1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by zappara, Apr 29, 2008.

1. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

nevermind, I tried it again and it works. I was probably mistaken, sorry :D

so well, all runs fine and is awesome :goodjob:

2. taxman80

taxman80 Chieftain

HI!!!! i love this mod a lot!!! from the begining!!.. but with this update dont work well for me.....

i install the full version 2.2 without the DCM, and the extra civs pack all for BTS 3.17.... but when im playing it in multiplayer i cant see the science i discover. I mean when i finished a technology cant see the window with the new technology like before saying me with sound what i had discover, it goes directly to the advisor window to choose another technology :( :( :( :( :( ... and when i finished a world wonder i cant see the video of it :( :( :(

why???????????? damn bts 3.17.. before it it works all fine!!! :( :( :(

anybody happend the same?? can anyone helps me???

im running it in windows vista x64.

thanxx!!

3. Boris Badinov

Boris Badinov Pain is Inevitable Unhappiness is Optional

@Taxman80... I remember several posts about Vista, but since I use XP I tend to ignore them. But scan through the pages, probably between 3 & 10 and scan for Vista problems. You could also scan the Bug Report found at this link. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=273368 If the link does not work goto the first page on this thread and scroll through th first post and the links will be there. Best of luck, also Zaparra will probably comment before long.

4. iyyillius

iyyillius Warlord

:rolleyes::mischief:Hey guys,

I haven't really given alot of feedback since the whole RoMrevdmc thing got rolling cause I'm not really much of a play tester, because i just play the game how it is.(besides everytime i finish a game and notice something isn't working you guys have allready fixed it)
    Anyway i just wanted to thank you guys again for making Civ the game I always wanted it to be and to thank you for your diligence in constantly making it a better experiance all around. I can't think of any truely profound ways of expressing my gratitude so REALLY it's just the best gaming experiance I've ever had.
    Also, I know that you guys ( Zappura & Kalikhamus ) have really been busy with changing the mechanics of the game but I am looking forward to the time when you ( Zappura ) can add a few things asteically to the game i.e. new coraporations. and things of that nature. (awe come on i can't say all those kewl things about you guys without asking for a little something for myself:mischief: hehe. And actually i wouldn't even waste my time asking except that i know you guys are some of the most diligent and creative modders i have ever seen.
    Once again thanks.

Oh btw,

My wife hates you guyz !:lol:

5. iyyillius

iyyillius Warlord

:blush:for anyone who cares it's obviously EXPERIENCE not EXPERIANCE :blush: OOPS

6. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Few new corporations might appear in future versions - or just corporation specific buildings. If you want to discuss more about future versions, you can share ideas in this thread. Currently I'm working on Event patch that is going to add lot more random events (discuss here) and there will be of course bug fixes and some other additions as well.

Send my apologies to your wife! I don't want to be hated :lol: I knew sooner or later some ladies would get upset because their boyfriend/husband plays these mods - Experienced the same thing over the years and if can't convert girlfriend to be civ player too (good luck on these attempts :lol:), my only option has been to devote more time to her than to games ;)

7. Boris Badinov

Boris Badinov Pain is Inevitable Unhappiness is Optional

Ahh, but you are both missing th fine point that the girlfriend/wife now knows where you are. Now just retreat to the man-cave, fire up the LAN for MP Civ and beer!;)

8. Axil

Axil Prince

quick question - is the Extra Civ pacck still got issues with the REVDCM + Bug version or is there a fix yet?

9. The Turk

The Turk Deity

I redownloaded Rise of Mankind but still its not working??:confused:

10. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

I'm not sure if this question should be posted here, but anyway:

I've modified RoM buildinginfos.xml file a little in order to have the pyramids provide the bonuses by Cuteunit instead of unlocking all government civics which looked awkward.

it's working fine, but both in sevopedia and in the box that appears when you hover the cursor over the pyramids as a building option for your city ( or, after you've built it), the infos look a little weird, cuz instead of displaying like:

°[...]
    ° -50% anarchy
    ° +50% golden age
    °[...]

it's displaying like:

°[...]
    ° -50% anarchy

° +50% golden age
    °[...]

i.e. with a blank line between the golden age info and the anarchy info.
    I have no idea why this is happening and I was certainly wondering if this is gonna cause problems aside from just looking a little weird. any idea about this?

11. LetMyPeopleGo

LetMyPeopleGo Prince

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm that any of the following add-on

RevolutionDCM for Rise of Mankind (4.74 MB)
    RevolutionDCM + BUG for Rise of Mankind (6.11 MB)

is compatible with Extra Civ pack 1.1 or not ?

Thanks

12. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

@LetMyPeopleGo

Neither is compatible with the ExtraCiv pack at the moment. I intend to download the ExtraCiv pack (hopefully today) and prepare a combatibility patch. Stay tuned :)

13. truetom

truetom Warlord

Good stuff, this mod and I must say all works ok for now. :)

One question: where can I disable automatic selection of building in my cities? I had an Great Engineer in my city, saving him for a specific World Wonder. Then I discovered some tech and AI decided to build another WW in this city and used my Great Engineer to hurry it. :mad: I have no bulid queue in the city and manualy decide what to build. Or so I thought. :confused: I looked in options but I don't see it there.

Another thing: in options I set not to make any suggestions to me considering unit building advice. But AI overrides and suggests it to me frequently. Is there another way to really shut it up?

Yet another thing. :rolleyes: The things that are disabled (active defense, opportunity fire, Airbomb mission, etc.) - are they posing problems selectively, i.e. here and there or are they causing CTDs in most cases?
    What about Combat Influence? This sounds so promising that I'd like to use it. :)

TT

14. MrWhereItsAt

MrWhereItsAt Warlord

In the options somewhere is a box for ticking that is something like "Advisor suggestions", near "Sid's tips" and other things. Uncheck this, and I think that should do it. That's more of a general BTS thing than RoM though.

Wait - you had settings so the AI not only chose your build order but could rush with a Great Engineer?! That's well weird - never seen that before. Just at the bottom right corner of the BFC screen when you are viewing the city are a number of buttons - emphasise food, build units etc. I never use these, but if one or more of them are pressed then that could be your problem.

I think these are mostly part of Dale's Combat mod (DCM), which hasn't yet been updated for the new version of BTS, hence it isn't yet updated for the latest version of RoM 2. So we need to pester him to get them sorted. THEN we can pester zappara to incorporate it. :)

15. artemisarrow

artemisarrow Warlord

zappara
    quick question, i saw back a mention of ROM v2.3 that would include REVDCM, when is that going to happen?:)

16. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

@artemisarrow

If you are asking to get a single download of RoM + RevDCM bundled together then there is already such a download that Zappara has released. You can find it here. Also you will like to have the latest update for this pack here

However, if you are asking about when RoM2.3 will be released then Zappara mentioned that he intends to add a large number of new events for that release. He also said it might take weeks or even months before it is ready as adding and testing events is quite time consuming.

17. Axil

Axil Prince

Hi Kalimakhus

Did you get around to downloading the extra civ pack and having a look at patching it for compatability with ROM RevDCM + BUG?

18. SvS

SvS Chieftain

Hi, is it somehow possible to disable future units, like the fissionships and others? thnx

19. truetom

truetom Warlord

@MrWhereItsAt

Thanks for the replies, will try to find where my problem lies. Some strange things about AI rushing with my Engi, right? Never saw that either and I play Civ (1,2,3,4) from the start.

20. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

You can find the patch here Sorry for taking so long (File Front actually gave me a hard time baling on me twice in the middle of the download).

@Everybody

For those who have the ExtraCiv Pack installed or would like to install it with the full RoM+RevDCM you can find a patch for making it works without issues. In case anyone notices something wrong like the Crossbowman requiring Iron (which shouldn't in RoM) or can't Archer Bombard (if you turn this on) - Please report.