1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BruinBound's Let's Plays

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by BruinBound, Mar 28, 2015.

1. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

Welcome!

This thread is for consolidating all video content I have made in regards to Civ V. Along with LPs, I made some short, concise guides that go over what I feel are the four pillars of deity.

Guides:
    Scouting & Worker Stealing
    Growth
    Defense
    Economy

Let's Plays:
    Let's Play India - Playlist
    Let's Play Celts - Playlist
    Let's Play France - Playlist
    Let's Play Carthage - Playlist
    Let's Play America - Playlist
    Let's Play Songhai - Playlist
    Let's Play Zulu - Playlist
    Let's Play Denmark - DCL27 - Playlist
    Let's Play Babylon - Playlist
    Let's Play Venice - Playlist
    Let's Play Egypt - Playlist
    Let's Play Inca - Playlist
    Let's Play Shoshone - Playlist

If you enjoy these Let's Plays, please leave a like on Youtube. I never ask for likes in my videos but they absolutely make a difference and it helps other players find the videos!

2. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

I just uploaded my new series playing as Washington. Feel free to check it out! Playlist in first post but Part 1 here if you want to take a peek:

Part 1

3. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

If anyone has any suggestions for future LPs, I would be happy to hear them and do my best to oblige.

It could be:
    • Victory type
    • Map type
    • Civ I chose or a specific set of competitors
    • Policy trees I follow
    • Any other requests that could lead to an interesting game...

I'm up for any challenge, even if I go down in flames! That could be entertaining in of and itself. Don't be shy ;)

4. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

You could try full honor with Aztecs(or other warmonger) or ICS style (liberty until free settler and then refomartion) with maya

5. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

I like both ideas. I've only had one domination game and I did not go honor. I think I will do that next!

6. consentient

consentient Domination!

Have you ever had a crack at Futurism?

Maybe Montezuma, Pangaea/Lakes, Futurism?

7. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

I'll be totally honest, I had to look futurism up to find out what it was. Then I spent a few minutes wondering if you are trying to play a prank on me and set me up for failure :(

However, I did some research and it does look interesting. It clearly would work well with a conquest style culture victory. I have already began my new "Honor" series with Askia, I will keep it in the back of my mind. If it looks doable, I may consider it. I typically would like a test game or two for ironing out the kinks, but happy to do the research also. If I do decide for a more classic domination style win in this game, I'll consider trying futurism out in the future.

8. consentient

consentient Domination!

Yeah, it's definitely achievable. You can either go for it mega fast, like IronFighterXXX on the Spain DCL, or just take out all the culture leaders, like I did on DCL 4.

9. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

My new series playing as Askia of Songhai is currently up!

Askia - Part 1

Askia - Part 2

I'm not terribly experienced in domination style games so hoping the warmonger community can take some time away from killing ants and offer some advice.

I'm planning on getting some crossbows set up with supporting Mandekalu Cavalry (eventually). I'm not too far away from machinery and getting my first war started. However, its not super obvious to me who I should start with. Both have advantages and disadvantages, right before the end of Part 2 I say where my heads at. Hoping for some feedback on which route will give me the best success!

10. Chunkook

Chunkook Chieftain

Hey BruinBound!

Wanted to shout out that I'm appreciative of you openness to experimenting (liberty/honor, not only tradition). It's been a while since I've checked out your channel and I was happily surprised! Will definitely be watching the latest LPs as soon as I grab some beers and work out a nice strategy for doing a bit of early domination with Greece and later transitioning into diplomacy.

Anyways, thanks again man!

11. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

Thanks, I think I remember you posting good things when I first started out. The support is great to hear! My Carthage and Songhia LP's I play non-tradition and may interest you.

12. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

I wanted to do an Honor-Commerce-Autocracy with Songhai. The last video is now up:
    Part 8

Any advice from the domination pros would be helpful (consentient maybe you can take a look). A fresh pair of eyes telling me where I went wrong and what I could have done differently would be helpful.

13. A.J.K.

A.J.K. Chieftain

14. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

I really liked making that America LP, good choice. Some fun dealing with Pedro coming up for you to watch!

15. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

Happy to announce my new series is up:
    Shaka Part 1

A little ashamed that I took a great warmonger civ, but Impi aren't ranged so cut me a break :)

16. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

Going to put up my DCL27 playthrough all at once!

Playlist above but here is Part 1

17. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

My Babylon series is now complete, beginning my new series today where I randomly received Venice. This will be fun!

Playlist above, but if you want a peek here is:
    Part 1

18. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

Trying a One-City Challenge with Egypt. Should give me time to build some wonders!

Part 1

19. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

Egypt OCC is finished. My new series is going to be attempting a culture victory with the Inca:
    Playlist/ Part 1

20. BruinBound

BruinBound Warlord

After a bit of a break, I'm back to recording. I decided to try out a wide liberty game with the incredibly fun Shoshone:
    Playlist/ Part 1