BTS 3.13 not installing properly?

zxcvbnm

The Nobody
I can't get 3.13 mods to work, I have installed BTS 3.13 and it shows it has installed properly but troubleshooting shows I have problems resulting from not having 3.13. The version is installed straight upon the version on my BTS disc, and if it's the one causing .13 not install, what can I do?

Civ version: 313 (would seem like 3.13?)
Save version: 301 (?)
Build version: 3.0.0.1 (is this the problem?)
Build date: Fri Sep 21 21:16:18 2007
Build: FINAL RELEASE

this is as it should be. I have no idea why they call 3.13 build version 3.0.0.1, probably to scare people :gripe: :mischief: ;)

Anyway: now that its clear you have the correct patch, what is the problem with those mods? Which mods? Why are you sure its from not having 3.13?

Fall From Heaven 2 0.30, bug thread says "Known issues: CTD when starting a game, caused by not having BTS 3.13" and I heard that there is a patch causing .13 not install properly

Only when starting a game. The full game is downloaded, I know because it takes a day for me, and when the game should start it crashes to desktop, just like when BTS is not correctly patched.

could you please do the following:
open my games\Beyond the Sword\civilizationIV.ini
search for all items with "log" in their name and set them from 0 to 1, also search for "hydepythonexceptions" set that from 1 to 0. Save. Then start a game once it crashes please post the content of my games\beyond the sword\logs as a zip file here.

Weird, random map works now, but I got a crash with second try, the problem might be with a single civilisation or scenario. Here's the logs

did it show this message when crashing:

Can't find type enum for type tag LEADER_MORGOTH
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvWBInterface", line 47, in applyInitialItems

File "CvWBDesc", line 1697, in applyInitialItems

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function applyInitialItems failed, module CvWBInterface

It did show that message. So might it be that the leader Sandalphon's (Morgoth) files would be missing?

this is definitely a bug in the mod and not a problem with your install - a c++ error like the one referenced there is well capable of crashing a game. You might want to report it in the FfH bug thread (just quote the error message I posted) :)
Its most likely a typo somewhere in the code - but that needs fixing...

Ok. Thanks for sorting it out.

Top Bottom