[BtS][Graphic Mod] Ethnic Artstyles

Just one last thingy:
did you create your Modules folder under [civ4BtSdir]/Mods/Ethnic Artstyles/Assets ?

No, I created the Modules folder in the BtS root folder under Assets. :blush:

Oh wait, where do I have to create the module folder now? I have downloaded this BtS Switzerland mod and it does has its module folder in the mod folder itself?

Well, what I did was create
[civ4BtSdir]/Mods/Ethnic Artstyles/Assets/Modules/Ethnic Artstyles

This way when I'm integrating your mod into mine:), I have a
[civ4BtSdir]/Mods/mymod/Assets/Modules/Ethnic Artstyles and a
[civ4BtSdir]/Mods/mymod/Assets/Modules/mymod ...

I got it to work now.
It seems GlobalTypes can't be put in Modules also. Things worked like a charm once I put this file back in its proper place.

Thanks for the help, avain. :)
You can test this by starting a game with ie the native americans. If you don't see teepee's instead of longhouses in the ancient era you got a problem.

Hey, glad I could help!

BTW, I have EA_GlobalTypes.xml with CIV4GlobalTypesSchema.xml in Modules folder:)

Yes, but perhaps the new artstyles don't work? Do you see teepee's instead of longhouses when starting a game as the Native Americans? And their palace should be a bigger teepee.

Yeah, I saw that too when I checked this list. Misreaded it first with GlobalDefines.
I wonder if perhaps he simply renamed the file and put it in his Modules folder, as where I did delete every entry I didn't alter for the mod. (except for the fileheader of course)

Okay, thanks for the confirmation. That's thus 3 files which can't be moduled from my part of the mod. Luckily they're so essential a modder is forced to put them in anyway.

Sorry the Building art styles cant be modular, its just not read by the SDK at all, I believe the .exe parses it and passes it directly to the graphics engine. Audio files suffer the same problem.

Hey, I tested all the art styles thoroughly to make sure everything is working properly before I merge it with my mod.. I must say, it looks terrific - both the units and the cities.
However, I found one bug. Take a look at Egypt's classic age city graphics. It seems pretty.... empty. Any ideas?

Screenshot

Hey, I tested all the art styles thoroughly to make sure everything is working properly before I merge it with my mod.. I must say, it looks terrific - both the units and the cities.
However, I found one bug. Take a look at Egypt's classic age city graphics. It seems pretty.... empty. Any ideas?

Screenshot

Wow, thats really weird. Not sure whats wrong , I don't know my way around the citylsystem xml.:crazyeye:

Screenshot

I had the same for Egypt when I tested the artstyles in Worldbuilder. However, when I increased the popsize or put a building in it citybuildings appeared again.
Have you tried the same? And was this screenshot from in Worldbuilder or the normal game?

If the latter, I have to double-check the Egyptian xml again, but my previous check didn't find calamities... :confused:

I just tried this out myself, wow, I love it.
Thanks so much.

:hatsoff:

For those in need of it, I've put the parts of my mod I could in module format (big thanks to avain for his crashhelp on modulizing ;) ). More info on the first post.

Thanks. But what can I do more atm eh? ;)
Etnic National Wonders? Ethnic navies? It all depends on what other people are including. No sense in doing the same work twice.

Top Bottom