BTS Graphics Glitches under VISTA

AxsMan

Chieftain
Hey all, just installed BTS on a Dell Quad processor box running Vista. Also running a BenQ 1920 X 1200 display so everything looks great!

Now the game plays fine, have completed a few games now but there are a couple of weird graphics things going on so I thought I'd ask if anyone else has seen them.

BTW I am running the unofficial BTS 3.1.3 patch, and have fixed the DX problems I first encountered using the advice from here - So Thanks! :)

Ok the first issue is that in the 'statistics graph' that shows how well you are doing, only about 4 civs appear. It just doesn't show data for the others (8 in total in my last game). this is strange but not too much of a problem.

The second issue is that about the time that the game enters the renaissance era, a bunch of red 'blobs' appear scattered about the map. They look a bit like igloo shaped botches about half the size of a tile. There are present in close up or zoomed out view, and obscure some of the terrain detail. I guess there is a bout 1 blob for every 30 ish tiles, randomly scattered round the map. Saving, res-starting and re-loading, does not get rid of them -anyone else seen these?

Thanks in advance. This is a great forum I spend WAAAYY too much time here when I should be working :blush: :lol:

the first works as designed - you only see demographics for your opponents if you have used more espionage against them than they have against you.
the second does not work as designed ;) Do you have updated your graphics driver?

Doh! of course you are right. I forgot about espionage! (noob :blush: ).

(although the list on the bottom right does show everyone's 'score' even when you don't have any espionage, which is my excuse for being dumb and I'm sticking with it :) )

I believe I have the latest drivers for my nvidia 8600, but will check and confirm.

Top Bottom