[BTS] Partisans

Chengora

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

I'm about to start building a partisans mod and wanted to get some feedback/advice/help. I understand there is already a partisans mod that mirrors how these units were handled in Civ 2 (you conquer a city and a bunch of partisans come out).

I want to create something a bit different. I'd like to make the land version of privateers: hidden nationality units, weaker than their counterparts, but controlled directly by the player/AI.

I've attached a word doc with the units I'm considering adding. They cost the same as the "vanilla" unit, but are about 2-4 strength points weaker. Should they be even weaker?

In addition, I was hoping to get your opinions/help on the following:

1. Like workers or settlers, should food contribute to the production of these units?

2. Once the units are made, can anyone help me to program the AI so that it knows how to use these units properly?

3. Is there a way to enable opposing civs an opportunity to discover the nationality of these units? Much like spies are revealed? And can anyone help me implement this?

4. Since these units are based off existing vanilla units, I don't think they need new animations or even models (right?). However, I could use some help with the buttons to make the user interface a little more friendly. Can anyone help me with this?

As you can probably tell, I'm pretty clueless about programming, but I'm excited to give this a try. Either reply or PM me if you have any thoughts, and thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Mod Chart.doc
    40 KB · Views: 64
1) well I would continue to let food contribute to production of workers & settlers.

2) If your just adding some new "partisan"-like units, all you need to do is use some of the already programmed AI functions... it depends though, will they be able to perform missions? or just be invisible?

3) Yes, and yes, its just a simple XML change.

4) sure, thats not too hard either.

My question though is, are you still going to have these partisan units spawn when cities are captured? And if yes, does that need re-programmed or can you use the existing partisan mods stuff? Things that I would be looking at...

Shiggs

Top Bottom