1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

BtS Nightmares Comics vol. I

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Sid's Sushit, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sid's Sushit

Sid's Sushit Chieftain

2. Julian Delphiki

Julian Delphiki Anton's key

3. Feet

Feet Warlord

Haha.

Ha.

4. Heinz Guderian

Heinz Guderian Chieftain

LOL (10 chars)

5. Charles Martel

Charles Martel Warlord

good stuff :lol:

6. Lurking Liu

Lurking Liu Prince

Wow. Way to push over that straw man... You showed him real good, yes you did.

7. eonwe

eonwe Chieftain

So true.
    To be fair, in case such as described one would probably be able to build enough missionaries to spread the faith.
    Compared to UN diplomatic victory, AP diplomatic victory doesn't make much sense in boundary conditions such as the one in the comic.
    To fix this, some other conditions in addition to each civilization having the religion need to be added.
    One of such could be that cities containing the religion would need to account for atleast x% of world total population.

8. Mewtarthio

Mewtarthio Emperor

Alternatively (and this goes for UN victory, too):

Diplomatic/Religious victory requires at least Y civs with at least X total votes. That way, you can never vote yourself into victory.

9. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

After only SIX hours???? What a pittance of an investment!! :lol:
    (My huge/marathon games usually last 60+ hours).

10. Slaughter

Slaughter Initiate

LOL!!! Funny comic indeed! Go GO!

11. 50_dollar_bag

50_dollar_bag Imitation Louis Vuitton

Haha nice one.
    Your bitterness towards Firaxis amuses me greatly.

12. p dandy

p dandy Prince

Haha. You won me over with your drawing of Firaxis Fan.

13. Badesumofu

Badesumofu Warlord

Yeah, amusing as it was, there are only so many laughs to be had from pushing over a straw-man. Easy to make fun of someone when you get to put whatever words you like in their mouth, eh.

The situation you described sounds highly improbable (impossible even? not sure, I turn diplomatic victory off most of the time) to me. On top of that, the conquering guy should have seen it coming and spread Hinduism around his own empire a bit.

The other solution would be to do what I do - turn Diplomatic Victories off, I've never liked them. The Religious version seems potentially even worse than the UN version.

14. 50_dollar_bag

Are you sure you aren't 'Firaxis Fan'?

15. Badesumofu

Badesumofu Warlord

Are you sure read anything but the first two sentences of my post? It was a straw-man. If you can't see that (or worse, don't know what it means) then stick to chuckling and stay out of arguing.

16. 50_dollar_bag

17. Spearthrower

Spearthrower Thrower of spears

As you are partially quoting me (didnt bother to add the suggestions I made to the guy with 1 post who came to whinge), I suppose I should defend myself from this inneffective and puerile stereotype that is based on the fact that I disagree with your inept play and poor understanding of the game.

Rather than try to engage in intelligent discussion, parody is clearly a fitting alternative. Perhaps you realised that you couldnt actually bring any valid discussion to support yourself and felt that drawing people in a condescending way would somehow bolster your impotence?

Funny how about 5 people have whinged at their incapacity to deal with the AP.... and of course, this immediately indicates that it is incredibly broken. It really is such a shame that this AP victory is a problem that you can't use the WB to correct - of course something must be done to salvage your ego from the pit of ineptness.

You lost..... deal with it. In the immortal words of WoW - "Learn to play the game, noob" ;)

Oh and reporting this as it is basically an ad hominem attack.

With the 15 posts you have here, all you have done is attack the game, the designers and now the fans.

Doesn't the fact that over half of your posts have been moderated or locked tell you something?

Troll away, I look forward to seeing you banned.

18. DrewBledsoe

DrewBledsoe Veteran QB

It still made me laugh :lol: and btw you owe me for the copyright on the "guards" ending ;)

19. Spearthrower

Spearthrower Thrower of spears

I wouldn't care less if he didn't quote me - he's entitled to whatever opinions he wants.... but as he quoted me and used a libellous picture to characterise me (and by extension people who agree with me), I think that it is far from acceptable and downright offensive.

20. DrewBledsoe

DrewBledsoe Veteran QB

Didn't realise he incorrectly labelled you (if he meant to that is), so accept my apologies. I just found it amusing, even though I don't agree with its concept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.