[BTS] Cultural Diversity Mod

CD 2.1 should be released within the next 24 hours... I remember 13 August being the release date (though he was obscure about what year).

Celsius is often a disturbing high amount in ozzieland. :(
In which part did Chuggi live again?

CD 2.1 should be released within the next 24 hours... I remember 13 August being the release date (though he was obscure about what year).

Did he name a date? I thought he just said 'this week'.

Chuggi, if you fail to release this week, post the units and go on making them instead of continuing the dreaded xml editing :D

Mamba... he definitely mentioned 13 August... though once again he shirked mentioning the year.

Thanks. Oh, and I promised avain that I would get the next version uploaded around the 13th of August. :p

Hey, Chugg', I've been thinking ... if you have so much trouble with the xml, and it also makes you feel bad, why don't you seek help? I mean, there's a lot of guys here who can do xml and some would certainly help you out; but there's only so much talented artists such as yourself, I mean I'm always a bit sad when I hear you struggle with XML while you could be doing your brilliant units, just look at the meso ship line you made, that could've shipped with the game, it has so much creativity - this is your niche, this is the area where you're unbeatable.

And I fully know and understand why you're still trying to make XML despite all of these annoyances - You want to make YOUR vision come true. And that's more than justified - just seek help with the xml and stick with making graphics!!!

Thanks for everything you've done so far, I must say that I'm always amazed by the quality of your work! - [avan out;)]

Hey, Chugg', I've been thinking ... if you have so much trouble with the xml, and it also makes you feel bad, why don't you seek help? I mean, there's a lot of guys here who can do xml and some would certainly help you out; but there's only so much talented artists such as yourself, I mean I'm always a bit sad when I hear you struggle with XML while you could be doing your brilliant units, just look at the meso ship line you made, that could've shipped with the game, it has so much creativity - this is your niche, this is the area where you're unbeatable.

And I fully know and understand why you're still trying to make XML despite all of these annoyances - You want to make YOUR vision come true. And that's more than justified - just seek help with the xml and stick with making graphics!!!

Thanks for everything you've done so far, I must say that I'm always amazed by the quality of your work! - [avan out;)]

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Trust me, I've been thinking about this as well. At the moment I think my mod is ok, and probably "uploadable". I've played a few test games without any crashes.

If I outsourced the mod I would probably trust you, Geo, or Mamba with it. But you guys should all be busy with your own mods. ;) I mean I would be in an asylum before I offered to code for someone. :crazyeye: But that may just be me. :lol:

Anyway, there are a few things that still need to be coded, mostly units made by other artists (I wasn't aware of just how annoying it is when artists don't include the XML they used for the unit :lol: ... I'm going to do that for all of my standalone units from now on.)

So, I'm going to leave some units out for this version. That way I only have to do a small amount of coding (for now) and I can try to get it ready for uploading this weekend. However, outsourcing is probably the only way for this mod to continue at a reasonable pace in the future.

EDIT : One other thing, keeping the changelog updated is almost as painful as fixing the XML. I would happily outsource that part later on, as well. :lol:

Trust me, I've been thinking about this as well. At the moment I think my mod is ok, and probably "uploadable". I've played a few test games without any crashes.

are you doing SDK / Python changes ? otherwise simply placing the unit in worldbuilder should be enough to verify that you added it correctly

Anyway, there are a few things that still need to be coded, mostly units made by other artists (I wasn't aware of just how annoying it is when artists don't include the XML they used for the unit :lol: ... I'm going to do that for all of my standalone units from now on.)

Take a look at avain's or my mod, chances are the units you are searching xml for are included in one of them ;)

One other thing, keeping the changelog updated is almost as painful as fixing the XML. I would happily outsource that part later on, as well. :lol:

Hehe, I never made a complete changelog, I mention the most important changes but having a full log is just too much to ask :)

So, I'm going to leave some units out for this version. That way I only have to do a small amount of coding (for now) and I can try to get it ready for uploading this weekend. However, outsourcing is probably the only way for this mod to continue at a reasonable pace in the future.

:dance:
In other news, I have no progress to report on the era unit stuff. :(
(so I'm forced to tinker some more with the EC-core :mischief:)

are you doing SDK / Python changes ? otherwise simply placing the unit in worldbuilder should be enough to verify that you added it correctly

Nope, just XML. But sometimes it only crashes in the city view (in the case of a bad button definition) or it may not work in the civlopedia. But there were no crashes, unless I missed checking something.

Take a look at avain's or my mod, chances are the units you are searching xml for are included in one of them ;)

Good idea, maybe it would be better to just "borrow" your XML files, cos I only have a limited amount I can download each month, and your mods are getting rather large. ;)

Hehe, I never made a complete changelog, I mention the most important changes but having a full log is just too much to ask :)

I like to be organised. ;)
:dance:
In other news, I have no progress to report on the era unit stuff. :(
(so I'm forced to tinker some more with the EC-core :mischief:)

That's ok, no rush Geo. :p

EDIT: Oh and I've been going through all the units in WB, and I have overlooked a massive amount of "what-if" units from VD. So for the next release I am going to focus on replacing those, as the focus of CDM is supposed to be an alternative to flavour mods that add "what if " units. I never realised quite how many there were. :lol:

If I don't get it uploaded on the weekend, I'll take mamba's advice and just upload lots of unit packs.

As in Australia the weekend should be over by now, I looked around for your unit packs.

Apparently you are starting to release them now, just stumbled across your modern spies. Thanks, and I am looking forward to the other ones :D

I just wanted to know if the Romans in this just become Italians later on, or if they were imagined out to continue to be Romans? Because the current Italians aren't really the same thing as Romans.

I am going to check it out, but I like to play as Rome but not necessarily Italy.

Top Bottom