Bts patch 3.17 problem

kerimo516

Chieftain
I just installed the Bts patch 3.17 and could not run Bts. I got the error

XML Cashing Error
Failed writing to global defines cache.
Current XML file is: xml/GlobalDefines.xml

Followed by 15 other errors like that...The unpatched version of Bts is working without problems but when i want to patch to version 3.17 there are a lot of XML errors
Any ideas?

Did you try to install the Patch 3.19 over this installation? Maybe it helps.

Did you modify your files in any way before? This can interfere with updates, because it could happen that the patch doesn't overwrite the modified files.

yes i tried it with the 3.19 patch...but there is the same problem.
no i did not changed any files...i can start the game and i can play the maxrigamod but i cant play for example the road to war mod and i think there are a few other problems with this xml cache errors in the game.

er...:think:...wild guessing now:
Go to My Documents\My Games\BtS, open the CivilizationIV.ini (rightclick, open with wordpad or notepad), and change these values:
PHP:
; Disable caching of file system (may slow initialization)
DisableFileCaching = 0

; Disable caching of xml and file system (may slow initialization)
DisableCaching = 0

to 1 (if they are already 1, then...no idea).

@The_J : i tried it but there is the same problem :(

@Furiey : bts work without a mod and it works with the maxriga mod for example but not with the road to war mod...i tested bts and bts with the maxriga mod and there were no problems when i play it online with friends although there are these errors when i start the game...
A friend has the same version of the game and can play the road to war mod wihout problems...
these errors dont seem to influence the game ...they just seem to influence the road to war mod

Top Bottom