[BtS] - ArtDefines questions - mildly urgent...

Indeed, the build_algaefarm wasn't in the Civ4buildinfos.xml file. So it's logical this caused an xml.
But this wasn't related to our crash thus.

Is it the same type of CTD? What file are the Build_XXXX improvements defined in? I don't have the ArtDefines_Improvement here at work, but it's possible there are issues there.

Can you attach the BtS ArtDefines_Improvement here so I can see if it wasn't a simple swap job?

I think I have to start from a complete new .svn download.

By now I have removed algaefarm entries in too many files to restore things. :(

I think I have to start from a complete new .svn download.

By now I have removed algaefarm entries in too many files to restore things. :(

:(

I always rename files "oldCiv4" and then can delete my changed file if needed and remove the "old" to make things right again.

Okay, I am where I was before, added a proper IMPROVEMENT_ALGAEFARM reference in the CIV4ImprovementInfos file and the file loads up until the infamous CTD (at the same spot as before). No xml errors.

You still want me to upload xml files? Perhaps I better upload the whole xml folder I have here?

In any case, here are the two files I added the Algae references in.
The whole xml folder is 3.45 megs big, so that might not be a good idea if you're at work?

All XMl isn't necessary, just the BtS XML for ArtDefines_Improvements

Can you upload the file from the BtS/Assets area, not our modified file. I want to see differences, if any

Actually - Can someone upload the following:

Civ4ArtDefines_Improvements
Civ4ArtDefines_Leaderheads
Civ4ArtDefines_Civilizations

in 2 forms, the modified files and the BtS from the core game. Therefore...6 total files. :)

I might have made some errors when originally committing them that I want to check.

Thanks.

There you go, mate. I've added "_BtS" and "_SotM" labels on them, for easy reference.

Thanks Geo.

We have Cottage listed twice using 2 different nif; solcottage and SolarPlant. Which do we want?

solcottage.
The SolarPlant gave graphic errors IIRC, I think it was too big (filesize) for an improvement.

Besides, this double entry shouldn't have caused the crash. It was like that in Civ4 vanilla and it didn't crash the game there.

Btw, Woodelf, those solarplant/solarcottage graphics aren't in the artfolder. The cottages use a SolarPanel graphic.
I think a whole lot of art is wrong linking.

Btw, Woodelf, those solarplant/solarcottage graphics aren't in the artfolder. The cottages use a SolarPanel graphic.
I think a whole lot of art is wrong linking.

Did you ever get the cottage progression to work in vanilla?

Would bad art links do this to us?

I'll leave you alone for a while and wait until I get home to test anymore half-assed ideas.

Done.
Same old censored. It crashes at about 60% loading.

Note that while it seens like we are back to where we were before every time we get a CTD does not mean we a making progress.

Please post the XML log file when you get a CTD. It will tell us which file the bug is in that is causing the CTD.

I'm hoping that the 4 new ArtDefines files at least are some progress though.

Top Bottom