1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by zappara, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Liszt

Liszt Chieftain

This mod is amazing.

It even has some new wonder movies (Leonardos, for example).

The only wierd thing I found was that nuclear fallout appeared during medieval times. It was probably aliens or something.

Well done people - you have managed to improve an almost perfect game.

2. Empiremaker

Empiremaker Human Fish

The city must be next to a river, like a levee.

3. Poook

Poook Chieftain

Hi, I think is a cool mod. But I have a problem now :

I am playing on marathon, but the game ends at turn 525. What can I do?

4. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

Depends on what you mean by ends? Does it crash, freeze or just end as expected?

5. Poook

Poook Chieftain

I won the Time-Victory by at 1000 AD. I think that is to early.

6. Drew77

Drew77 Chieftain

Hi I have everything for this mod the game patch and the 2.2 with everything you need to play but as soon as I go to start the game it just crashes. I try to play the ROM 18 civ map and it crashes. The only time it does not crash is when I play with the ROM maps it comes with but there are only like 3-4 maps and they are all way to small for me. Does any1 else have this prob?? Let me know I really want to try the new version of ROM

7. genine

genine Warlord

yeah I had the same thingwith a worldmap JEELEN made for rom 2.2 it only goes till 750AD +/- 525 turns

8. Bastian-Bux

Bastian-Bux King

You need to remove the turn limit in the map. This limit doesn't take in account if you choose marathon or snail.

9. genine

genine Warlord

Thx but I don't have a cleu how to do that :confused:

10. Bastian-Bux

Bastian-Bux King

Like this: *pointing to the attachement*

Attached Files:

11. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Good thing I check other threads once in a while! (There's a map thread for RoM, plus I have my own threads.) Anyway, will fix this in version 1.1.;)

12. Tekener

Tekener Chieftain

No, I am using XP SP 3.

The computer has 2 GB of RAM and also 2 GB virtual memory. It seems also not to be a memory issue (I would guess) as the usage of memory at the time of crash is around 75% of physical mem.

Was anybody able to run my savegame one year into the future? Maybe someone who was able to run it could send me the new savegame so I can bypass the crashing issue?

Thanks,
    Tek

13. genine

genine Warlord

for others interested in doing this just open het worldbuildersave in a texteditor and delete the line with "maxturns=525"
    thx Bastian-Bux

14. CivFanCCS

CivFanCCS Warlord

For anyone that has a game in progress and a repeatable CTD:

During a really great game of RoM I was experiencing a CTD that was repeatable and I was determined to find a solution to continue, and I have in my case.

In my case I was playing Giant Map - 34 civs, revolution/barb civ, dynamic city names, and tech diffusion, and all regular options, except vassal states.

Solution: Open world builder (ctrl + W) and save your game. Then go to main menu and select custom scenario. Choose your saved game, and un-check all options related to Revolution mod.

I was able to continue, however all diplomatic relations were reset.
    At least I can finish the game.

Also, you can download the new version of RevDCM and replace that .dll with the one in this mod. This new version has fixed stack attack bug and some other DCM components.(thanks Dale!).

15. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

are you absolutely sure that it works? it sounds way too easy... I guess we'll have to hear what kalimakhus says about this :D

16. CivFanCCS

CivFanCCS Warlord

Yes, the new version of RevDCM def. works, just copy paste .dll file in assets folder.

The XML thats required is already implemented, you should have no problem. I am already playing after updating this.

Does anyone know how to enable/disable options like Influence driven war, and super spies. The new RevDCM has fixed super spies bug. Thanks to the efforts of Jojoweb and Glider1. From what I have read, they spent quite some time tracking down and correcting this bug. However RoM does not have the python/xml included, but I did find it simple to merge this into RoM. Just need to find a way to "turn it on" in RoM configuration files.

17. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

18. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

19. ronjon

ronjon Warlord

just started playing this mod, looks fun. I am having a problem with the chariot. It can be selected but its stats cannot be shown and it cannot be upgraded.

20. Kalimakhus

Kalimakhus Emperor

I have just uploaded the Update Patch 1.2. This patch updates RoM2.2+RevDCM to include RevolutionDCM 0.94. Revolution v1.63 DCM v1.7. There are a number of minor bug fixes as well.