BTS and Warlords

GreatSquid

Chieftain
Ok, I have not bought the warlords expansion to Civ 4 yet. I had meant to a bunch of times but just never got around to it. Is it a moot point to buy it now?

I was reading the BtS info page and it said that all the Warlords epic game content would be included with the BtS expansion. I assume that means the civs, traits, etc. but I am not entirely sure and I wanted to verify that fact before I drop $30 when I could just wait a few more weeks and get it all included in one purchase and much cheaper.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked a bunch before. I tried to find the answer before I asked.

I'm pretty sure all the civs and leaders are in.

But the scenerio's for Warlords are not in.

That is the impression that I got too. I have never been much of a scenario person so it should work out well for me to just wait a few more weeks and get it all in one swoop.

Awesome, sorry I didn't get the chat--i was about to make a new thread to ask that but i fig'd id just pop in here :)

So thanks, I'm super psyked about BTS now!

I don't care much for the included scenarios in Warlords much myself, but one of the big reasons I got Warlrods, was because of te Barbarian Scenario. I have always wanted to do that.

Ok, I have not bought the warlords expansion to Civ 4 yet. I had meant to a bunch of times but just never got around to it. Is it a moot point to buy it now?

I was reading the BtS info page and it said that all the Warlords epic game content would be included with the BtS expansion. I assume that means the civs, traits, etc. but I am not entirely sure and I wanted to verify that fact before I drop $30 when I could just wait a few more weeks and get it all included in one purchase and much cheaper.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked a bunch before. I tried to find the answer before I asked.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=229173

I wanted to verify that fact before I drop $30.

Save $30 for Civ5. Civ5 included all of Civ4 items. Warlords is worth to buy. Don't be hasty to buy BTS. You have a plenty of times. BTS 3.16 patch will coming soon. At that time you can buy BTS.

I think we all regret Warlords. (it seems like I would have learned after the first Civ III expansion was followed by a better one that I should wait)

I only bought Warlords because I thought (incorrectly) it would let me play FfH when I had left my disc at college over the winter break (and I liked the idea of vassals)

The Warldords expansion seems so... Itty-bitty content-wise to BTS. In Warlords, we got:

GGs
2 new units
vassals
some scenarios
new map types
new civs
new leaders
new traits
UBs
Stables
New Wonders

In BTS, we'll get: