1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bruhic

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Bigfoot3814, Mar 1, 2008.

1. King of Town

King of Town Adventuring

Big Foot in your mouth:) I was thankful for bruhic everytime I turned on the game, and solver for a while. I don't care who fixes it as long as it's fixed!

2. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

Does it fix this annoying issue:

- I have a huge stack ready to attack a city
    - I highlight it all, and attack the city
    - Before attacking again, I have to unclick the unit that just attacked, or it won't let me attack
    - Repeat for every unit

???

3. King Flevance

King Flevance Deity

I believe so warpus. I never have ran into that issue but I don't use stack attack. But if memory serves, 3.13+Bhruic's does not have that issue.

4. Silence101

Silence101 King

Bhruic's unofficial 3.13 rocks!

5. Heathen_Penguin

Heathen_Penguin Chieftain

I have played with the patch for so long that I have forgotten the unpatched version behavior. With 3.13+Bhruic's patch, the non-siege, 1-movement units are automatically "unclicked". You must unclick siege units. 2-movement units if successful do not have to be unclicked, but they will move if a later battle successfully takes the tile.

Heathen

Note: I see two different spellings of the name. The poster of the patch has the handle "Bhruic".

6. JBConquests

JBConquests Prince

Hmm, I'll have to give this patch a try.

I think whether you notice or not that you need a patch really depends on how deep you get into the game and how critically you think of the game. Some people don't dive in and learn the rules as deeply as others and are likely to not notice there are a bunch of bugs that need patching.

7. Heathen_Penguin

Heathen_Penguin Chieftain

Agreed, and a very good point.

The unofficial patch is also a dll file replacement. Just keep the old file and after determining the which way is "better" (subjective, of course); keep the appropriate file.

Personally, the unofficial patch makes some changes that I would not have made, but overall I like the game with the unofficial patch better than without.

Heathen

8. ggganz

ggganz a.k.a. The Scyphozoa

Is there ANYBODY on Earth who actually likes the game better without the unofficial patch??

9. moggfanatic

moggfanatic Chieftain

People who play multiplayer :)

10. IronCrown

IronCrown Black Foe of the World

Just make all participants use it, too ;)

11. morpheus11

morpheus11 Warlord

I don't use the patch, but I do use the HOF mod that can be found on the HOF forum. It does fix all of the stuff that the unofficial patch fixes.

@ moggfanatic, I believe you will still experience some of the minor bugs in a multiplayer game. The most obvious would be no building will show that it increases your culture or espionage.

12. ditchhook

ditchhook Chieftain

13. ditchhook

ditchhook Chieftain

Wow. I wonder if they realize that when they put such a patch at the bottom of their priorities list, purchasing other products from their company goes down on <i>my</i> priorities list.

Anyway, I hope they are classy enough to compensate Bruhic in some substantial way for his efforts.

14. theKurgen

theKurgen Warlord

I think the only person who wouldn't notice these bugs would either be:

a) unconscious

or

b) A Firaxis play tester

15. ButSam

ButSam King

I hope you don't plan on sending spies into enemy territory prior to declaring war so you are prepped fromt he beginnign to do maximal damage. There is a bug that causes all spies to be removed from borders when declaring war, among other things. Bhruic's patch is highly highly recommended. It is not absolutely essential, but it is closer to the way BtS should have been, less buggy.

16. JBConquests

JBConquests Prince

What's wrong with the patch on multiplayer?

17. ggganz

ggganz a.k.a. The Scyphozoa

It causes OOS errors if there is anyone not using it.

18. JBConquests

JBConquests Prince

I'm betting many/majority of the changes for the unofficial patch aren't something most casual (not very serious...) players would notice as bugs. Of course, there are a couple obvious ones like the culture not displaying. But, most are not obvious.

Though perhaps in your world, everyone who plays civ has memorized every rule there is and plays at diety level? ;) If so, good for you!

Geez, some of these new features listed in the patch I don't even use like Colonies? I guess I haven't looked into the benefits of this so I don't know why I would use it. If I can't afford to keep a city I raze some of them. I know other civ's don't like me for doing that but I don't really care... :)

19. Minmaster

Minmaster Prince

why doesn't firaxis just pay bruhic to make patches? it would save them a lot of money, and he makes better patches in timely manner. imo, they're better than official work and doesn't break things.

20. moggfanatic

moggfanatic Chieftain

I use the patch too in my offline games but have to revert to the official patch when I feel like doing online multiplayer