1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS Module] Nazi Germany

Discussion in 'Civ4 - New Civilizations' started by DWOLF, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Lithuanian

Lithuanian Chieftain

Hello.I got a problem . I downloaded a Lithuanian civilization 1 moth ago i think and its all working(on the normal civ4)And civilization is working

Now i downloaded a Nazi Germany civilization for the BtS.I aded Nazis folder to mods,extracted where i tried everything and not working.I go to road of war tried there to load but there is not Nazi germany only von papen.Any answers?(extracted to /mods , but not working!)

2. mboettcher

mboettcher General

A lot of good unit choices. Very fun civ overall.
    Was wondering about the logistics of adding the Fw-190, Me262, the Komet and the Leopard 2 (since they overlap with other units). They were(are) very important, revolutionary and influential but again not easy to implement.

The Panzer graphic is a panther tank. Seems redundant.

3. DWOLF

DWOLF Death Before Dishonor

If you looks closely to detail, the Panther tank is a little bit different than the Panzer...is this game at least.

4. Shekwan

Shekwan Kim Chi Quaffing Celt

I unzipped this to the BTS mods folder and changed the modular loading value to 1 but when it loads, the game is exactly the same. I downloaded the gray germany version btw. Also I created a folder for it in the mods section called "Hitler", like all the other mods that come with the game. It shows up on the mod list, loads it, but no changes are made...

What could be the problem? Need more info?

5. Konflikt

Konflikt Chieftain

ok i have put it in the folder but the only config file i can find that has even the word mod in it only says this.

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none
    Mod = 0

but when i change that to 1 i get a error that basically tells me better luck next time. so what is he talking about for

"you need to go into you BTS configuration file and change 'ModularLoading = 0' to 'ModularLoading = 1"

6. Soduka

Soduka Warlord

The directions in the .ini ile you just quoted clearly say what to do.

Therefore, SPECIFY the folder Mods\Nazi Germany or whatever the exact name of the folder is.

7. mikote2000

mikote2000 Chieftain

Hello, I am using Spanish version and I got a problem. It loads normal but Leader names and exclusive unit names are empty. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks

EDIT: I have changed <English> </English> tags for <Spanish> </Spanish>, now i have Scream's problem

8. Woody1

Woody1 Prince

I love this mod, and it seems to work fine with one odd quirk:

I'm now seeing the "Knight" unit appear twice in my unit build screens. I'm not playing the Nazis, I'm playing as Washington, but the Nazis are an AI in the game.

I can build both "types" of Knights, and they appear to be the very same unit. (They group together as one unit group, they cost the same, etc.)

This only seems to happen with the Knight unit, so far. Anyone else experience this?

9. DWOLF

Hey Woody, the reason you see two knight symbols appear is because Germany can build two type of knights...the normal knight & the Horseman which is a knight too. They both fall under the same type of unit hence the two knights option.

P.S you will also experience this with the Tank / Marine / Bomber and a few more but this won't affect your gameplay.

10. DWOLF

Ok Serpa, new changes are up!

11. Woody1

Woody1 Prince

I wasn't playing as Germany, though. I was playing as the Americans. I would not expect to be able to build any type of German unit. Is this just a side-effect of the way the two different types of German Knights are implemented in the XML files?

It doesn't seem to affect gameplay, other than add a duplicate unit to my build options. Thanks for the info.

12. DWOLF

Even though you see two knight units, they are not German. I guess you can say it's a side effect because Germany has the two different knights.

If you play as any other civ you will see two knight buttons appear but you will get the same knight (european style knight since you're playing as America.)

13. nedflanders02

nedflanders02 Chieftain

Finally, Germany without the nazi flag!

this is going to be sweet!

14. Lean

Lean Prince

Not to sound stupid, but whne I attempt to download the Grey Germany, after going through the process for a free user, it says there is an error, and I can't download it. Any suggestions?

15. DWOLF

I've uploaded new alternate Links Lean...a few other people also said they had trouble with rapidshare so there you go ;)

16. Lean

Lean Prince

Thank you. I've heard great hings about this (from freidns who own this game) and now I'll see for myself(Although I have no doubt that it'll be great) Thank you-Lean

17. DWOLF

Finally I have another update. Current Germany has been added for those of you who pm me.

18. cool3a2

cool3a2 Deity

Well, it's your mod, but I don't think von Papen is an adiquate leader of Nazi-Germany. He may have been a monarchist and an idiot, but no nazi. He even suggested to Hindenburg to use military against the NSDAP (and the reds). He only voted for Hitler as chancellor because he believed he (von Papen) could use Hitler as political puppet (this is why I called him an idiot). If you take him as nazi leader you could take Hindenburg as well...

19. GOBLES

GOBLES Warlord

I finally got around to downloading this and I must say I'm impressed. Awesome job dwolf.

20. DWOLF

From what I read about von Papen, I didn't add him for Nazi Germany, I added him for Germany but I left him on for both civs. Same goes for Hitler...I didn't remove him from Germany because a few people wanted to have him on for Current Germany. I wanted to please as many people as I could.

Thanks Gobles, I'm glad you like the new changes & additions.