1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by zappara, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Ckornelius

Ckornelius Chieftain

Hi,

I have encountered an annoying freeze at exactly the same turn in the late renaissance time. It is not crashing and I can still access all info screens but the turn just never ends ( i run it 20 min so i don t think it makes sense to wait much longer , normal time is right now about 10 sec). I read that it might have to do with the revolutionary mod and removing some revolting units, but my cities are all stable so I am not sure if I should look for revolting cities at the AI and delete them? Is there any way I can save my game?

Thanks.

2. Wodan

Wodan Deity

I went down the exact same logic you did, quite a few games. I even tried deleting a bunch of barb and AI cities. I didn't have any luck. Eventually, every time I had to give up on the game and start a new one. When you do so, do a custom game and disable Revolutions. That should prevent it from happening again, at least.

3. arkguy

arkguy Warlord

I downloaded the RoM2 mod and FINALLY got it to work! YEAH! Haven't played it so don't know if there are any problems with that yet but it seems to all be there. Went back though and tried to finish the game I had going in the regular Beyond the Sword and got a messages saying the running memory terminated in an unusual way. Does the RoM2 mod disable the regular version of the game or is it a low memory problem or something else? In order to have both version working do you have to have one loaded on your computer and the other on an external hard drive?

4. Eddi

Eddi Chieftain

you can simply switch between the original and the modified version from the main menu (game will be restarted). you cannot load games started with the original version while this (or any) mod is active, you must first switch off the mod.

5. arkguy

arkguy Warlord

Thank you that is what I thought but how do you switch the versions on/off? While I think the RoM2 will become the preferred version it would be nice to be able to use both versions if I want in the future. :)

6. emrebrgl

emrebrgl Chieftain

Hi everyone,

I am playing Rise of mankind - a new dawn for months but yesterday I encountered a problem. The game is crashing during renaissance era. It says fatal error, bad allocation and stops to work.
    Why does it doing that? Any suggestions.

Thanks

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Welcome to CFC. This is the Rom2 thread not the RoM-AND thread. ;) Your problem is not uncommon with large mods. Most often it means you have been playing too long and the memory leak problems with the underlying engine have built up so you need to save, get out and restart.

However sometimes it is something else.
    - Are you using XP and are you using the 3GB switch?
    - have you set the "system memory management" priority to programmes rather than windows?

A new version of RoM - AND has just been released into beta, see here. I believe it contains many fixes.

8. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

You ran out of RAM. Turn down your graphic settings. ;)

9. arkguy

arkguy Warlord

I encountered a fatal error message with Microsoft very early in my first game of RoM2 and it closed. Is this the result of something in the game files or unrelated to the download? I also had problems with it loading the standerd game instead of RoM but wouldn't open the save game so it must till have been in RoM mode even though it loaded in normal mode it looked like.

10. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

ROM has well known and repeatable CTD bugs, and development is dead.

I suggest trying RAND or C2C, which are both based off of ROM. ;)

11. arkguy

arkguy Warlord

I reduced the resolution to medium and that seemed to help some, at least I didn't get that message until I had gotten thumped and was exiting back to the main menu. The memory could be low on my computer as the last time I defraged it I was down to 49% free space. The resolution is defaulted to the lowest numbers so other option may be few. Good to know about the repeatable bug problems as I the next step with is upgrading the computer my not be worth it if the program is going it stop early in the game frequently and isn't going to solve the problem. Also it takes forever for the RoM2 to load.

12. krasny

krasny Prince

Should I play RoM2 or RoMaND?

13. Ropher

Ropher Chieftain

Play RoMaND. It works. It's fun. and it's optimized to be reasonably fast.

14. Dreifels

Dreifels King

where is 1.92 othe than torrent? can't use torrent.

15. Dreifels

Dreifels King

with big map ROM crashes if Revolutions is on, while AND *always* crashes above turn 720 somewhere (application crash dll), if playing w/o space run (and because this you need to run the game far over 1000 turns)

Too bad, as AND has lot of good features.

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

The version of REV in RoM 2.92 was still a beta at the time Zappara put 2.92 out. It (REV) had several major bugs. That's why I posted that to play 2.92 leave REV Off. Sorry REV fans but unless someone has the Modding skills to Update/Merge the Newest REV into RoM2.92 that's how it is.

JosEPh :)

17. Dreifels

Dreifels King

the problem I have had been with barbarians, not with reolutions, and they are same if I disable rev or not

18. Dreifels

Dreifels King

it crashes with giant map after ~ turn 720 -780
    application crash .. dll

so,if you want to do a game w/o space race (which needs much more than 720 turns) you cannot finish the game with that map.

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Barb Civ and Barb World are both REVDCM modmods. Barb Civ at the time RoM2.92 was made also had Known issues. I used to play with Barb Civ "on" with prior versions but had to stop using it when 2.92 came out.

JosEPh

20. Dreifels

Dreifels King

I had problems not only with Barbaians civs, but with all Barbarians, alread before 2.92.
    Now testing giant map ( (.sav size 1691 kb) w/o any barbarian, but with revolutions, RoM+AND, 2.x beta.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11400426
    my old memos I made yers ago for RoM say, that I had there also crash problems with Barbarians but it worked with Revolutions (some errors, but playable). The biggest map I ever could play was the RFC with big Europe (.sav size 727 kb) that time, but w/o Barbarians. But that was my old XP with 528 MB video and 4GB RAM, now I'm on WIn7/64 with 8GB ram and 4GB video. (with Vanilla I could play the giant map w/o any problem, also with my old XP.)

But not yet reached the critical turns, being at 635 now, crashs come between turns 720-780