1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by zappara, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

"Works with RoM 2.2 and BtS v3.17 only if you install Lt. Bob's 40 Civ v5.0 DLL file to BtS or directly to RoM (folder '..\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets')."

If installed to BtS would it work for BtS or is this for RoM only?:confused:

2. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

Thanks Dale. Of course I am aware of your new DCM release. I always keep an eye on the development of your work. Hopefully in a few days Glider will prepare a new RevolutionDCM merge and then I will get it into RoM.

3. taxman80

taxman80 Chieftain

Kappara remember i posted that??... well, i tried installing all part and then i tried them one by one. So i discovered that the problem was when i put the patch for Rise of Mankind 2.2 Multiplayer Fix !!!!:eek::eek:

i always play in multiplayer mode... i dont know why but this patch weight less than the original.. just a note. :mischief:

can u check this multiplayer fix!!??? please!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

thanxxx!! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

4. The Turk

The Turk Deity

I got the game to work, but then when I started playing their was a problem, for some reason it woulden't let me see my info screen, I coulden't open up the City manager, I coulden't see the tech tree, civics religions etc, their just wasen't any sort of info, it was just my settler and my scout?:confused:

5. Bastian-Bux

Bastian-Bux King

YOu are probably using the wrong Civ 4 patch, this happend to me when I tried to run a 3.17 mod on patch 3.13

6. The Turk

The Turk Deity

i don't understand, I have patch 3.17 and I have version 2.2 of Rise of Mankind?

7. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

Yet again I'm running into a mystery bug that throws me out of the game :(. It has something to do with influence on (former) vassals I guess, or maybe "just" espionage missions against them. I've spent the entire afternoon looking for a fix by trial-and-error removing civs but the problem persisted. It's goodbye to a nice developing game of Civ for now, I'm not in the mood to look any further.

8. Tekener

Tekener Chieftain

I have BtS 3.17 and RoM 2.2 installed.

From what I have seen so far this MOD is just great - but I have a problem causing my 3 weeks game to stop :(
    I am in the year 1506 and the game crashes everytime I end the turn. I tried loading older save games (about 20 turns before) and play differently, acting differently, causing completly different situations in 1506, but no matter what I do the game simply crashes to desktop.

I have no idea what this can be :( Really depressing for all the time I spend :(

Attached is the save game, so maybe anybody please can have a look?

Thanks so much,
    Tek

Attached Files:

9. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

10. Spectreofdeath

Spectreofdeath Chieftain

WOW! Very awesome mod. What civ4 SHOULD have been. You deserve a job with them.

11. Orion66

Orion66 Master of Orion

Do you have Windows Vista ??

12. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Just one question... I still cant build the inquisitor unit but I saw another civ make them. What could be the problem?

13. truetom

truetom Warlord

Are you using the right civic?

14. James009

James009 Warlord

I do and I am having a similar problem as Tekener but in the early 1900's, game works fine and then crashes at a certain point (no matter what). Is there a workaround for Vista for improved performance?

15. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

It depends I guess. If it isn't a memory allocation error it could be caused by some event happening in your game. My experience, with HiTM and RoM2, is that it's usually a diplomatic event. If it is a memory allocation error you might want to consider expanding your computer's memory. I recently went from 2GB to 4GB and I must say that HiTM is stable in the late turns then. I'm having a massive war with Peter, involving some 300 units. No problem at all :).

16. The Turk

The Turk Deity

I got the game to work, but then when I started playing their was a problem, for some reason it woulden't let me see my info screen, I coulden't open up the City manager, I coulden't see the tech tree, civics religions etc, their just wasen't any sort of info, it was just my settler and my scout?

17. alireza1354

alireza1354 Emperor

Right civic? If u mean inquisitorial; thats not the right civic. It should be buildable long before that, u only need fundamentalism.

18. bigriggs

bigriggs Chieftain

I have noted in late games that it may be the destruction of a civ.. however small it may be ie. revolting. Play around with the world editor and see if you continue because it sucks not to keep going. Check the logs.. might give you a clue why. Programming wise.. this is likely very deep and unlikely to surface easily.. I suspect the events but also in the capacity of these small, created civs. Once I reach 34 civs I don't really worry about it anymore and it hasnt really bothered me. Thats why I might as well start with 34. :)

19. genine

genine Warlord

Hello,
    I have a little question. why can I only build one irrigation canal why according to the game and xml files I schould be able to build them everywhere?

20. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

I have the same hunch. That would mean it's not something in the core game but in the Revolution mod and the way it works.