[BTS] Cultural Diversity Mod

I released 9 units (almost 30 if you count variations) only 2 days ago.
Yeah, but don't you have something like 900 units in your pack? Just zip-up the whole thing! :p

i don't understand, how the flag system will be? And i have another question, how can i download unit pack, if by example i download an egyptian musketeer, will this units replaces the units only in vanilla version? Or is this unit will be install in all mods?

are there any news on the new CDM 2. I was really hoping to see it since its such a great addition to the game. :)

Not yet, I'm taking a break from CDM for a while. :(
How 'bout just uploading whatever you got... don't do anything fancy... no pics, no fancy threads, just zip-it-up and upload it... the modders around here can dig and figure-out the rest. :please:

But then I would be responsible for uploading inferior units. :( A lot of them are half finished, have bugs, etc. I would rather fix it all up and upload it as a playable mod.

if you are close to releasing a playable mod I could way, but if you are putting off CDM then I would rather see a bunch of half-finished, inferior units with a disclaimer along with all the superior units.

I've done a few collaboration leaderheads, CDM doesn't have to be a one-man mod :) so I'd say release the "half-finished" ones too :D

After the next version of Improved Graphics, and after I release the Hitler leaderhead I'm working on, I'm going to stop making new stuff and start fixing and polishing CDM. The trouble is, every other time I've said that I've ended up making it more cluttered and unfinished. :crazyeye: But I can do this.

How about that Geisha you previewed a while back? Could you release that?

The improved graphics modpack is great. I'll be using a bunch of it in the next version of my mod.

I know I'm going get to get some people mad at me when I say this but take your time finishing CDM. I know how it is wanting to releasing a 'perfect' version of your mod and laboring over little bugs that never seem to get fixed. It'll get done eventually and you've released tons of great units already. Thanks for all your great work!

I know I'm going get to get some people mad at me when I say this but take your time finishing CDM. I know how it is wanting to releasing a 'perfect' version of your mod and laboring over little bugs that never seem to get fixed. It'll get done eventually and you've released tons of great units already. Thanks for all your great work!

No one should ever be afraid to release perfect quality mod even if it takes whatever needed time to finish it, so i agree 100% with what you said.
So i say Thanks for all your great work.

No problem!

But I had the wrong XML uploaded before, but it's been corrected now.

If you downloaded it before this post, replace the XML with this:

Spoiler XML :
<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_SETTLER_MOD_FEMALE_ASIAN</Type>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Settler.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,2,5</Button>
<fScale>0.46</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
<NIF>Art/Units/Settler/Settler_Asian_Female.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Missionary/Taoist/TaoistMissionary.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Settler/Settler_Asian_Female.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>0.85</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
<bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>

(also make sure to adjust the filepaths to what you are using)

Chuggi seems to have been inactive for a long time...

Unless anyone knows where he is or if he's coming back it's fair to assume that the mod is either in for a very very long delay or dead.

Shot in the dark here; does anyone have any of the new units that were intended on being in 2.1? I saw some of them and I think they look cool but Chuggi never posted them. Thanks in advance.

Okay, since nobody answered my general question does anyone know specifically if and where I can find these units? (I circled them in yellow)

Actually, Chuggi sent out his units to a few modders before he vanished, so yes, they are out there.

I tried to upload them to filefront without any luck when you posted first and then forgot to try again, this post reminded me I still had to upload them :)

You can find them here

He also included some text in the mail, which I copy here

Spoiler :
I have collected a bunch of units from my CDM folder which I think are finished (or near enough). XML included.

These are just for modmakers to put in their mods, no screenshots sorry, check them out in nifskope or in game.

Use the animations included, they have been modified slightly to fix some bugs. Also use the folder structure, the animations only work with the original nifs in with them for some reason.

Any problems with the download, let me know!

>>> Download <<<

Units (all include variations, except tanks) :

Leopard2A5 by Snafusmith

These are just alternative textures for different nations.

-German
-Spanish
-Greek

Archers

-Celtic
-Germanic
-Greek
-Inca
-Indian
-Meso
-Nordic
-Roman
-Slavic
-Spanish

Swordsmen

-French
-German
-Greek
-Indian
-Russian

Horsemen

-Celtic
-German
-Russian

(Gaul/French can probably also be made by mixing textures etc. between the Celtic and Germanic)

Axemen

-Celtic
-French
-Germanic
-Slavic

The other ones I'm not so happy with - may need texture or modelling work to improve them.

With some of the scouts you need to use the warlords chinese archer animations (don't think I included them) and you need to change the fidget (with the bow, that my scouts aren't equipped with) and change it to the idle. In the XML they are already programmed to use their knives instead of the bow.

The XML is included with the other pack.

It includes all of my workers, scouts and the english longbowman I made - it may not be completely realistic, I based it off the archers that appear in Braveheart but, you can retexture it to remove the Kings Arms if you like.

In case I deleted the animations (I believe I did, at least for some), it was because they actually were identical to the vanilla ones.

Top Bottom