BSOD: Video Related

Doskias51

Chieftain
I was in Turn 36 about to move a worker to my second city and bam BOSD flashes for .01 secs and the video crash causes it and restarts the PC. I didn notice some of the tiles flickered. About one every 30 tiles on the map. I ran the DX10/11 app.

My setup is:

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM Patriot Viper DDR3 1600
Hard Drive: 64GB SSD and 7200rpm 250 GB
Video Card: Sapphire Vapor-X ATI Radeon HD 4890 Series in CF
Monitor: Asus 26" Monitor
Sound Card: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device)
Speakers/Headphones: G35 Logitech 7.1 Headset
Keyboard: Logitech G 510
Mouse: Razer Naga MMO Mouse
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Motherboard: Asus M4A79T Deluxe

Well it doesn't show anything other than the fact that it got shut down abnormally. The only other thing is shows is the kernel losing connection to the keyboard and volmgr when it crashed. The keyboard made this The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device Root\SIDESHOW\0001. But I am sure it has nothing to do with the keyboard. It is a video crash because I have seen it before on other programs. The last thing it shows is the video go kookie, the static crazy colors screen, I am sure everyone has seen it at least once in their life.

It happened again after I started the game back up from the load about another 20 turns after.

Like I said there is no log other than what I pasted about the keyboard driver. Yes my video card drivers are up to day. I did some more testing and it has something to due with the DX10/11 app, I ran the DX9 app for about 9 hours with no crashes or sketchy graphic glitches.

I found a dump file that may be related to the problem I have.

Attachments

• civilizationv_dx11_200405_crash_2010_9_21T16_54_49C0.rar
    20.5 KB · Views: 56
Here is a second dmp file. I monitored the temps and I believe that overheating is the issue as for what others are experiencing as well. I read on the 2K forums that there is a lot of ppls card overheating. My card was going to 115 degrees Celsius then shutting the PC down.

Attachments

• civilizationv_dx11_200405_crash_2010_9_24T4_5_32C0.rar
    19.6 KB · Views: 50
Top Bottom