Cultural Diversity Mod
Enhancing the graphics of Beyond the Sword
[DOWNLOAD AT DATABASE]
[DOWNLOAD AT DATABASE]
This is the mod I've been working on lately. At the moment it is basically just Varietas Delectat v3.3 with a few extra unit graphics. However in the future it will be taken in a different direction from VD in that it will be more realistic and less "what if".
I should also mention that this mod does not modify the core game rules in any way, all it does is improve on the graphics and add more diversity to each civilisation.
First make sure that Beyond the Sword is patched to Version 3.13. Then delete any previous versions of Cultural Diversity that you may have on your computer. Then all you have to do is extract Cultural Diversity v1.0 from the archive (unpack with WinRAR or 7-zip: http://www.7-zip.org) and place the extracted folder "Cultural Diversity Mod" in your BTS "Mod" folder.
I also recommend downloading and installing Blue Marble terrain graphics. This will be included by default in future releases of Cultural Diversity.
Version Information: 1.1
In version 1.1 of Cultural Diversity a couple of bugs have been fixed and more units have been added.
See the changelog for details.
Spoiler V1.0 Cultural Diversity Screenshots :
Also be sure to check out the Varietas Delectat thread for screenshots of the units from that mod.
This mod was based on Varietas Delectat, so thanks to avain for all his hard efforts.
Spoiler Credits from Varietas Delectat :
- Added Asian Explorer
- Added Mexican SAM Infantry
- Added Mexican Anti-tank Infantry (Credit to asioasioasio for creating the RPG weapon)
- Added Mexican Marines
- Added Mexican Infantry
- Added Mexican Cavalry
- Added Mexican Modern Great General
- Added Aztec Musketman
- Added Aztec Medieval Worker
- Fixed missing texture bug for the European Explorer (thanks avain and mamba)
- Fixed animation path for Greek Swordsman (thanks avain)
- Fixed critical error with German Settlers (thanks avain)
- Removed some art files that were unneccesary
- Added Mesoamerican Great Prophet
- Added Asian Great Prophet
- Added African Great Artist [may change later]
- Added Mesoamerican Great Artist [may change later]
- Added French Modern Great General
- Added German Modern Great General
- Added English Medieval Great General
- Added French Medieval Great General
- Added German Medieval Great General
- Added Italian Medieval Great General
- Added African Great General
- Added Roman Great General
- Added Arabian Great General
- Added Mayan Great General
- Added Incan Great General
- Added Aztec Great General
- Added Incan Pikemen
- Added Mayan Footmen
- Added German Footmen
- Added European Explorers
- Added Greek Swordsmen
- Added Mesoamerican Warriors
- Added Native American Warriors
- Added Arabian Warriors
- Added Turkish Warriors
- Added African Warriors
- Added Celtic Warriors
- Added Slavic Warriors
- Added Hellenistic Warriors
- Added Germanic Warriors
- Added Incan Workers
- Added Germanic Settlers
- Renamed Phalanx to Hoplite
- Renamed Praetorian to Legionnaire
- Renamed Heavy Footman (Originally Maceman) to Footman
- Based on Varietas Delectat v3.3
Spoiler Changelog from Varietas Delectat :
Hope you enjoy the mod.
Please report any bugs in this thread.