[BTS] Julius Caesar of Rome

Here's the situation at pottery. Pretty grim.

The gold mine up, but it is bathed in blood as am losing troops defending outside of the cities. The good news is that the number of barbarian invaders has decreased slightly, but the bad news is that the barbarians settled near the iron and it will tough for me to capture that hill city.

I feel that I can defend my three cities and slowly progress, but the constant pillaging is a killjoy.

Haha, nice kill ratio! Hang in there - at least you have something to keep it interesting except chopping jungle and building cottages.

Spoiler :
FWIW here is where I stand in the GWall game at first contact. Qin has 25 cities to my current 21. Could have had a lot more of course - raging barbs are easy to deal with when you just have to push them into the sea with culture :lol: But I was concerned about getting some big cottage cities going for later on. Don't know if that's the best approach.

Right now I'm in the middle of a big push to quickly settle a couple more rings round the capital, say 10-20 more cities. Hopefully that will get me most of the continent before the AIs show up on galleons.

Civ4ScreenShot0045.JPG

Is he the tech leader? Who knows. He has lots more than this, at least up to scientific method as he can research biology. Fair to say I'm a long way behind at this stage.

Civ4ScreenShot0046.JPG

We captured Phoenician, securing its source of Iron. And now our first Praetorian.

We finished Writing and Agriculture. The plan is to head to Currency through Mathematics as our empire can barely pay expenses with 5 cities. There are a ton of huts out there, which we'll pop with our woodmen axemen.

Top Bottom