[BTS Module] California

DWOLF

Death Before Dishonor
Hello there,

In this update I've added Governor Schwarzenegger as one of the leaders for California. Since he's so popular with state employees at this moment :) ;) :lol:, I thank Ekmek for making him. I've also added some Style units & some Unique Units. Also I've added "half" support for French / German / Italian / Spanish versions of the game. Now when you load this mod on said language, you will see names & civilopedias in english instead of just being blank. On a funny addition, I gave Arnold the "Terminator 2" theme song for his diplomacy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

California for BTS 3.17

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:
July 31, 2008 - I added 14 style units & 3 Unique units. I've also added Arnold as one of the new leaders for california. Three of the leaders were removed. Warren / Standford / and Brown were taken out. Arnold was give the "Terminator 2" theme as his modern diplomacy music. Half language support was give to French / German / Italian / Spanish versions of the game. Now names & Civilopedia entries will appear instead of being blank.
Feb 11, 2008 - I've added more units & also I've added 3 new leaders, Warren / Hiram / & Vallejo. Also Muir was made into 3D so he was changed. All this thanks to Ekmek.
Dec 16, 2007 - I've added a new leader, George S. Patton. I was given the idea to add him since he was born in San Gabriel California. I've also added a new unit, The USMC corps.
Sep 10, 2007 - I added "Custom Diplomacy Text" to Muir, Stanford, & Brown so when you first encounter them, they have something to say to you, instead of their leader images just being blank.
Sep 8, 2007 -
1. Added the awesome F22 - Raptor unit.
2. Added the MCRD as a unique bulding

Sep 2, 2007 - Added two new leaders to California, Stanford & Brown
Sep 1, 2007 - [BTS Module] California was made

Leaders:
Arnold Schwarzenegger - (Financial & Industrious) new
Mariano Guadalupe Vallejo - (Charismatic & Protective)
Hiram Johnson - (Financial & Organized)
George S. Patton - (Organized & Charismatic)
John Muir - (Philosophical & Charismatic)
Earl Warren - (Philosophical & Expansive) removed
Leland Stanford - (Expansive & Financial) removed
Jerry Brown - (Philosophical & Creative) removed

Starting Techs:
The Wheel & Agriculture

Unique Units:
Flamethrower - (Paratrooper) new
M26 Pershing - (Tank) new
Modern Armor Jungle - (Modern Armor) new
B29 - (Bomber)
C130 Hercules Transport - (Air Transport)
C47 - (Air Transport)
B52 - (Bomber)
M60 - (Modern Armor)
F5 Northrop - (Jet Fighter)
F-22 Raptor - (Fighter Jet)
S.W.A.T - (Sam Infantry)

Style Units new
Knight, Rifleman, Grenadier, Marine, Gunship, Fighter, Jet Fighter, Bomber, Tank, Modern Armor Desert, Attack Submarine, Explorer , At Infantry, Modern Spy.

Unique Buildings:
MCRD - (Barracks)

Team Color:
Custom Diplomacy Text for all leaders
Custom Californian Flag / Button made by DWOLF
Gold, Inspired by a previous California mod.

How To Install:
To install, extract the folder to your mods folder.
I've already set up the folders *California/Assets/Modules/Custom Civilizations/California*, Afterwards you need to go into you BTS configuration file and change 'ModularLoading = 0' to 'ModularLoading = 1

Thanks To:
Chuggi for making the Modern Spy.
Who ever made the Rifleman skin, I couldn't find out who it was but who ever made it...thanks
NikNaks for making the American Explorer unit.
seZereth for making the Flamethrower Unit & the American grenadier.
bernie14 for making the At Infantry unit.
Ekmek for making Vallejo, Muir, Arnold & Hiram 3D LHs...thanks
nautil for making the B-17 & P47 units.
snafusmith for making the C47 / B52 / M60 / C130 / F5 / AH64 / Sherman Tank / M26 Pershing and the F4 units and letting me use them.
ArdRaeiss for making the B-29 Bomber.
dutchking for making George S. Patton...Thank You...
Grave for making the USMC corps unit.
L4zXX0r for providing the idea & pics for the two new leaders, Stanford & Brown.
The Conquests for making the awesome F-22 Raptor.
adamamri for adding the bombardment animation to the F-22 Raptor & the B-52 Bomber.

California here we come, right back where we started from... :D

--

Thanks, I added a new unit and a unique building. I'm not familiar with the Watts rioters...

Can you post a link to see what they were all about?

Nice work here.

I think the Watts rioters would make a good UU.

i think migrant farmers as a fast worker type would be much more appropriate. nothing has shaped the california economy more, except maybe some kind of silicon valley worker....

the watts riots were a riot in the late 60's in the watts section of LA. similar to the rodney king riots. and to quote the underrated movie "menace 2 society" when the riots ended, the drugs began....

no Governator? (sorry had to be said...)

nah, I don't think he's that great of a governor...unless people ask for him alot, I'll add him on the upcoming weeks.

How is your dds editing skills? I'm starting to learn my way around and was thinking that editing washington to have brown hair and a beard my make a good fremont leader head. I have no idea how to make Muir's wild beard but if you could stick one on roosevelt it might work. maybe reskinning ghandi would work for Brown :)

Barracks was a cool idea consider how much defense industry is in Cali.

When it comes to editing leader heads, all I know how to do so far is re-coloring...:blush:

But yeah I would like to make the 3 leaders from California into 3D.

When it comes to editing leader heads, all I know how to do so far is re-coloring...:blush:

But yeah I would like to make the 3 leaders from California into 3D.

I was just thinking that the roosevelt leaderhead could do for an Earl Warren leaderhead

I made my earl Warren head but used FDR but made it use Washington's background (for the US I replaced FDR with the Teddy roosevelt out there)

I also changed the MCRD to a Presidio. Here's the game text if people want. I can upload my changed xml if anyone is interested...

thanks Dwolf. I love this mod

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PRESIDIO_PEDIA</Tag>
<English>A Presidio was a type of fortress built by the Spanish in North Africa during the 16th century to protect against pirates. Presidios were located in the southern United States as well. El Presidio Reál de San Diego (or Royal Presidio of San Diego) is a historical fort that was first established on May 14, 1769 by Commandant Pedro Fages, under authority of the King of Spain. The site of the original Presidio currently lies on a hill within present-day Presidio Park, between the outlet of Mission Valley and Old Town San Diego. Presidio Park is a National Historic Landmark.

The Presidio was the first permanent European settlement on the Pacific Coast. It was also the base of operations for the Spanish colonization of California, achieved through the development of missions, presidios, and pueblos. The Presidio served as the base for exploration throughout California's interior and it remained the seat of military power in California through the Mexican period.
</English>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PRESIDIO_STRATEGY</Tag>
<English>The [COLOR_BUILDING_TEXT]Presidio[COLOR_REVERT] gives a bonus to every newly trained unit. Building these barracks on your cities to boost your units fighting power.</English>
</TEXT>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_PRESIDIO</Tag>
<English>Presidio</English>
</TEXT>

I found the red syndicate leader amazing similar to HIram Johnson, the progressive governor of California and Teddy Roosevelt's VP candidate. (minus the glasses)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiram_Johnson

So I made a 3D leaderheader and made the files match like your patton one. Just put the hiram folder in the same spot where you put patton. I hope it works!

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/20358/HiramJohnson.zip

now maybe reskinning Bernie's Marti (ghandi in a suit) could do a decent Jerry Brown....

Top Bottom