1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] 3.19 Liberating cities to the wrong Vassals...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by Pep, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Pep

Pep King

In my latest game, I found a colony (America) very early. Years later, in a different island, I found Aztec. The strange issue is that, after the war in which I conquered a former American city (Birka) and an enemy Native American city (Mesa Verde), both in the same continent of American Civ, I can't choose to liberate both cities back to America. My only choices are:
    • Grant independence to Birka, Mesa Verde.
    • Liberate Birka (gift to Montezuma)
    • Liberate Mesa Verde (gift to Sitting Bull)

You can see it in the attached picture and savegame.

Edit: Removed the savegame due to quota issues

Attached Files:

2. Pep

Pep King

I have discovered the reason why I can't return the conquered cities to America. After Native America conquered its capital, Americans move their capital to a distant island tile. The code in CvCity::getLiberationPlayer establish a penalty to capital distance when liberating cities. So I can only gift my cities to my vassal with the closest capital (Aztec) or the Civ with its capital in the same continent.

The solution could be changing CvCity::getLiberationPlayer to consider the number of cities of your vassal in the same continent as a positive factor.

Also, I think the code that sets the new capital after the old has been conquered should be revised. It should consider moving the capital to a city in the same continent where the major number of your cities are, instead of moving it to the city with the greatest population on a distant island.