[BtS] Diplomacy text: ActualQuotes for BtS

That's the one I kept from the old batch. I think it's rather cool.

If it bothers you, you can close your eyes when it pops up. Statistically, that would not even be once per game... :)

Gonna download this. The Ragnar quotes sound cool! What's not to like about a bit of rhyming?

Haha! Finally finished it (told you I'd do it)! Here's a large list of actual quotes by Peter the Great of Russia. If you have any questions about context, just send me a PM. The source is from the definitive biography on Peter, PETER THE GREAT by Robert K. Massie, first published in 1980.

Attachments

• PeterTheGreatQuotes.rar
    13.2 KB · Views: 171
Wow. That was only nine months ago. I guess you're not a fast reader! :D

Now, I'm not sure if there will be any more versions of the mod, but if there is these will definitely come in handy. Thanks!

Edit: That's a lot of work you've put in.

Wow. That was only nine months ago. I guess you're not a fast reader! :D
It was more an issue of it being a very long book, a lot of stuff to go through again when searching for quotes, and real life causing it to take a back seat.

Now, I'm not sure if there will be any more versions of the mod, but if there is these will definitely come in handy. Thanks!
I certainly hope you release a new version. You could also add stuff for some of the more popular custom leaderheads floating around in a modular format within the mod. I realize that CIV4DiplomacyInfos isn't modular-friendly, but you could include a text file that details what lines need to be added to the CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml and where to get it to work with a particular leaderhead. Leaders like Hitler, Hirohito, Ho Chi Mihn, Franz Joseph I, Kim Jong-Il, Trudeau, Fidel Castro, and Selassie I are certainly personalities that deserve custom dialog.

If you mean the unofficial patch, then I don't know. But I'm 90 per cent certain it does work, as it's very unlikely the files involved have been touched by an AI patch.

Give it a try and if you feel like it, come back here and let people know if it worked. :thumbsup:

I got it to work with BUG 4.2 but not BUG 4.4.
I liked the quotes. Question how hard is it to change the words to declare war aka change your head would look good on a pole to something else.

I got it to work with BUG 4.2 but not BUG 4.4.
I liked the quotes. Question how hard is it to change the words to declare war aka change your head would look good on a pole to something else.

Odd, BUG 4.4 should not affect this from my perspective, never tried though.

In any case, changing one sentence is just that, changing a sentence in an xml file to another sentence. In this case the one with tag USER_DIPLO_WAR_1 in CIV4DiplomacyText.xml in Civ4 (vanilla, not BtS) Assets\XML\Text\CIV4DiplomacyText.xml.

This goes in the xml folder of CustomAssets as its own folder right? It doesnt go in any pre existing folders right? so its C:Users/Me/MyDocuments/MyGames/BeyondtheSword/CustomAssests/xm/ActaulQuotesBtSv420?

You unzip it into \Cutsom Assets\XML yes. The mod consists of various files which will end up in their respective sub folders when you unzip it.

I've never really messed with Civ 4. I.e I only download the patches.

I should do though, I've had the game since release.

Just a question though, can I download this and still continue with my save and the quotes will be there?

I don't know much about modding, I just play the games.

That is how it's spelt in real English :)

civilization and civilize is perfectly good English in "real English". :D

But then we have the problem with words like .......

- surprise, surmise, demise, comprise, improvise, televise, advertise.

should they be spelt "ize" too?

It's NOT American. Only when it's spelt wrong is it American, like advertize, and improvize, and surprize.

The British just tend to use "ise" more because it follows a pattern. And so did Australia and the other commonwealth nations. It's just easier.

How cool, finally some unique quotes... I'll definitely use it! :)

I wasn't aware of this thread :)

Months ago I translated the quotes as part of a BAT translation to Spanish. I'm attaching the translation here for anyone interested on it.

Attachments

• ActualQuotes BtS v420 Spanish Translation.rar
    117.1 KB · Views: 120
Top Bottom