[BtS][Graphic Mod] Ethnic Artstyles

It looks amazing. Especially the Egypt artset. (I've dug it all out and looked at it all).

The only problem I see is with the middle east. I am not sure what version I downloaded and am looking at, or if it's a mistake on my end, but it seems for the Middle East cityset- an_middle_east.nif- that the textures are missing when I open it up in nifskope. I haven't yet checked that in-game (need to wait a day), though I imagine they would be missing there too.

I don't see either med_eu_shadow.dds or oriental-cities.dds in the folder.

Kevin

No worries. The an_middle_east.nif file isn't used anymore. Guess I forgot to remove it. The Middle Eastern civs use the (brownish) buildings of the an_Egyptian cityset for the earlier era's. And from the Renaissance onwards another file.
Also, there was no need to include the shadow file in the mod since the game automatically links to files of the game's folders itself first before looking at mod files.

The new mesoamerican palace would be nice as a medival one. So each era of the "South American"/Mesoamerican group had its own palace to go with it

Ancient: Current palace
Classical: Current Palace
Medival: New Mesopalace
Ren: Current Palace

I'd love to. I downloaded all those graphics. Just have to get my lazy butt started on it.
I tell ya, not easy when you come home exhausted from your job. :(

Alritey, thanks, I'll use what I have available to me :) It's a pity though, that cityset looks good

Kevin

Alritey, thanks, I'll use what I have available to me :) It's a pity though, that cityset looks good

Yeah I know. It's only that the textures don't match the set. ;) (IMO)
You can always download it separatedly if you wish. It's available in the download section.

I have noticed that on occasion (or always?) that Fighters are mislabeled as Airships. In other words, the messages says "Your Airships did so and so" but the unit is really a Fighter.

This happened with Willem for me and with another CIV (I forget which) so I think this is a small bug.

Thank you.

I would be surprised if this came from my work, since Ethnic Artstyles covers ethnic citysets, not units. Perhaps this came over from the EDU part.
In any case, could you elaborate on the circumstances fighters were labeled as airships? Events? City patrol?

Geomodder, your mod idea has just landing in TAM :)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=266019

I used lots of EA arts and made some DDS reskin to reduce red/green color on european roofs and dark blu on eastern buildings.
XMLs were completely rewrote because of era differences between TAM and BTS. I reduced 3x1 and 1x3 building scale to show more building varietas.

Thanks for the recognition. ;)
Couldn't see it yet though since the image doesn't show. Not even when I paste the url in another browser window.
About that scale reduction of 3x1 and 1x3 buildings, does that help to show more buildings in the city? If so that would be new to me...

About that scale reduction of 3x1 and 1x3 buildings, does that help to show more buildings in the city? If so that would be new to me...

I noticed 3x1 and 1x3 buildings show rarely or nothing at all.
So I declared such buildings into 2x1 leaf reducing their scale. It also helped to add more building types because I had to split a single BTS era into 2 TAM eras.

Try to download jpg using right click + "save file as..."

Civ4 mods definitely need more cityset.
Civforum building artists, please, collect my cry and create new building set! :cry:

Managed to see it now. It looks good. Interesting choices your team made, ambrox62. :)

I am trying to download the Ethnic Artstyles 1.09....It says file not found when I click the download link.

Small wonder. I uploaded this version after July 23th so it would have fallen victim of that hacker last weekend.

Try it on this page here.

I noticed you reference an ARTSTYLE_MESO_AMERICA in CIV4CityLSystem.xml, which triggers a Failed Assert, because it's not in Globaltypes.xml

Could you tell me which way to fix it? Does the art for that artstyle exist and do I need to add it to Globaltypes.xml or do I have to remove it from CIV4CityLSystem.xml?

Edit: looks like I'm using an old version, it is corrected in the latest version...

Top Bottom