1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS Module] Nazi Germany

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by DWOLF, Sep 1, 2007.

1. DWOLF

DWOLF Death Before Dishonor

Yeah, I used Stalin's Define Leader for Hitler but I will change it this in the following update, thanks for pointing this out.

2. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

No problem... I already changed Hitler to "Police State" on my end... those naughty nazis!

Oh... and I take it the way the game is coded, you either have two arm-bands or none at all?

3. DWOLF

Yeah, if you leave the armband, it will show 2...:blush:

4. m9x

m9x Warlord

this is a sweet pack considering all the stuff it has. so many unique units and they all look accurate and good (tiger tank especially sweet).

however well it is kinda harsh when you can actually play as a real nazi germany, but w/e i won't judge anyone. and i like the ww2 wehrmacht weaponry so i like this civ to play around with.

thanks

5. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

- state property shouldnt be fav. Theocracy should
    Nice mod tho.

6. m9x

m9x Warlord

neither to be honest because state property equals communism, and theocracy would mean blasphemy since hitler was christian, which would not have gone well with hunting jews for their religion.

I would say he should favour police state and nationhood over anything else.

7. DWOLF

yeah wolfshanze suggested Police State a few posts ago...I'm been trying to make the changes & add more units but I've been busy at work.

I will have time this upcoming friday so expect that to be one of the few changes...

8. m9x

m9x Warlord

ok cool :)

9. Merum

Merum Permanent Jet Lag

This looks like a cool mod, and I downloaded it to try it out. Sadly, it doesn't appear to work with 3.13. I enabled modular loading in the ini file, and have it installed correctly I believe. The game lets me pick it from the "Load a Mod" option, but doesn't add any of the content to the game after it's loaded.

Update coming or advice on how to make it work? Thanks!

10. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Nazi Germany with Waffen SS, Hitler and his favorite Civ as Police State... all working fine with BtS v3.13... is up and running in my Wolfshanze Mod over in the mods forum...

(for what it's worth).

11. quantumbeer

quantumbeer Chieftain

Nazi Germany? Uh, no, not as an original civilization from 4000 BCE. Maybe as a WWII scenario, but not original.

The USA, although not present at 4000 BCE, is an original civilization, but still makes a good scenario with the Spirit of 1776.

12. raigainousa

raigainousa Stelthy Jet

Well, please make Hitler always with war with Russians so that it looks better.

He hates Communists.

And instead of assembly-line as a unique building, replace it instead with "concentration camp".

Oh, well, Jews would go against the creator at the end.

13. The Almighty dF

The Almighty dF Pharaoh

I love the work done on this mod, and I've been enjoying playing it... though I do have a small complaint.
    You didn't change the UB.

As mentioned earlier, a Concentration Camp UB could be nice. As a replacement for prison. Maybe have it cut down on maintenance while giving a large boost to espionage at the price of suffering a relations drop with other Civs (maybe -1 or -2)

14. Friherren

Friherren Chieftain

Great mod! I love to play nazi germany!

But one thing MUST be changed. Stuka = fighter , totally wrong! Stuka was a dive bomber, not a fighter! The standard fighter for nazi germany was the Messerschmitt Bf 109. It was the Spitfire of germany, very good fighter when operating on Schwarm/Rotte formations. While the brittish spitfire was superior in one to one combat. If encounter equally or less experienced opponent ofcourse...

Otherwise, perfect!

Concentration Camp shouldnt really replace prision. It should replace the assembly line or something that boost the hammers. In fact the majority of the concentration camps where not "gas" camps but rather labor camps. Most of the total prodution of germany where made out by russians, jews or other missfortuned people during the war. Unlike in Soviet, Hitler didnt want (german) women to work in the factories, so germany was very dependent on the cocentration camps and forced labor while the aryan men was out in the battle field and couldnt work. And the suffer realations drop is nonsenses, SS hide the extermination camps from both the own people and the enemy well until the very end.

15. e350tb

e350tb Stupendously Illogical Englishman

In a sick form of way, this is really funny to play against. Particually when Hitler knocks on the door telling you to convert to Judism...

Great Work!

16. DWOLF

Wow, I finally made the changes I wanted to make for so long, it's nothing big, just a few more units & Hitler got a favorite Civic.

Also I totally dislike the idea of having a concentration camp?
    I know it happened in history but what would be the point of having one on a game?

17. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

What the hecks the deal?? You made remarks in my MOD about not giving credits BUT here you are doing the same thing, i just forgot, WHATs your explanation!!!
    btw you are in MY credits??:p
    Concentration camps, more realistic i guess??

18. DWOLF

lol credits for what?

if you're talking about gathering the units, while I was searching for the Tiger II I actually found all the units and then some hehe... :crazyeye:

19. oddTodd

oddTodd Chieftain

Nazi UU should be the brownshirt: Replaces missionary, but when used it actually removes a religion from a city and reduces the population slightly. ;)

20. skyline5k

skyline5k Warlord

Are there any download links besides RapidShare? Keeps telling me invalid session, and apparently you can only try downloading once a day or something.

Edit: nevermind. I cleared the cache and it worked.