[BtS][Graphic Mod] Ethnic Artstyles

GeoModder

Deity
Ethnic Artstyles - vs. 1.09

Well, here is then the eagerly awaited ethnic citystyle mod ported from Warlords by yours truly. ;)
Some other shiny stuff is added, like Rabbit White's&team EDU-mod, Sepamu92's fishingboat component, Chugginator's worker units and a few modernized graphics for buildings in the Industrial/Modern era assembled in the forum and created by various artists. Check them out in the readme please. A more detailed explanation on how and what in this mod is also in the readme.

Something tells me I better keep this intro short, and give it to you. So let me without any more delay show you the download link. :king:

Latest development!
Once more fixed some bugs. The Arabians have a proper chariot unit now instead of a red blob, and I included a building made by Woodelf to depict the Spycenter in the older ages. From the Industrial era onwards the Scotland Yard graphic will be used again.
The mod is now on version 1.09.

Attachments

• Indian Renaissance.JPG
    Indian Renaissance.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 5,907
  • Khmer Ancient.JPG
    Khmer Ancient.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 4,758
I've played around with this a bit now, and it really adds a whole new level of immersion to the game. Some of those new city graphics are just drop dead gorgeous. Thank you for taking the time to put this together, and kudos to all the talented people who have contributed!

I'd suggest you add more pictures in the main post however. If you like, I can make a spiffy picture showcasing all the new city styles.

Well, it doesn't showcase everything, but it has the core package: ethnic buildings and some units. These pictures are mostly from the Classical Age, which is the nicest IMO.

I'd suggest you add more pictures in the main post however. If you like, I can make a spiffy picture showcasing all the new city styles.

Nice picture there, Aeven. Thanks.
Thing is, I have the habbit of only showcasing the latest addition(s) in every new version. Previous versions already showed the then implemented art and most of the downloaders were already aware of those, so didn't see a point in hightlighting "older" work again... and my attachment space has limits too. ;)

Nice work Geo. Back to the Moon with you now!

ayeaye, sir! :spear:

This looks very good. Gives you some idea of a `what if` other Nations than the West became highly industrialised and powerful with their own idea of how things should look, rather than just copying the standard Western view.

I have to complement you on the Ren era palace for the Mesoamericans Geo, its wonderful. The one I posted in the PM could be for the middle ages, but the one you have in the Ren era(can't spell the full word) works perfectly.

Still have to ask some modellers, if Woodelf doesn't eat all my time. :shifty:

This looks very good. Gives you some idea of a `what if` other Nations than the West became highly industrialised and powerful with their own idea of how things should look, rather than just copying the standard Western view.

Yeah, where possible I deliberately didn't want to use the normal industrial cityset for this very reason.
The extension of this idea of course is ethnic city facilities and ethnic national wonders.
Wonder how much support such a version would get. The Warlords version didn't really go off I believe.

Top Bottom