• Um....

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheSASMan

Chieftain
Here it is folks a huge earth map with 18 civs:

160x100

All plots updated to reflect real-world resource locations, particuarly general and luxury resources. Food should be balanced and accurate for the location.

North America is balanced with 5 civs, while Africa only has one. Europe and Middle-East are pretty full. England is larger than scale to fit nicely into Europe.

All players start in approximately the correct locations.

Churchill
Hammurabi
Justinian
Van Orenje
Zara Yaqob
Charlemagne
Suryavarman
Pacal II
Sitting Bull
Lincoln
Joao
Gilgamesh
De Gaulle
Pericles
Montezuma
Huayna Capac
Genghis Khan
Asoka

South America and Africa are good places for colonies and gold/silver. I spent a lot of time trying to accurately model the Andes, Rocky Mountains, and Tibetan Mountain Ranges. Furthermore, I researched all rivers and think I have given you a better river system than most maps.

I was a bit short on oasis, but they got oil and luxuries instead. There are a lot of flood basins for those with plaints/desert and a river bed. The middle east is a lush and desert place, as in real life.

After placing all the resources in the right places I realized how difficult it will be for some nations, so I gave a little iron and copper here and there. Oil beds are not in the expected locations, I really researched this. If I felt an oil bed was too too accessible on land I moved it into the adjacent sea. Plus I gave a few "goody" oil beds in very far off locations.

Greenland is now a stragetic location, and I added South Georgia Island because no one ever thinks about it (I guess I should have added whales!).

I couldn't decide where to put some food resources like pig and cow in North and South America, so I emphasized traditonal goods like corn and wheat. But, you will find a bit of swine here and there.

Another couple of points: deserts are pretty much that. The river system in the mongolian desert is almost non-existant, except the main river through China/Korea. I have added deserts where they apply, even in lush Africa. Southern California should notice the Sonora now.

I didn't realize how much gold and silver was in the world, so I had to taper that back a bit. I hope it is still balanced. I also considered the wine industry. New World wines exist where they should.

Aluminium and Uranium are very strict in their placement. I did not splurge on these at all. Make sure you know who has it, and if they have enough to trade, or perhaps you should attack them. If you can't do that, blow up the mine...hahahaha!

In the late game, be sure you know where the Uranium is.

Please submit comments. I will update the map if I receive good feedback.

Attachments

• The SAS Man's Planet Earth.zip
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,096
Cool, first to post !

I looked at your map and here are a few comments :

1) I think Eurasia (i.e. mainly russia) is pretty empty, while Europe looks a little bit tiny for those imperialistic European powers.

2) Poor Mayan : how can they survive tight between Psycho Monty & Incans ?

3) Africa is pretty empty too.

4) Where's Japan ??

In conclusion, maybe you wanted to set a game of colonization.

This would not be the way I would like to play your map so one technical question for everybody (I am not used to modifiy anything in CIV)
How do you, from a WBS file, add / remove some civs and change the leader (I want Elisabeth & not churchill for instance). It seems it is blocked.

Thanks and once again good job

Top Bottom