Bryant arrested on sexual assault count

Steve Winer

Shock the monkey...
I read this story in the sports section of my local paper, the Knoxville News Sentinal...........

Associated Press

Denver-Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant turned himself in to police and posted a 25,000 dollar bond on a felony count of sexual assault, the Eagle County sheriff's office said Sunday.

The 24 year old All-Star guard was released after turning himself in on Friday. The sheriff's office said an arrest warrent was issued after deputies investigated a woman's claims Tuesday of sexual misconduct by Bryant. The incident happened the previous night in a hotel in the Edwards area of Eagle County, near Vail, the sheriff's office said in a statement.

Hurlbert said Sunday night he hadn't made a decision on whether to file charges and had not yet seen the arrest report. He said the sheriff's office asked a judge for an arrest warrant instead of requesting one through his office, the usual practice.

"During the investigation, Bryant was cooperative with investigators and remains cooperative with authorities", the sheriff's office said.

Judge Russel Granger ordered the case sealed.

Attempts to reach Bryant for comment were not immediately successful.

The rest of the story pertains to things unrelated of the above event and I will not waste my time posting them.

o - o :nono:
too bad....

Why would they arrest somebody, when the prosecutor doesn't even know if they'll file charges!!! Shoddy police work, that's all this is.

FREE KOBE! FREE KOBE! FREE KOBE!

The police can arrest you and hold for an x amount of time even without concrete evidence.

Originally posted by Mr Black
FREE KOBE! FREE KOBE! FREE KOBE!

:nono: :nono:
You've got it all wrong! It should be:

JAIL KOBE! JAIL KOBE! JAIL KOBE!

PS. Can you tell I'm not a Lakers fan...;)

neither am i, but i really honestly dont think he did it. He's been a model citizen the last 6 (i think) years in the NBA.

Maybe that was a pose?

I don't know, but it could be....

Nah, he's probably innocent but his reputation will suffer from this incident (it already has)....

which isnt fair, the NBA is littered with crap like this (guilty and not guilty)

darkness, remember that Marshall Faulk case?

This definitely seems like shoddy police work to me. What harm would have been done by doing this investigation outside of the national spotlight? I mean Kobe was jailed for 2 minutes, paid his $25,000 bond, and left. In a justice system that is supposed to be "innocent until proven guilty," public figures like Kobe don't get fair justice because their good name is sullied.

This is of course assuming that he is actually innocent. If he is guilty, let him rot in jail.

Originally posted by Azale
neither am i, but i really honestly dont think he did it. He's been a model citizen the last 6 (i think) years in the NBA.

a model citizen? how do you know?

Has Kobe been arrested or charged with marijuana possession like half the NBA? Does he have out-of-wedlock children like the other half? That makes him a model citizen in the NBA.:lol: Seriously though, he has kept his nose clean, played great ball, and led his team to three championships. He has acted publically like a perfect role model up until this incident which may or may not be true. Neither you or I know what he's like in private, but I think Azale was referring to his public persona.

Well, he was charged with beating his ex-wife.

It was dismissed and the wife was basically seen as a gold-digger.

Top Bottom