1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS Module] Nazi Germany

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by DWOLF, Sep 1, 2007.

1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Dude, your acting childish, you sad you would put me in the credits in a PM and thanked me, and now all you do is flame me, all you do is copy and paste most of your work, huh, wonder who else is doing that, word is all a person has, sad, very sad. But i like the Nazi civ so its the way it is, good bad, and ugly. Oh i forgot the hehe:p

2. DWOLF

DWOLF Death Before Dishonor

next time make sure you read what you type...ya know, to make people understand your point. You didn't do anything, all you did was give me a link of units I've found on my own that other people created...lol and you think they belong to you...

that's right...you like my civ cause god knows all your civs are crap...

3. WallyChamp

WallyChamp Chieftain

Your work looks awesome!!!

I just have one question from some one not some computer savy. I dodwnloaded the file. But it dosen;t seem to be compressed (well its not letting me extract anything) Its a .rar file, How do I go about extracting it.

EDIT::: Um yeah, nevermind, lets just say if i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer (i'm a spoon). Yeah the sticky at the top had all the info I needed. Disreguard this post, and NICE WORK on the civ!!!

4. Zephon

Zephon Chieftain

first of all: great work !

i tried to add the 11 teuton units u can find in this forum to the mod, but i'm quite new to modding, and the file structure in this mod confuses me a bit;
    i read some tuts on how to add new units and now im able to do so in a new empty mod;
    but i always get errors loading the xml files for the units (although they r working "standalone");
    could u plz give a short list (1. ... 2. ... 3. ...) of the key locations to change in the existing files?

5. DWOLF

stop reading my mind!!! :crazyeye:

just kidding, although how did you know I was adding those units?

Adding units it's easy once you get practice...I added custom music for Hitler on this mod so the setup is different, that's why you're getting confused...
    I've already uploaded the units but if you want to practice look at the setup I used.

This time around I created a style for the units, instead of making them special units, I created a "Germanic" style for the units.

This are the files you want to look at:

Civ4ArtDefines_Unit
    CIV4UnitClassInfos -- (If you're adding another unit of the same type...Like a Tank)
    CIV4UnitInfos

also, if you want to make the unit specific for an empire, you have to look at

CIV4CivilizationInfos

and add the unit under the specific empire you want...or else it will show up for all the empires. Hope that helps, you can look at the Nazi mod and see what I did, that way you'll get the idea better instead of me explaining it :mischief:

6. Zephon

Zephon Chieftain

nice;

not only that now i'm able to add new units i also learned how to make custom-style units for civs; :)

i guess good things come to u if u ask for em;

7. Scream

Scream Chieftain

Hi there,

I got a big problem because I got the german version of the game.
    I edited the 2 text files and changed everything [english] and [/english] into german. But now I got an error at start and everything is looking like this:

Help me plz :(

Greets

8. DWOLF

hmmm...try to leave the [english] xml tags & then add the [german] tags aswell...all you need is the xml tag that links to the names, give it a try and let me know how it went...:)

9. Scream

Scream Chieftain

Same problem.
    By the way, there are 2 units that are made for every language. I got the problem in the original mod there too. Don't know why but if i write [german] and [/german] the tag is incorrect! :(
    What should I do?

Greets

10. DWOLF

hmmm...from what I can see...you're typing [german] and [/german] ?

if so, try this <german> and </german>

11. dutchking

dutchking Deity

God knows all your civs are skinhead civs...
    :)joke:)
    :p
    Wasn't exactly the nicest thing to say was it now.

12. DWOLF

nazi we're skin heads...they all had hair...if you're talking about NEO-nazi...:scan:

North Korea
    Iran
    Iraq

those aren't...oh you get the point...:king:

13. Scream

Scream Chieftain

Sorry my mistake, I wrote <german> and </german>
    And I am now using notepad instead of editor. Now i get no errors but there changed nothing-.- Same as before and i added the german tags in

Nazi_CIV4GameText
    Units_CIV4GameText

:(

14. VirtualMark

VirtualMark Chieftain

Hi, how do i install this custom civ? I've followed the instructions but it doesn't show up when i play a game. Do i have to use a mod to get it to work?

15. DWOLF

hmmm...did you look on both config files for BTS?

make sure you change Modular loading from 0 to 1 in the germany mod.

16. VirtualMark

VirtualMark Chieftain

Germany mod? Is that another mod i should download? Sorry, i'm new to modding, all i have downloaded was the custom civ. Also you say both config files, i've only changed the config file located in my documents folder. I've definitely put the modular loading to 1 there. Where is the other config file located?

17. VirtualMark

VirtualMark Chieftain

Yes i've just checked, i put the nazi germany folder in the mods folder in bts. The config file already has modular loading set to 1 there. As i said, all i have downloaded is the custom civ, is there anything else that i need to download?

18. DWOLF

it should work...look for hitler under the "German Empire"

also no, there's nothing else you need to download. Let me know how it goes.

19. VirtualMark

VirtualMark Chieftain

Hi, no i only have frederick and bismark. I don't understand it. I'll tell you everything i've done. I downloaded the nazi germany file, extracted it. Put the nazi germany folder in to the mods folder in beyond the sword. I changed the modular loading to 1 in the config file located in my documents/my games/beyond the sword. I then checked the other config file you said about, i assume thats the one i downloaded? In the nazi germany folder. Modular loading is set to 1 there also. Is there another config file i haven't found?

20. DWOLF

I think that might be it...Although I've never tried a mod when I put them on my documents/my games/beyond the the sword

try putting the mod on

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods

that's how I have set up and it's working...