1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by zappara, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

ini file settings should work on both new games and saved\loaded games. Of course if in the current game you already have a number of civs more than what you set MaxCivs to this won't mean that some civs will be removed, however no more civs will be spawned. Rebels will either be disorganized or join a civ that is already there rather than forming a new one of their own. Also barb cities won't create barbarian civs.

2. truetom

truetom Warlord

Thank you. :)

3. qASER

qASER Chieftain

Thank you for replying. What I am asking, is there if there have been other huge - giant earth maps that have been made for this mod that have more than 18 civs available. I have attempted to modify a giant earth map; however, I get a failed to read error when selecting the map. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

4. Bastian-Bux

Bastian-Bux King

There is one older GEM version for RoM modified by me, and iirc someone modified GEM 5.1 for RoM 2.2 as well.

5. Astaldo711

Astaldo711 Warlord

I'm playing ROM 2.2 Revolution/DCM. How do I enable some of the features? When the games starts, I see that battle effects, superspy and others are not enabled. I didn't see the option for them in custom game.
    Also, does America have diverse units? I started a game with America and everything looks generic. Is there somthing I hve to change in an .ini file somewhere? I remember having to do that in another mod.

6. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

Check Revolution.ini in the mod directory.

7. Orion66

Orion66 Master of Orion

Hi,

What version of DCM has been included in RoM 2.2 ? :crazyeye:

8. Astaldo711

Astaldo711 Warlord

I looked but didn't notice anything for combat effects, superspy, etc. Of course, it WAS about 1 o'clock in the morning...
    Thanks

9. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

Hmm. I directed you to the wrong file. My bad, but here I come to aid again: go to the xml folder under Rise of Mankind/Assets and open GlobalDefinesAlt.xml.

10. Astaldo711

Astaldo711 Warlord

Thanks! :goodjob: I'll take a look.

11. Orion66

Orion66 Master of Orion

I repeat my question :)

12. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

Patience is a virtue. Zappara is on a holiday, you have to wait for someone else with enough knowlegde to inform you.

13. Boris Badinov

Boris Badinov Pain is Inevitable Unhappiness is Optional

14. Orion66

Orion66 Master of Orion

Thanks. One more thing. Is there a way to make RoM to launch automaticly when clicking at Beyond of the Sword shortcut?

15. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

Yes, very easily. Go to Civiliations.ini and where it says Mod = 0, type Mods\Rise of Mankind instead of 0. But be aware, if you called the directory something else (RoM i.e.) make it say Mods\RoM. Just whatever the directory name is :).

16. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

First of all Thanks a lot for everybody who volunteers to help answering others questions. As it was mentioned Zappara is on vacation. I am supposed to reply to inquiries related to RevDCM as I am responsible for merging it into RoM. Unfortunately I am just back from my vacation and I got heaps of work tasks to sort out.

Boris' answer is quite correct. The longer version is. I am using the DLL merged by Glider for his RevolutionDCM mod. The version included in RoM 2.2 with the last patch 1.1 includes an unofficial port of DCM 1.5 to BTS 3.17. Unofficial means that it was updated by Dale himself but by another modder\fan who volunteered to so while Dale was busy. Anyway, the port is quite accurate and works very well (except for the issues noted previously about DCM in general throughout its different versions).

Dale has released his official port of DCM and I believe any coming update for RevolutionDCM will include Dale's version.

17. Astaldo711

Astaldo711 Warlord

If I want to turn attle effects on, would I change this:
    <DefineName>DCM_BATTLE_EFFECTS</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
    To this:
    <DefineName>DCM_BATTLE_EFFECTS</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
    There are other things in there like Archer Bombard that I want to turn on. I assume I just change 0 to1?

18. Forsaken

Forsaken Chieftain

That is correct

19. Dale

Dale Deity

I've released v1.6 which fixes a number of bugs, and adds a couple of user requests. :)

20. RobO

RobO King

There is a sceond method, which overrides the ini file setting for loading a Mod. This is on Win XP.

Copy the shortcut to the BTS exe
    Rightclick on it and open the Properties dialog.
    Add the mod name to the Target (I believe, I have a Danish install) specification, so it reads something like
    "C:\Spil\Civ\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Rise of Mankind
    The mod name is the folder name, the same you would specify in the ini file.