BTS Earth Map 2 (18 civs all start in old world)

AU_Armageddon

Cenobyte
Was getting some lag towards mid game with my other BTS Earth Map so made an alternate one with 18 civs all starting in the old world instead (Europe/Asia/Africa).

Civs are:
England (Churchhill)
Dutch (Willem van Oranje)
Portugal (Joao)
Rome (Augustus)
Ottoman (Suleiman)
Russia (Stalin)
Babylon (Hammurabi)
Egypt (Ramesses)
Mali (Mansu Mansu)
Ethiopia (Zara Yaqob)
Zulu (Shaka)
Khmer (Suryavarman)
India (Ghandi)
Persia (Darius)
China (Qin Shi Hung)
Japan (Tokugawa)
Mongol (Ghengis Khan)
Korea (Wang Kwon)

In this version, all 18 civs are located in their historic capitals.
Enjoy :)

(EDIT: As per my other one, this is just a modified version of the huge Earth map that came with the game. The terrain is essentially unchanged. To install, simply unzip the save into your documents/saves/worldbuildersaves folder. Then start civ and choose scenario and select the map.)

EDIT: Max turns setting was limiting Epic & Marathon Games. Fixed in the new file attached: Pretty's Earth (Old World).

Attachments

• PrettyEarth2.zip
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,837
  • Pretty's Earth (Old World).zip
    44.7 KB · Views: 2,153
Ack. Something's happened with Time victories from Warlords to BTS. If you want a long game be sure to disable Time Victory as it's tallied at 1550AD instead now :(
You could modify it if you want I'm sure, but I'm not gonna bother as it's no biggie to just play with Time Victory off (very dull way to win anyway).

Good job :) but I have a question :

Is it possible to modify the default civilizations, and their number on your map ? Or choose the number of civilizations at the starting of the game ?

May be it's possible for you to make the same map without default civilizations but with the choice of civilizations, their number for each game ...

I have a request, can you make a map where all the civs are playable. But also, able to be selected or deselected? So that people can choose the number of civs on the map, as well as the civs that will be played against? I like to play epic games with as many civs as possible?

Good job :) but I have a question :

Is it possible to modify the default civilizations, and their number on your map ? Or choose the number of civilizations at the starting of the game ?

May be it's possible for you to make the same map without default civilizations but with the choice of civilizations, their number for each game ...
I am definately no expert so happy to be corrected, but by my understanding it is not possible with this game's editor to have both fixed starting positions AND allow a choice from any civilizations. So if you allow full choice, then civs will start randomly placed (i.e. Japan might start in Africa and France in Australia).

Actually that answers E.Boy's post as well. If it could be done with Earth (select/deselect the civs to appear AND have fixed starting positions) I'd be keen to play it myself!

Can you release a map where we can have the option of chooses 2-all 34 civs? And then we can edit their starting locations in World Editor?

Max turns setting was limiting Epic & Marathon Games. Fixed in the new file attached: Pretty's Earth (Old World).

This sounds like the perfect scenario for me, thank you... I've been longing for the new BTS leaders on an Earth map. I'm off to play a prince/marathon game as Winston Churchill.

BTW, Winston's default name here is "PrettyHateMachine"... you might want to change that. ;) All other world leaders are named correctly.

PrettyHateMachine must be fixed.
what are the difference between those two maps???

when trying to play multiplayer, both maps returns msg "Unable to find chosen Map script file." on launch, and i can't play

RE: PrettyHateMachine

Didn't name her deliberately, it's my username and happens by default with player 1. Rush jobs so overlooked.

1) Right click the world builder save and choose "open with...".
2) Choose Notepad
3) Scroll down. First you will see all 18 players starting techs and initialisation (about 5 lines per player). Scroll past it and then you will see details initiailaised for all players. Player 0 you will see "PrettyHateMachine". Replace it with "Boudica", save it, and you're good to go.

PrettyHateMachine must be fixed.
what are the difference between those two maps???

when trying to play multiplayer, both maps returns msg "Unable to find chosen Map script file." on launch, and i can't play
ONLY difference between the the 2 maps is as stated in my first post. Specifically, that the 2nd one allows for Epic and Marathon length games (which doesn't affect that many people).

RE multiplayer... er you should be able to launch fine. I've had no probs and have seen my maps up regularly on gamespy. Try putting a copy in Public Maps folder.

Incidentally, my earth/europe maps were just rush jobs just so we'd all have the option to play BTS civs on them till more professionally minded people made BTS equivelents. They do the job but three weeks in now, I'd expect better variants to be available.

how can you not have have france, germany, spain, etc?

what is where they should be?

There are no instruction where to put this in the game files. Can someone please elaborate? thanks :)

Top Bottom