1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by zappara, Apr 29, 2008.

1. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

There will be any updates to Rise of Mankind 2 ?

2. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

ROM is dead.

RAND is an unofficial expansion/extension, (Full Name: Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn)

C2C uses ROM as a base, but adds lots more content (Full Name: Cavement 2 Cosmos)

Take your pick, both are excellent. I prefer RAND more, but then I'm biased. ;)

3. Equivocalxx

Equivocalxx Chieftain

So i have downloaded this mod but when I got to unzip the files it says that it cant open extracting folder? help?

4. jacomanring

jacomanring Chieftain

Hello everyone!

I couldn't find any other forum on Rise on Mankind, so excuse me if it's not the right place to post about bugs...

I had this problem after installing last patch. It appears that combat statistic (just the percentage part, I can see correctly the total points each unit) wouldn't show up anymore in Civ4 and on other mods, whereas it does shows up correctly on RoM2. I think it maybe smth with the patch...I don't know!

Somebody knows something about it?

Thanks in advance!

5. arkguy

arkguy Warlord

After I unistall Civ IV BTS and reinstall it is there any patches I need to make RoM2 run other than the Civ4_1[1].61 and Civ4 BTS patch v3.19? It appears under the advanced option but doesn't load when clicked on it so can't get RoM2 to load & play. So I'm down to reinstalling the whole game to see if there is a corrupt file in it that is blocking the run program. That may be the case as I get a window saying that an invalid voice devise as been selected when game loads but it disappears after clicking enter twice.

6. Ropher

Ropher Chieftain

I don't know if the vanilla version of ROM still works; last time I tried it I had problems with it.

But I recently installed the new version: Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn which installed fine and has run flawlessly for a couple weeks now. Check it out.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=372884

7. alb22

alb22 Chieftain

Maybe this question popped up already.. is there any way to make 2.91 savegames compatible to 2.92?

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Unfortunately, no.

9. BaldKaren

BaldKaren Chieftain

Hi everyone,

I've run into a problem when trying to load the RAND mod. I extracted the files into the mod folder and is under the folder "Rise of Mankind." I followed instructions. I have the proper updates as well.

So, when I hit Load on the RAND mod Civ shuts down in order to re-start. I see so in TaskManager. When it gets to around 14K Windows shows an error box. "Civilization Stopped Working." I've tried this multiple times shutting down the PC, re-extracting the files but no luck. :cry:

Has this been brought up?:confused:

10. Ropher

Ropher Chieftain

When I play Civ 4 with RAND, I always launch it (and all other mods) with the "Civilization 4 Mod Launcher" available here in the forums. This avoids the double launch pain, and has worked without a hitch for me on RAND.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=156030

11. mr.idontknow

mr.idontknow Chieftain

do I need to uninstall the mod everytime I wanna play online? that sucks.

12. BaldKaren

BaldKaren Chieftain

I figured out my problem.

Turns out downloading the latest update doesn't mean it is installed. In-case others have the same problem, manually download and install 3.03, 3.13, 3.17 and then 3.19

13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

No.

Why would you?

JosEPh

14. vincentz

vincentz Programmer

nope. installing 3.19 is all you need to do.
    However you have to install it manually (not with the (broken) ingame installer)
    even when installing from the "beginning" with vanilla, warlords and bts, 3.19 is the only one needed as the expansions will automatically install the latest patches.

15. 1962robertson

1962robertson Chieftain

Quick question;

I'd like to play without the new flags, is that possible? if so, can someone point me in the right direction? I can't seem to find how to turn them off.

AWESOME mod by the way. Love it.

16. Raven Destroyer

Raven Destroyer Prince

Just Downloaded after i found your Mod by searching something else and then reading about your additions to it saying WOW :goodjob::thumbsup::cool::love::bowdown::hatsoff: :woohoo::wow: (yes i spam with smiley's but i just wanted to add any smiley i could that says Good job)

Voron

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Yes Zappara did Good work. He was the :king:.

It's just too bad he got burned out and walked away from his Masterpiece.

JosEPh

18. Raven Destroyer

Raven Destroyer Prince

Let's hope he recovers and returns well if the download links keep active this mod can't cease to exist

Well Bittorent is still Seeding it from my PC and will do so for a long long time

19. basstialbo

basstialbo Chieftain

GREAT WORK

20. Monaldinio

Monaldinio Prince