BTS 3.19 Mod suggestions, not scenario related.

wotan321

Emperor
Just for the sake of clarity, changes to the Mod itself, and questions about the one scenario that exists now (and future scenarios such as World map, Barbarossa, Africa, Pacific, etc.), perhaps should be kept separately.

I want to know how many civs can be included in a scenario build for this Mod? Does it have the 18 civ limit?

18 until next patch wich will change limit to 50 :)

Wow... 50 civs.

Okay, one thing I think needs to be modified is the Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml file. Since the religions have become ideologies, Fascism, Allies and Comitern, and you can spread or remove religion/ideologies, the Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml file could make it so that civs that share ideology would love each other, and that civs with different ideologies would be easily provoked to go to war.

Likewise, this file would control who is likely to go to war in any case, some civs should rarely if EVER declare war.

Also, here is where we could set some civs, such as Reich and Italy, to be likely to declare war on weaker neighbors.

The Civ4LeaderHeadInfos.xml file would establish some diplomatic tendencies that were more like the historical situation WITHOUT making it inevitable. With some random events thrown in the mix, and some permanent peace tags in the *.wbs file, a lot can be done without unavoidable python events.

IMHO, this is the route to go for diplomacy.

Just a report after play about 200 turn
At first, all great people has it own name ( i got van meinsten,rommel, and so on).But after few GP, they don't have anymore(just great general, great philosopher and so on).Does it mean you've run out of GP name?If you're, maybe we could suggest you few name that deserved a place there.

Second, in vanilla civ, when you attached GG to a unit, the unit icon in the upper right of his icon would turn became star, while the other "ordinary" unit have circle. Yes it's so minor.But it would help you a lot to identified your"super unit", when you have a stack of unit in that tiles.

@wotan. Yeah Leaderheads .xml will be tweaked in Patch - the gameplay should be better.

@i_diavolorosso. Yesw please. If you can extend GP list that would be cool and helpfull:goodjob:

A few issues with air combat:

1. I think there needs to be some kind of interception probability falloff based on the tile distance of the interceptor from the attacked plot. The increased range for air units is great, but I'm having situations where I have to gain air superiority over one part of the map just to bomb another part. I was trying to soften up ships off the coast of Scotland and was getting intercepted by German fighters on the mainland. In another case, I was attacking cities in northeast Turkey as the USSR and was getting consistently intercepted by British planes on Cyprus. This would require some SDK changes, of course, but I was thinking it might be good to up the current base intercept chance for each unit, and then maybe give a falloff of -3% intercept chance per tile? This way, if a player attacks a plot on the edge of the unit's air range, the chances of a successful interception will be much smaller than if the tile is very close to the interceptor.

2. Remove the interception chance for machine guns. First of all, it seems unrealistic. Second of all, machine guns are absolutely everywhere. I can't even tell you how often my planes are thwarted by machine guns rather than anti-aircraft guns or fighters.

Ad 1. I like this idea - this fallof -3% per tile is very good idea. And good that it'll be SDK change - the game should run faster.

Ad.2 OK I'll turn this option off.

I have thought of a few ideas :

- Ideological Inquisitor (I'm trying to adapt it now from Inquisition Mod)
- Corporate Inquisitor (a lawyer looking type of guy with a suitcase...much like a corporate spreader)
- Give some tech to countries earlier than just through the tech tree (Ex: Penicilin should take alot longer for Non-west-allies to get, Rocketry should almost be a given to the Germans cause nobody else had anything close to V1 or V2s, etc).
- Flight Simulators (gives extra xp at aircraft creation)
- In the Foreign Advisor screen it would be nice to be able to see the country which each person represents.
- Nation specific Generals (with their own skin and unique names, I've been trying to do this but somehow the names are mixed up.)
- Changing the units Waffen SS II and Red Guard II to Tank divisions (SS panzer divisions and Tank Guard Division)
- Creating some nifs of wonders that would depict the country occupying it (Ex: Arc the Triomphe would have either Nazi or Commy flags on it, etc)
- V2 with Nuclear warhead should look like an A9/A10 rocket (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&sourc...n6XnBg&usg=AFQjCNEyiBa9mVQ5VU6w1nB1GYWVH5jhRw)
- Perharps we should expand the techtree too include further tech/weapons/buildings, etc
- I think Japan was behind in tech...not lacking in quality of weapons.
- The order of the default units (Ex : Early fighter I to IV) looks visually contradictory. (Ex : Early fighter IV looks crappier than Early fighter II)
- I dislike the fact that the mainstead fighters of WW2 are all available at the outset of WW2. (Ex: P51, FW190, etc) I think they should be spread out over multiple techs
- Create a ressource called "Manufactured Goods" that would be produced by buildings in cities and could be traded to others civs (Ex: in the details of the Non-aggression pact between Germany and Russia there was a clause stating that Russia would send food and oil to germany in exchange for Manufactured goods)
- On the main game screen when the Great Philosopher unit is selected there is a strange black box behind then in the bottom left part of the screen
- U-boat bunkers
- Why is the Tiger weaker than the Panther when the Tiger had more armor and firepower
- V2 is not assign to Germany (they only have the Balistic missile)
- Helicopter have no cross water capability (Rise of Mankind has cargo carrying helicopters that go over water)
- Making the railroad visually different to make it easier to make out from the road
- Playing Germany at turn 48 (week 1 jan. 1939) American and Canadians land in Hamburg with 15 ground units
- Interchangeable parts promotion icon is a square icon (not rounded out)
- Perharps add a promotion for naval units named "Radar guided guns"
- Coastal Defense Guns
- Ambulance, Medic and Truck iCombat is very strong
- How about nation dependant ship architecture ? (Type VIIC submarine for Germany, HMS Hood for Britain's battleships, etc)
- Replace Dornier Do 335 units with either the FW190 or Heinkel He 219.
- "Level Bombers" should have a negative bonus agaisnt ships but dive bombers should have a positive one.
- Improved torpedo promotion for submarines
- Make the XML tags for upgrading units in such a fashion that you could only build 3 types of tanks/fighter/bomber at all times. (when a 4th would be available then the 1st would disappear).

Another thing... I think some of these ships should require Coal or Oil rather than Oil or Uranium. In particular, the Transports because they can be extremely important.

Should Fighters and Bombers be separated into different combat categories? I was thinking that maybe Bombers could get an advantage against ground-based interceptors since they would probably tend to be flying higher. I might be mistaken about that, but either way, it might be good to have some units that are better against Bombers than Fighters or vise versa.

@ Dom Pedro - the are different combat categories - air units splits into:
- fighters
- tactical bombers (inculuding also dive bombers)
- strategical bombers. The strategical bombers could have this advantage.

I agree with coal for ships.

@LoneTraveller
There are some cool ideas!
The inquisitor mod is part of merged mod.
Panther is stronger to make it more gamebalanced - Panther is more far on the tech tree, so it would be nonsense to make it weak.

(Ex : Early fighter IV looks crappier than Early fighter II) - I don't care since I don't use them in scenario and they can't be built. Treat fighter I-IV as one unit class.

How about nation dependant ship architecture ? (Type VIIC submarine for Germany, HMS Hood for Britain's battleships, etc) - Yeah, but it'll be future thing to be done.

- In the Foreign Advisor screen it would be nice to be able to see the country which each person represents. - The color of the LH button's background is the same as team color of that nation.

@LoneTraveller
There are some cool ideas!
The inquisitor mod is part of merged mod.

When applying the inquisitor to this mod I have realized that a few modifications are necessary. the inquisitor mod is designed to eliminate holy shrines and temples but this mod has holy shrines, local and regional political HQ builidings. A supplemental python function will be required to identify and terminate the extra building class.

@LoneTraveller Panther is stronger to make it more gamebalanced - Panther is more far on the tech tree, so it would be nonsense to make it weak.

In reality...the Panther came before the Tiger. If i remember my games so far they were both available from the same tech/moment.

PS: Maybe it's just me but when I play tired I get the Panther and the koenigstiger mixed up alot. Perharps separate paint jobs ? (I found once a very hot looking panther skin that was dark green, I can't seem to find the download link but I have it if you are looking for it) A nice paint job for the Koenigstiger could be from this picture : http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...7ui5Dg&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=5&ct=image

You'right - I inspected the xml code (and check wiki) and indeed Tiger was to weak. Fixed, and will be in next patch.

Despite my earlier whining about the mod getting too big, I would like to request that the "Reforest Mod" be added, if possible.

Despite my earlier whining about the mod getting too big, I would like to request that the "Reforest Mod" be added, if possible.

Where is this mod...I can't find it in either of the search engines of this site (download and forum)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=138242&highlight=replanting

I apologize for not posting the link. Its the "Forest replanting mod" by rezaf. I do not think its 3.19 but have added it to other recent mods, it takes only a little editing to update it with the new tags.

It looks rather small to implant. It wouldn't be too difficult I believe.

Oh yeah...I have noticed that IG Farben (a chemical products corporation) gets a bonus from stone. I'm 4 courses away from finishing my undergraduate studies in chemistry. I have never used stone or rocks in any experiment. I (in my version) have switched it to "Chemical Resources".

EDIT :

Got an idea when the future inquisition mod will be implimented. When the facist holy shrine is destroyed...play this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzEBp9EV2pg

Haha cool movie :)

Sorrry but I won't agree with you (I also had a lot chemistry at university - I'm MSc Eng with specialization: managment and environmental protection in chemical industry) - there's large part of chemical industry wich uses stone - various rocks are offten valuable sources of different molecules - to name only few rocks - gypsum, phosphorite, limestone, marl. Part of chemical industry - Cement plants turns gypsum, marl clay and limestone into cement.
Chemical resources in mod are minerals that cannot be acquired in quarries (so they need mines), and aren't used in constructing buildings - like sulfur or different salts (NaCl, KCl and so on).

I noticed some of the Civ4ArtDefinesUnits.xml file has duplicates, such as the battleship and carrier sections. Was that intentional?

Haha cool movie :)

Sorrry but I won't agree with you (I also had a lot chemistry at university - I'm MSc Eng with specialization: managment and environmental protection in chemical industry) - there's large part of chemical industry wich uses stone - various rocks are offten valuable sources of different molecules - to name only few rocks - gypsum, phosphorite, limestone, marl. Part of chemical industry - Cement plants turns gypsum, marl clay and limestone into cement.
Chemical resources in mod are minerals that cannot be acquired in quarries (so they need mines), and aren't used in constructing buildings - like sulfur or different salts (NaCl, KCl and so on).

There must be a way to put it in. I mean Chemical corporation and chemical resources (to me) goes hand in hand.

EDIT :

How about making Organisation Todt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organisation_Todt) ? It would give cheaper workers and the number available would depend on the amount of enemy units were beaten.

Top Bottom