[BTS Module] People's Republic of China

DWOLF

Death Before Dishonor
Hello there,

Just in time for the Olympics :), I bring you the People's Republic of China or otherwise known as China. This Civ was requested by NikNaks for his "World 2008 Mod"

I've added 23 style units & 6 unique units to complement the modern day flag & button I gave China. So far this is a "Work In Progress Civ" as I plan to add more units & Leaders. I'm using the current Chinese flag and I must say, the flag came out better than I had expected. Also I gave China the red color as their teamcolor. I've changed Japan's color to a tad bit lighter red color.

Also I've added "half" support for French / German / Italian / Spanish versions of the game. Now when you load this mod on said language, you will see names & civilopedias in english instead of just being blank.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

People's Republic of China for BTS 3.17

DOWNLOAD

Changelog:
August 20, 2008 - I've added a late diplomacy music for Mao Zedong "China's National Anthem. I also added a Modern Asian spy style unit.
July 31st, 2008 - The People's Republic of China Civ was made

Leaders:
Mao Zedong
Qin Shin Huang

Starting Techs:
Agriculture & Mining

Unique Units:
SU30 - (Jet Fighter)new
C47- (Bomber a.k.a Air Transport)new
T-55 - (Tank)new
IS2 - (Tank)new
Tupolev TB-3 - (Bomber)new
Tupolev Tu-4 - (Bomber)new

Style Units new
Archer, Longbowman, Axeman, Swordsman, Maceman, Spearman, Pikeman, Chariot, Horse Archer, Knight, War Elephant, At Infantry, Infantry, Rifleman, Cannon, Cavalry, Bomber, Fighter, Jet Fighter, Marine, Tank, Modern Armor, Galley, Trireme, Galleon, Frigate, Modern Spy.

Note:

The T55 Tank / IS2 Tank / T34 Tank / & The Dragon Trireme were given a cheap recolor by me. I added a yellow star to each tank so it would have the chinese flag symbol instead of the red star. I've recolored the Dragon Trireme to red to match the Chinese flag.

Unique Buildings:
Pavilion - (Theatre)

Team Color:
Custom Chinese Flag / Button made by DWOLF
Red to match the flag.

How To Install:
To install, extract the folder to your mods folder.
I've already set up the folders *China/Assets/Modules/Custom Civilizations/China*, Afterwards you need to go into you BTS configuration file and change 'ModularLoading = 0' to 'ModularLoading = 1

Thanks To:
Chamaedrys, GeneralMatt, Xenomorph for making the Asian Ship Project v2.0.
Chuggi for making the Modern Asian Spy, Asian Trireme & the Asian Ship Project v2.0.
The_Coyote for making the Asian Galleon & the Asian Ship Project v2.0.
bernie14 for making the Cavalry, Rifleman, Cannon, At Infantry, & Infantry Units.
snafusmith for making the IS-2 Tank / T-55 Tank/ Tupolev TB-3/ C47/ SU-7B/ Marine & The Type99 Tank.
sharick for making the T-34 Tank.
danrell for making his 11 Chinese units.
ArdRaeiss for making the Tupolev Tu-4 & The Il 28 Bomber.
nautil for making the p40 fighter.
The Conquests for making the Su-30MKM.

--

Note:

I've recolored the Dragon Trireme to red to match the Chinese flag.
Wait a minute... wait a gosh-darn minute here...

I thought you recolored the Dragon Trireme red to match the North Korean flag!?!?! I think you're trying to pull a fast one on us. :mischief:

Wolfshanze, you and your crazy conspiracies...obviously I recolored this specially for China...what makes you think otherwise? :mischief:

How about Deng Xiaoping?

that's a great idea Madman...I didn't see him or nobody that resembled him on the download data base. Unless you can point me to the right place.

BTW did you pick your name cause of Hugo Chavez? :mischief:

No... wasn't thinking of him... I'm not even Venezuelan. I'm Puerto Rican.

I was thinking more along the lines of Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Nero... too many people to count, unfortunately for the countries they led!

If they ever make one, I'll let you know.

I said Hugo Chavez because for some reason, you name reminded me of him...gas being 12 cents a gallon over in Venezuela...ARGH!!!!!

It is a shame for the countries they lead, it stains their reputation to a certain point.

You know what I say, though, you can't have a game of Civ without madmen.

Why is Qin Shi Huang a leader? He was dead for thousand of years before there was any People's Republic of China...

Gurra09

Yes, he is. But he has never been a part of the Communistic China (People's Republic of China).

Gurra09

He was never part of Communistic china because he was long gone. He did help unify China and China are what they are today so...he's still part of China's history. I don't see a strong reason to remove him.

Good work as always DWolf :goodjob:
I am getting better at modding and will try to let Nazi Germany clash with PR China :lol:

@ hevehoc, I do have the Type 99 tank as a modern armor "Style Unit"

@ cider, thanks...now that you gave your fist baby steps, it should be smooth sailing :goodjob:

you support a country that enslaves a bullies Tibet? you have no decency.
Good thing you didn't see who made the Nazi Germany mod.

Top Bottom