[BTS 3.19] Earth 35 Civilizations MOD

I have been playing my first game with this mod for the last week and have experienced some problems that I wanted to ask about.

When I first load the game I don't have any interface (city/unit/mini-map, etc). If I minimize and restore it, the interface appears.

Several of the advisor screens do not work at all. No technology adviser, domestic advisor, military advisor. Civics, corporations, religion, victory, statistics DO work.

I am at around 1750 of a marathon game and am getting Memory Allocation Errors, which crash out. I have 4gb of ram, but am on xp 32 bit, so only 3.25 is available. I don't think Civ is using all of the available ram.

Are there solutions to any of these issues? In particular, the crashing may prevent me from completing the game.

I've just spent a long time downloading this, and I felt like I finally had it right, I've run into a roadblock.

I've gotten to the point where I can load up the mod, but when I do, there is no extra map... it's the same as the regular game with no added options. What can I do?

I've just spent a long time downloading this, and I felt like I finally had it right, I've run into a roadblock.

I've gotten to the point where I can load up the mod, but when I do, there is no extra map... it's the same as the regular game with no added options. What can I do?

you must choice PLAY SCENARIO --> Earth 35 Civs.

Alright, so I know how to edit leader traits for normal BTS using the xml file, however, I seem to be unable to edit leader traits for the new leaders in this mod. When I go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\Common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods\Earth 35 Civs\Assets\XML\Civilizations I only get the normal BTS list of leaders and not the new ones that have been added to the game. Any help figuring how to do this would be great.

Alright, so I know how to edit leader traits for normal BTS using the xml file, however, I seem to be unable to edit leader traits for the new leaders in this mod. When I go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\Common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Mods\Earth 35 Civs\Assets\XML\Civilizations I only get the normal BTS list of leaders and not the new ones that have been added to the game. Any help figuring how to do this would be great.

Go in Assets\Modules\Custom Civilization\*civilization\*leadername
I did my mod almost full modular for be simply modded by anyone! :)

Thanks for replying! Somewhat surprised I got a reply but glad. In gratitude, let me just say the mod is excellent and thanks for making it.

Okay, so I was able to change the leader traits no problem but now I have another issue. When I go to start the game the command bar at the bottom does not show up, none of that interface to select individual units or even issue orders is there (So I cannot found a city or really do anything except right click a unit around). Civ IV BTS still works just the same and I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod but that did not help. Any Ideas what this could be?

Okay, so I was able to change the leader traits no problem but now I have another issue. When I go to start the game the command bar at the button does not show up, none of that interface to select individual units or even issue orders is there (So I cannot found a city or really do anything except right click a unit around). Civ IV BTS still works just the same and I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod but that did not help. Any Ideas what this could be?

Which files have you altered?

Actually, I haven't altered any files for this installation. When I first encountered the issue I naturally assumed I had messed something up and did a fresh install of earth 35 civs, however, that did not help at all.

Actually, I haven't altered any files for this installation. When I first encountered the issue I naturally assumed I had messed something up and did a fresh install of earth 35 civs, however, that did not help at all.

What operating system are you using?

If you are using Vista or Win7, test what happens if you load game via "run as administrator."

Nice job on this mod. Definitely makes for an interesting endgame. I've been playing as Britain, with a somewhat-colonial and high-science strategy. Most of the game was similar to a regular Earth map, but now that the AI have realized I'm threatening to win a space race, they've really upped the ante. I've been nuked no fewer than 11 times (not counting two nukes I shot down after belatedly building SDI - although I'm glad the first nuke was successful), have fought most powers in the world lately, and am generally striking a delicate balance between spaceship production and military defences. In 4 turns, I'll have a minimal spaceship, barring disaster, but it's been a wild ride.

I haven't used too much of the new techs yet... built a Dreadnought (which looks an awful lot like a ship), used it a bit, lost it against a Main Battle Tank, and it's been too expensive to rebuild. The AI have invaded me with Iron Men, but I've either been able to airstrike them to a stalemate or buy them off at the last second. I've built a few Clones, and to my knowledge no one else has, but not enough to make a big difference, and my Clone city is now dedicated to spaceships. I just build my first Arcology, the second in the world after Rome as far as I'm aware, in Perth, in Western Australia (most of Australia is my colony, and central South America used to be until the AIs dogpiled me). They're too expensive to build when I could build spaceship parts for a similar cost, but I can buy them slowly. Shielded Arcologies could prove useful if the AI remains so aggressive.

I'm hoping Cornwall, Wales, and Iceland escape being nuked... it's a dangerous world. I did manage to return fire against the Tupi once, but spaceships are winning over nukes in build priority. I think there's about 15-20 civs remaining... there was a fair amount of consolidation and land wars in Asia in the late 1800s and 1900s.

Only thing I'm not sure is quite right is the tech speed on Epic. It seems like things were going pretty fast. It's 1995 and I'm already finished with the tech tree, and I've been going slow lately. Though, the AIs don't seem to be quite there yet - some do have Iron Men, but not all - so perhaps my science strategy was simply more successful than I realized?

At any rate One More Turn Syndrome has kicked in, so it's time to get some sleep!

Update: I don't know if it's what you changed or the Better AI, but they are really trying their best to keep me from winning. It's a never-ending dogpile as they try to destroy me before I colonize space. And eventually their numbers proved overwhelming. It's now summer 2002, and Operation Sealion has been in full swing for quite awhile, and Australia, who sent most of her troops to reinforce Britain, is falling to new enemies. Perth is the last major city in Australia, and just finished some SS Casing, and I've been forced to launch a near-minimal spaceship (2 SS Casings, 1 of all else). Cornwall is Spanish, but Perth, Ireland, England, Scotland, and Tasmania remain. The last will be the last stand if need be, as it has many troops and no airport to have them leave.

The latest tactic I've adopted is self-nuking. :nuke: I'd thought about nuke-and-razing the Low Countries from France and with it the Statue of Liberty, but they SDI'ed that idea. So instead I nuked the large concentration of French, Spanish, and Viking troops in the Midlands. While it's quite effective, you know things aren't good when your best tactic is to nuke yourself - at least all cities were out of range. :nuke: I'm hoping that will be enough to save Scotland and England for awhile, and it already convinced France and the Vikings to make peace.

I still have not experienced a nuke fest, ever. I try to always take control over the UN. The UN is a great annoyance when out of my control. And when I finally take over the SG, in time, I get the nuke treaty ratified. After all this time, I don't know if I want to experience a nuke war. :undecide: I'm so used to a no nuke game so that all my strategies are based on conventional invasions. I don't really know what to expect from nuke games. :p

Space races seem to start wars for me too. And because I prefer loooong conquest games, I stopped participating in the space races. :D

Top Bottom