BtS Difficulty Levels: Players' Impressions?

I find the AI easier for my way of playing now in BTS. I haven't finished a whole game yet but I am ahead in tech, one of the largest territory, get the wonders I want, highest culture, highest score and enough espionage points for me to do the spy things I want. I am after on the army but I am almost allways that until I i decide to attack a civ.
I have almost got to scientific method on a normal game, Moarch difficulty. In warlords I would by now be behind on all the above thing (not culture), to later catch up. Right now it seems that I have to go up a difficulty or two to get the same challenge that I got on monarch in warlords. But I haven't got myself in any big war yet. And I can agree with that the AI is less aggresive towards you, and it seems that they don't single out you as a human as much, and they don't tend to attack through another AI:s territory just to get to you.

I find the AI easier for my way of playing now in BTS. I haven't finished a whole game yet but I am ahead in tech, one of the largest territory, get the wonders I want, highest culture, highest score and enough espionage points for me to do the spy things I want. I am after on the army but I am almost allways that until I i decide to attack a civ.
I have almost got to scientific method on a normal game, Moarch difficulty. In warlords I would by now be behind on all the above thing (not culture), to later catch up. Right now it seems that I have to go up a difficulty or two to get the same challenge that I got on monarch in warlords. But I haven't got myself in any big war yet. And I can agree with that the AI is less aggresive towards you, and it seems that they don't single out you as a human as much, and they don't tend to attack through another AI:s territory just to get to you.

This makes a lot of sense. Blake stated that has big concern was that the ais were like "pinatas stuffed full of goodies ready to be burst open" (ok my quote but thats what he meant). If the ais play with a decent level of paranoia, expecting this strategy then of course they will suffer tech wise.

We may have found a problem already. I trust the testers views as much as I trust the Pittsburgh Gopher at predicting the weather, as they were mostly MP players.

Top Bottom