[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

You are Patched with the Official 3.19 patch I hope. That patch actually sets BtS so that you don'r need the cd in to play.

Extract is the win.rar option to unpack the mod.

JosEPh

First of all, I would like to commemerate you on the best mod I have ever encountered for a game. It's intuitive, and adds ten fold the content that BtS did. You are truly a great person ;). The following are just suggestions/refinements, I'm sorry if they sound critical. They would simply make this game all the better and cleaner. :)

Fixes/Minor/Infastructural Changes:
1. I have a problem with the automatic turns system which means that I can only fully automate my turns, instead of being allowed to simply idle for the set period of turns as well.
2. Rename the bonus resource "oil products" to "petro-chemicals" and possibly add hydrogen as a "virtual" resource (similar the synthetic rubber and the like, expect without quantity), one which is simply aquired if you have a coastal city in the modern age. It can be used for the fusion reactor, fusion bombs, clean private and public transport, all sorts of things. However, without immediate explanation of acquisition, it might cause over complications.
3. Rename the "Chemical Plant" national wonder to "Petro-Chemical Refinery/Plant".

Suggestions:
1. The requirement that a coastal city is owned to build a fusion reactor (or as mentioned earlier having hydrogen), as pure fusion requires hydrogen, and H2O is water, etc (At least the requirement of two/three ground water pumps).
2. The addition of a pure fusion bomb:nuke:, which doesn't deal fallout, but greatly increases the direct damage of the blast, instead of overtime damage and attrition, possibly requiring the ITER or a fusion reactor to be built first in order to trigger worldwide construction, similar to the Manhattan project.
3. The construction of airbases in your territory as a military improvement, planes can relocate to these positions to bomb and rearm and refuel there as well. (Maybe the fort could be revised as a military base instead?)
4. Please obsolete at least some ancient, classical and medieval units and buildings and wonders like the Forbidden Palace by the beginning of the modern era. The city building interface gets rather messy when you have triremes and slingers inbetween your nuclear bombs and airports. (Maybe they could be replaced by a single cheap and quick militia or conscript unit?) Also conduct a general clean up of all the world wonders, they are brilliant, but there are so many of them.
5. Could you add an unit/age bias for the turn automation AI? If you're in the Future era, you don't want to have your AI building bowmen when you only have time to build marines and tanks in your tight schedule for war.
6. I'd like to see the AI start actually building up a pre-war arsenal of nukes and bioweapons, and have oppressed nations and vassals do that sort of thing in a WW2 sort of scenario. It would be great.
7. A-bomber planes could be replaced by MOAB bombers later in the transhuman era as ICBMs become more readily avaliable. MOAB bombers are high damage moderate movement planes capable of delivering multiple high damage strikes in a single turn, with the added bonus of being reusable.
8. Stealth bombers/supersonic planes are half as likely to be shot down/have their attack neutralized by air defenses.
9. Desalination plants could be a high capacity modern version of a ground water pump on the coast that have triple the benefits of a groundwater pump, despite lowering income by one point in that region. They could be utilised as an improvement or coastal city building. They might be national wonders that boost food production for every food beneficial improvement in your territroy on that continent, or spread irrigation throughout your territory on that continent.
10. Replace the "Treasury" national wonder with just the "[Federal] Reserve Bank". You could use the treasure resource as an instant gold store bonus or if you are able to convert the gold bonus to production points.

I will now present you with a system of prerequisties you could use for several of the wonders that would organise and clean up the national wonders section of the city build menu. It would probably be incredibly tiresome to do this, and might restrict the players freedom. It's completely up to you.

Banks
Bank -> "[Federal] Reserve Bank" -> "Central Bank" + 3 banks -> Wall Street + International Monetary Fund + 5 Banks -> World Bank
Factories | = separated
Cement Mill/Brewery| Chemical -> Biofuel/Fertilizer/Rubber Plants| Aluminium Factory -> Filling Factory
Laboratories
2 Laboratories/Observatories -> Space Laboratory + Radio Telescope -> Deep Space Research Institute
Epics
Heroic Epic -> National Epic
You get the picture.

Awesome mod mate (I'm Australian mate, gotta encourage the stereotype mate) and it keeps getting better.

Awesome mod mate (I'm Australian mate, gotta encourage the stereotype mate) and it keeps getting better.

Welcome to CFC mate. This mod is not currently under active development so don't expect you suggestions to be implemented any time soon. Or maybe you could implement them and post a mod fix. ;)

Have you tried "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" or "Caveman to Cosmos" both are based on RoM. The former is a finished product, with a last update due out soonish. The latter is under active development with the attitude of adding everything including the kitchen sink.

Welcome to CFC mate. This mod is not currently under active development so don't expect you suggestions to be implemented any time soon. Or maybe you could implement them and post a mod fix. ;)

Have you tried "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn" or "Caveman to Cosmos" both are based on RoM. The former is a finished product, with a last update due out soonish. The latter is under active development with the attitude of adding everything including the kitchen sink.

Thanks. It's not really about getting it done, more about getting the ideas off my back. I understand about it not being under active development, as I got the same version last year. But I have heard of A New Dawn and it seems really good. Do you think I should post my concepts there?*
I must say the only XML I've ever programmed was to change the RoM menu music, but I really don't have the time to learn it. Thanks for the advice.

EDIT: A New Dawn has released its final 1.75, with a sub patch C optional. So I'll post the concepts on Caveman to Cosmos with the appropriate edits. I downloaded the final of AND and 10.2 of C2C though, and I'm making some contributions to the civilopedia. Thanks

I finally got the RoM2 to appear under the Advance options on the first menu but when the game reloads and I click Play it appears to load the standard BtS game as nothing is different in the cyclopedia. Improvements, resources, technologies and promotions all seem to be the standard version. Is there anything I'm missing or something else I need to do to get the new version to work. The 7zip file, BtS v3.19 & RoM2 all seems to be loaded but looks like something is either missing or not loaded in the right place.

I've got a CtD issue in late game RoM.

The catch is, I'm running through WINE, not Windows, would somebody be willing to run my savegame in windows so that I know if the issue is with WINE or RoM?

(crash happens 2 turns after the save file).

Attachments

• kc AD-2045-July.CivBeyondSwordSave.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
I finally got the RoM2 to appear under the Advance options on the first menu but when the game reloads and I click Play it appears to load the standard BtS game as nothing is different in the cyclopedia. Improvements, resources, technologies and promotions all seem to be the standard version. Is there anything I'm missing or something else I need to do to get the new version to work. The 7zip file, BtS v3.19 & RoM2 all seems to be loaded but looks like something is either missing or not loaded in the right place.
This may seem standard issue, be it may be a corrupted download. First, reunzip the RoM folder in your downloads. Then copy it to your Civ 4 bts folder and run the shortcut as admin in windows xp service pack 3 compatability mode, then launch the mod. If all else fails, uninstall bts, reinstall the patch then try it again with the mod, and if that doesnt work, redownload the mod.
You can tell if the mod is working (or at least loading) if the RoM Concepts catergory is visible in the Civilopedia.

Beware, civ 4 noob ahead!

I can't seem to load this mod. I start civ 4 BTS, click 'advanced', 'load mod', and select rise of mankind. I press OK, and the game exits. So far so good, and then it shows the loading screen (the one with 'loading' in about 6 languages), but then it...stops. After a bit, the screen resets from the 'basic' colour screen it switches to to play civ 4.

I have a windows 7, if that's any help, and other mods seem to load correctly.

Hey!

I have a question, could anybody plug in to BtS mod 2.92 civilization of Poland, please? There is ready mod for Beyound the Sword
Code:
[url] http://www.civ.org.pl/downloads.php?lang=Eng&type=Civ4&section=Mods[/url]
,so it is not nessesery for creating it from begining. I don't know how to do it, but I think it will be cool option for players from Poland ("small" country in the middle of Europe with peoples with greate honor and no common sense ;-) some info:
Code:
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland[/url]
and about "special unit"
Code:
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Hussars[/url]
)

Beware, civ 4 noob ahead!

I can't seem to load this mod. I start civ 4 BTS, click 'advanced', 'load mod', and select rise of mankind. I press OK, and the game exits. So far so good, and then it shows the loading screen (the one with 'loading' in about 6 languages), but then it...stops. After a bit, the screen resets from the 'basic' colour screen it switches to to play civ 4.

I have a windows 7, if that's any help, and other mods seem to load correctly.

Loading in 6 languages? Try English.

With win7 make sure the UAC is disabled or you are using Administrator as your log on.

When you unzipped the mod check to see if a 2nd Rise of mankind folder is inside of the 1st. If there is copy/pastye the 2nd one to the BtS/Mods folder. This is a common occurrence.

JosEPh

Hey!

I have a question, could anybody plug in to BtS mod 2.92 civilization of Poland, please? There is ready mod for Beyound the Sword
Code:
[url] http://www.civ.org.pl/downloads.php?lang=Eng&type=Civ4&section=Mods[/url]
,so it is not nessesery for creating it from begining. I don't know how to do it, but I think it will be cool option for players from Poland ("small" country in the middle of Europe with peoples with greate honor and no common sense ;-) some info:
Code:
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland[/url]
and about "special unit"
Code:
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Hussars[/url]
)

I believe the Mega Civ pack for RoM 2.92 already contains Poland. Just don't try to use more that 28 Civs for any RoM game.

JosEPh

Loading in 6 languages? Try English.

No, I load and play the game in English, but when I load the game or a mod it shows (for me, at least, with civ 4 complete, and I presume everyone else), a screen saying 'loading', underneath it some Chinese (or some language like that), then underneath that 'Laden', etc. Then it disappears, and the game continues to load. Only in this case, it doesn't

With win7 make sure the UAC is disabled or you are using Administrator as your log on.

Sorry, I have no idea what that means!

When you unzipped the mod check to see if a 2nd Rise of mankind folder is inside of the 1st. If there is copy/pastye the 2nd one to the BtS/Mods folder. This is a common occurrence.

JosEPh

No, all the folders inside zip are in the main Rise of Mankind folder, and they are: assets, autolog, docs, docs from combined mods, privatemaps, usersettings. No second Rise of Mankind folder.

Hi,

Does this mod enable changing difficulty leven in hotseat? It has been bugging me for some time that it isn't posible =/

Thanks,
David

I having issues getting this mod to load up.

I have installed it correctly, i believe. I see the Rise of Mankind folder in mods in BTS. I load or run BTS go to mods and click on ROM and ok, the game closes screen flickers, but then nothing happens. I don't get the RISE of mankind load up window or anything. I have tried running this as administrator , still no change. Tried reducing graphics to minimum, nothing. I have tripple checked to make sure all is in order. Other mods load, but not this one.

I run windows 7. on a laptop, intregrated graphics cards.

Any ideas

Check the Rise of Mankind folder in the BtS/Mod folder to see if there is a 2nd Rise of Mankind in it. If there is, cut and paste up one level. Then delete the "empty" rise of mankind. This happens alot.

JosEPh :)

Check the Rise of Mankind folder in the BtS/Mod folder to see if there is a 2nd Rise of Mankind in it. If there is, cut and paste up one level. Then delete the "empty" rise of mankind. This happens alot.

JosEPh :)

naw i read that, and looked and its not that :(

There will be any updates to Rise of Mankind 2 ?

ROM is dead.

RAND is an unofficial expansion/extension, (Full Name: Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn)

C2C uses ROM as a base, but adds lots more content (Full Name: Cavement 2 Cosmos)

Take your pick, both are excellent. I prefer RAND more, but then I'm biased. ;)

Top Bottom