[BTS 3.19] Earth 35 Civilizations MOD

Is it at all possible to play online with this mod? My friend and i cannot see the games we create in the lobby. We have the blue marble installed, could that be the problem?

I'm trying to get this to work , but keep incountering problems. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I have I'm running windows Vista, and I have the 3.17 version of BtS. I also have the BUG mod. Coulsd that lead to a problem?

A few times, I got the mod to load, but I couldn't find any of the new features. After trying several times, I got the various error messages popping up one after another.

The first one says, "Tag: UNITCLASS_OLYMP_MISSIONARY in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ReligionInfo.xml" When I hit ok, I get a similar message about "RELIGION_DRUID". I got a total of 25 almost identical messages about various files all starting with "RELIGION_" and then the name of one of your new religions. Then it said that Civ 4 had stopped working and needed to close.

What am I doing wrong?

I have the 3.17 version of BtS.

Your crash is because of this.
Normally mods really only work with the mentioned version, and this is true for the mod here.
-> patch first, then the other problems can be analyzed.

I hadn't even noticed that they had released a new patch. Somehow that slipped pass me for a year.

I just downloaded it and I got the same (or similar) series of error mesages, and the came still crashed.

EDIT: I got the mod to open. The problem with the error messages was something to do with the unzip program. I opened the map to play a game, but the information bars at the top and bottom of the screen(map, unit commands, tech research etc.) disappeared. What could be causeing this?

Can someone please verify whether or not i can play online? I played with one of the older versions but when i try to play online with the latest one i cannot see games in the lobby.

Hey, love your mod, I'm wondering if you ever created a version that's combined with Next War, I'd love to play with 35 Civs and have the tech from Next War!

Thanks!

Great Mod, there's just one thing I didn't like: I played a game with Carthage and when I was the first one to reach the Americas I found the USA already there... And the same goes for Argentina and Australia.
So to make it more historical, I modded USA into Cherokee with Ostenaco as leader, Argentina in Mapuche empire with Lautaro as leader, and I'm going to change Australia into Maori.

I don't know if you agree with me, but maybe you could change it in the next version?

Again: great mod! Thanks ;)

I don't know if you agree with me, but maybe you could change it in the next version?

No others version are planned. You can edit this mod as you want.

Well your idea is good, I've already put Apache, Sioux, Iroquois and all the South America Civilizations... Maybe remove US, Argentina and Australia is not a bad idea...

Again: great mod! Thanks

Thx to you for playing it :D

It's been over a month since I had this problem and still haven't gotten it fixed. Is there anything you know of that I could do, Liambane? This looks like a great mod and I really want to play it sometime. Thanks!

I'm trying to get this to work , but keep incountering problems. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I have I'm running windows Vista, and I have the 3.17 version of BtS. I also have the BUG mod. Coulsd that lead to a problem?

A few times, I got the mod to load, but I couldn't find any of the new features. After trying several times, I got the various error messages popping up one after another.

The first one says, "Tag: UNITCLASS_OLYMP_MISSIONARY in Info class was incorrect
Current XML file is: xml\GameInfo/CIV4ReligionInfo.xml" When I hit ok, I get a similar message about "RELIGION_DRUID". I got a total of 25 almost identical messages about various files all starting with "RELIGION_" and then the name of one of your new religions. Then it said that Civ 4 had stopped working and needed to close.

What am I doing wrong?

I hadn't even noticed that they had released a new patch. Somehow that slipped pass me for a year.

I just downloaded it and I got the same (or similar) series of error mesages, and the came still crashed.

EDIT: I got the mod to open. The problem with the error messages was something to do with the unzip program. I opened the map to play a game, but the information bars at the top and bottom of the screen(map, unit commands, tech research etc.) disappeared. What could be causeing this?

It's been over a month since I had this problem and still haven't gotten it fixed. Is there anything you know of that I could do, Liambane? This looks like a great mod and I really want to play it sometime. Thanks!

Looks like you should download 3.19 version. This mod works ONLY with 3.19 version.

Else, try to redownload the mod. Maybe you have an Old Bugged version.

I downloaded the the 3.19 version and it loaded, but the mini-world map, unit command bar, gold bar, etc. were all gone. I'll try re-downloading it tomorrow when I have more time. Thanks for the help!

Hey Liambane.
I love this map and have modified it in a way i appreciate.
In my German Civforum, some guys are eager to play it, as they saw a couple of pics i posted.
Is it ok, if i add it to my little Modmod, which i uploaded in that forum?
You'll get all the credits of course :).

Great Job :goodjob:

Hey Liambane.
I love this map and have modified it in a way i appreciate.
In my German Civforum, some guys are eager to play it, as they saw a couple of pics i posted.
Is it ok, if i add it to my little Modmod, which i uploaded in that forum?
You'll get all the credits of course :).

Great Job :goodjob:

Thx for feedback. I would like to see what have you changed.

Nothing spectacular.
I have reduced the number of Civs to 26, changed some starting plots, moved some ressources to nearby tiles for better City-Placement and arranged the civs alphabetically.
Basically, its your map, which is great.
The only thing i am thinking about is to add some bonuses to india, because atm i think the land is a little poor for such a giant nation.

Btw,

one thing i noticed:

Shaka starts with 59 Gold, Gilgamesh with 45 and Agueybana with 44 Gold. I think this is not intended and you can set those to zero in the WB File.

I have reduced the number of Civs to 26...

Well I think there is room enough for all 35 civs since the 1st version had 40 civs!!! :D
Btw there's no problem, edit it as you wish. Do you have a link for that?

I've uploaded a better version, since it's all about AI improvement, Varietas Delectat, and bugfixes. It will be ready in some hours.

It's now a "NEW" version, but only an improved one. I depowered Mali and change some stuffs on map for balance.

Shaka starts with 59 Gold, Gilgamesh with 45 and Agueybana with 44 Gold.

Yup, that's an error. Thx for bug report! I've corrected it in this new version.

I have BtS 3.19 on Mac OS and i'm trying to get this mod working cause standard 18 civs is too unbalanced and not enough deep but it get stuck loading "[Eart 35 Civs] Init XML (uncached). It never ends loading that thing :(

EDIT: after 15 minutes of loading it says "Failed loading xml fiel xml\text\modern era 4vd.xml. [/aspyrbuild/depot/civ4/source bts/win/fireplace/fireworks/win32/fxml.cpp:140] error parsing xml file -
file: xml\test\modern era 4vd.xml
reason: (null)
line: 0, 0
source: (null)

Can you tell me how to solve this problem? Cause i'm not at home and i have a slow connection trough the phone and downloading 221 MB again would be a big problem...

EDIT 2: after pressing "ok" i got many others error messages about australia, masaai, apache. After all those messages the game start up but didn't let me choose any civ, just random and when loading the map it crashes.

I have BtS 3.19 on Mac OS...

1st are you sure you downloaded the 2.4b version?

Dunno if this mod works on Mac OS cause I've vista. Btw i think that the problem is that you don't put this mod in the MOD folder.

C:\ProgramFiles\SidMeier'sCivilization4\BeyondTheSword\Mods\Earth35Civs for windows.

Dunno for the MAC.

Top Bottom