[Bts][ModComp]Modern Era Expansion for Varietas Delectat v5.2

Hi,

Is there any way to merge your mod with BtS "Extra" and Dale's combat mod?

I don't know about Extra, but I currently trying to integrate this with Dale's Combat mod and some other stuff. Check my Quot Capita thread (though currently Modern Era is removed, but I'm working on it).

Since the latest Extra includes VD, you should merge Extra with DCM ;)

As Extra does not come with a dll (afaik), it should be easy to merge the two.

Since the latest Extra includes VD, you should merge Extra with DCM ;).

But Extra doesn't include those new Modern Era units...

I'm playing Modern Era and I really enjoy it! Just a quick suggestion: "Modern Infantry Unit" could come also with a "Modern Marine Unit" version, basically a Str 27 version of the older one.

An other idea is to extend the life of the foot soldier units is to give them the ability to take CR promo (IMO, Para, Marine and Modern Infantry should be able to raid city).

avain,

regarding tanks did I miss something, but why are light medium and MBTs still around at the same time instead of replacing each other? is there a difference it looks like the mbt is the strongest so why build the others?

thx

I will check, but the idea is that MBTs succeed the light-medium-heavy tanks...

I'm playing Modern Era and I really enjoy it! Just a quick suggestion: "Modern Infantry Unit" could come also with a "Modern Marine Unit" version, basically a Str 27 version of the older one.

An other idea is to extend the life of the foot soldier units is to give them the ability to take CR promo (IMO, Para, Marine and Modern Infantry should be able to raid city).

Yes, there could be a modern marine unit, but most probably I'll include a commando type unit instead.

About CR promo, it's not a bad idea, I'll check if I can add the promo possibility after certain techs (I guess it should be doable)

Other suggestions: To make footsoldiers a bit more usefull, Armored Car, Command Car, Armored Fighting Vehicle could lose their terrain defensive bonus.

avain,

I just noticed that rocketry requires rifling AND one of either flight OR protyping.

So I ended up with rocketry without developing flight. Was this intentional (I know there were early rockets like in the war of 1812). should it be flight and (rifling OR prototyping)?

When u say this is for 3.3 does that mean the new 3.3mod dosent contain them? or does that mean they are part of what separates 3.3 from 3.2 and this is some kind of expansion?

This is not contained in VD 3.3. In oder to use this mod, you need VD 3.3, as it expands VD and does not work as a stand-alone mod.

would it be possible to implement an update unit for the caravel?
something with the same use (transport of special units and scouting) but with more movement.

:-D I'm going to try this mod too. I enjoy playing with the normal VD mod and I agree that the modern era could use an expansion. Looks great. Let's see if we will use steamboats/ironclads this time. In normal gameplay the step between ironclads and destroyers is very small, so I don't even get around to building ironclads (frigates don't upgrade to ironclads, but the do upgrade to destroyers) before I have the ability to use destroyers. Great work!

Other suggestions: To make footsoldiers a bit more usefull, Armored Car, Command Car, Armored Fighting Vehicle could lose their terrain defensive bonus.
Will do so in the next update.

avain,
I just noticed that rocketry requires rifling AND one of either flight OR protyping.
So I ended up with rocketry without developing flight. Was this intentional (I know there were early rockets like in the war of 1812). should it be flight and (rifling OR prototyping)?
Will check this one, thanks.

would it be possible to implement an update unit for the caravel?
something with the same use (transport of special units and scouting) but with more movement.
I will look into the possibility of a new transport unit. There might be a catch with it, though,
with what I'm thinking right now ;)

:-D I'm going to try this mod too. I enjoy playing with the normal VD mod and I agree that the modern era could use an expansion. Looks great. Let's see if we will use steamboats/ironclads this time. In normal gameplay the step between ironclads and destroyers is very small, so I don't even get around to building ironclads (frigates don't upgrade to ironclads, but the do upgrade to destroyers) before I have the ability to use destroyers. Great work!
Thanks, I hope you're enjoying the mod!

Avain will the Next War for VD still work with this?

Most probably not - or at least you will lose the new units after the update. I intended to do a modular Next War besides VD and ME, but with all the problems with modular loading I don't have the time to update Next War separately - it is and will be part of Quot Capita however.

Top Bottom