BTS is great!

RTP

Chieftain
Hi,

This is my first post on the forums, after reading for a long time. BTS is an amazing add on to Civ 4 which was great anyway.

I'm looking forward to speaking to you guys from now on...

R

Congratulations on joining the forum!

I agree totally. Civ 4 is a great game and BTS only made it better.

BTS is one of, if not the single best expansion I have ever played honestly. Never have I purchased an expansion that added SO MUCH to the game AND to top it off gives you a ton of good mods to boot.

And welcome, btw :p

I've spent a week on BTS, doing nothing else in my free time and still I'm nowhere exploring it ... I haven't even started at the mods yet !

BTS is awesome. When I did my traditional axe rush in BTS and saw how the AI was now spamming defenders, I knew things were going to be different. And when the razed enemy city popped forth four partisan axemen, it hurt me. But I liked it. Now the AI is worth beating!

Also brilliant is the way that the developers seem to have responded to some of the wishful-thinking threads on this site over the last year. Just off the top of my head:

* We asked for a UN that had more resolutions linked to war and peace - presto, it was done!
* We said that cities with a lot of food should be able to supply cities that lacked it - and Sid's Sushi appeared!
* Someone suggested giving religions different abilities - behold the Gods of Old scenario!

And I am pretty happy to see that there are now some good reasons to not necessarily chop every tree on the planet right away.

Great work all around :)

Yeah. Loving this as well. Just got a week ago. Took a required break in an effort to get some schoolwork done.

Love the AI. It still does stupid things every now and then, but it is actually a challenge now to fight it. I typically play with aggressive opponents. I find much more satisfaction playing with opponents that are shooting to win, and will not hesitate to invade if it is likely to get them ahead. This has resulted in a number of losses as a result of several or more civilizations all attacking me at once. In one game, I think they voted with that apostolic palace to attack me, resulting in 5 or so enemies attacking me... that game ended fast.

The corporations are nice. The tech tree has been rebalanced, much for the better imo. There are many ways of successfully winning and playing the game. And the potential for improvement on play is almost endless. What a neat game...

Now about those exams...

this expension i great!!!! The AI is so much more fun to play with. You actually lose somethimes now. I had to change my strategy completely.

Great expansion, but I hate the espionage system. End of game is like whack-a-mole with all the spies running around killing my improvements.

Great expansion, but I hate the espionage system. End of game is like whack-a-mole with all the spies running around killing my improvements.

Until you:

A) find out who is doing it and weight your espionage spending more towards them, and get more espionage points in general with intelligence agencies and/or settled great spys in your Scotland Yard city

and/or

B) build some Security Bureaus

:goodjob:

I agree. I have played a little of all the Civs and was really into Civ 2 for a while, but only played Civ4 vanilla a few times before getting bored. However, BtS really makes things more interesting, with deeper gameplay farther into the timeline and all the mods, scenarios, etc being of such high quality.

Also, just have to say the civfanatics is an awesome community forum for civ players. I have learned a ton here, and it is less nasty a place to visit than other game boards I've frequented. Lots of nice folks, that are helpful. Also an amazing set of cool smilies :)

:cheers:

Same here, MrFrodo. I wasted about a year of my life on Civ II (and Civnet before that), and Civ III and vanilla Civ IV never quite got me totally addicted. BTS has though. HUGE replayability potential.

Same here, MrFrodo. I wasted about a year of my life on Civ II (and Civnet before that), and Civ III and vanilla Civ IV never quite got me totally addicted. BTS has though. HUGE replayability potential.

Yea it does have good replay value.. I recently installed the XXL large world mod, and that has made it even more so. With a map 60% larger and with 20-32 civs, war seems to be an on-going xperience. My current game has not seen ten turns of world peace the entire time. Diplomacy is unbelievable. Seems to initiate from religious sects. Currently- the hindus versus the taoists,.. lol. Non-stop action. Lots of fun

Top Bottom