1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bts or not?

Discussion in 'Team Mad Scientists' started by Domino369, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Domino369

Domino369 Warlord

I guess this needs to be done lol. We do need to know who and who can't play the save (because they don't have bts or whatnot)

I'll start: I have Bts so I can play the save.

This can be continued throughout the game as well because (example) say someone's computer contracts something like adramax, which would require a drive wipe (using my example a few months ago, the virus/trojan literally deleted my C drive T-T be careful with torrentz and read the reviews of the files before you download to see if they are safe. If there are no reviews, don't download) or say you'll be away at some point during the game.

We could also just see who wants to play the civ save each session. Could also mention that or other suggestions here as well.

2. Unionfield

Unionfield Warlord

I have it.

3. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I just bought it :D

[dont' tell my wife!!]

I'll be installing it on my work compy tomorrow.... hopefully the new IT guy hasn't locked me out of installing stuff :please:
    Usually a turnplayer agrees to play for a specified amount of time, say, 1 month, or 20 turns. The game sessions will tend to come fairly often - especially at the beginning :eek:

4. cujo376

cujo376 Chieftain

I don't have it currently but plan on getting it in the future

5. James009

James009 Warlord

I have BTS as well.

I have a question if someone is not the turnplayer then can they look at the savegame? Like we keep track of things and check data? I'm not sure how this game works?

6. Domino369

Domino369 Warlord

Like load the savegame to observe? I think yes, as long as you don't end the turn xD.

7. Sullla

Sullla Patrician Roman Dictator

Yes, anyone with Beyond the Sword can log into the game and take a look at the save. (Just enter your team's password, which you'll also have to decide upon at some point.) I'm pretty sure you can look at the save even when it's not your turn, but I have never playing a sequential turns Pitboss game, so I can't verify that.

8. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I verified with my sequential turns test game that anyone can log in (with the team pw) at any time, even if not our turn.

I have BTS and can be a turnplayer.

9. JoeyDawt

JoeyDawt Chieftain

I have BTS never been a turn player and I have some concerns about following specific instructions but if need be Ill be willing to do it this french keyboard stuff is beginning to make me mad!!ÉÉÉÉ

10. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

I´ve it and can look and play.

11. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

OK, I'm all patched to 3.17

I can be a turnplayer if needed, as long as some more experienced players take me step-by-step through the things that are different in BtS than Vanilla.

I guess, for now, it's safest to consider me a backup turnplayer :)

12. ruggi

ruggi Chieftain

got it.

Currently prefer not to turnplay, might do so later (first need to lear basics of this game style)

13. Rantamplanzzz

Rantamplanzzz Chieftain

I have BtS so i can play it.