1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BtS - Holy Mountain Quest

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by TM Moot, Mar 4, 2008.

1. TM Moot

TM Moot King

Has any one successfully completed the Holy Mountain quest?

To gaurantee having all mountains within my cultural boundaries I need to settle a few duff cities, which will bomb my struggling economy, and I'm approaching the Industrial Age cut off.

Anyone know what the reward is?

2. PibbZ

PibbZ Paladin

+1 :) in all cities for eternity.

3. KaytieKat

KaytieKat King

Hi

You dont need to settle by all mountains just the specific holy mountain. If you build enough religous buildings like temples, monastaries, and cathedrials, the game will tell you which mountain it is. The reward is like plus 1 happiness in all cities so it isnt really worth going out of your way to get.

Kaytie

4. jerVL/kg

jerVL/kg Sheep Nuker

I wouldn't settle near the mountains until you know exactly which one it is -- chances are the mountain's on a crappy island somewhere far away. Or it might be close enough to claim with a culture bomb.

The reward is +1 :) in all cities -- not bad, but not great.

5. Sabretou

Sabretou Warlord

I remember this being my first quest - what was snazzy was that I was playing a Terra map and the mountain was on the New World, so I fight some of them other colonial powers to get there first. I also had to take down a couple of Barbarian cities. :p

6. stachnie

stachnie Theorist

In one of my games I had got that quest and after I met all requirements it turned out that the Holy Mountain was at a 1-tile island, far from other lands :lol:

S.

7. GIDS888

GIDS888 King

This is one of two I generally ignore - the other being The Blessed Sea.

8. TM Moot

TM Moot King

cheers for that, think i'll give it a miss though

i normally find :health: more of an issue than :)

9. TM Moot

TM Moot King

i've had that, but can't remember what was required?

i often get 'Harbourmaster'

10. IagoAlberto

IagoAlberto Warlord

Blessed sea requires you to settle on something like 8 different landmasses before the modern era, great on archipeligo, not so great otherwise. Anyone ever completed blessed sea?

11. PibbZ

PibbZ Paladin

How do you figure out where the holy mountain is by completing it?

I finished this quest the turn i got it, as it was already within my cultural borders appearantly, but i never knew what tile it was.

12. djvandrake

djvandrake Prince

I just had this and completed it. The only way to know is (what had been discussed above) to build enough religious buildings that your religion's elders can figure it out. Then the game will tell you exactly which mountain it is. It varies by difficulty, but i had to complete 22 religious buildings (on prince) and cathedrals counted as 4.

The reward is +1 :) in all cities which really helped me as I had five cities at the happiness cap.

13. one2tieyourshoe

one2tieyourshoe Warlord

I thought the blessed sea thing was the Eastern religion version of the holy mountain? :confused:

Maybe I'm screwed up... :crazyeye:

14. catfish99

catfish99 Warlord

Anyone know the definition of "settle near the mountain"? Is it the inner ring, or the BFC? Of course, my mountain is on an ice site, with no food resource nearby. If the quest just requires BFC, I can settle on a nearby hill site with a little more growth potential.

15. jameson

jameson Emperor

The mountain has to fall within your cultural borders, it doesn't matter whether that's inside the BFC or outside.

16. Perfxion

Perfxion Warlord

Only go for this, if you are trying to win by AP. Because that is the only it is worth putting temples and cathedrals in just about every city. Plus you would be mass promoting your religion worldwide anyways so it would not hurt to gain it.

If you are trying to win by ANY other method, then this is just a giant waste of time. Only put temples in cities where you need the happiness.

17. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

It's a bad idea to put special effort in to get this quest done because the returns are so low, but if you're doing an AP/Sankore/Spiral strategy or if you're just on a mass conquest spree you can easily trip it by accident.