[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

just curious should a 2.3 saved game work with 2.4? if it should i seem to be having some issues :(

EDIT:

I have a game at 1662 gigantic map etc that crashes no matter what, ive tried reinstalling bts and the entire game as well as the mod a few times with the same results. I tried updating to 2.4 and loading my game but it just crashes, and doesnt give me very much time at all to read the error message.

also how does one remove the revolution mod? i see alot of people saying they are having issues with this.

Hi again,
I've updated to 2.4 and am still having the same problem with the Wonder movies [ie the sound starts but the video is just a hash of pixels and colour that does not change]; religion movies are fine. In case it helps, I am running medium graphics in windowed mode (although I tried playing it in full screen, but it made no difference). It's very odd as it just affects this mod, and the videos themselves work when I watch them using Bink programme in the game folder.
Any ideas? (in hope...)

EDIT: Great update! I especially like the new graphics and the terrain additions!)

Anybody been having problems with BTS only wanting to operate in windowed mode and scroll refusing to work???

I'm playing as the british and I have massive revolutions every other turn, It's been like that for ever... Is that a bug or how it's suppose to be?

I think i would really really love this mod but I started a new game and i still get MASSIVE revolts CONSTANTLY. It seems like there is literally nothing I can do to appease these people, What's the deal? Is there something special I should do to appease everyone. It's almost unplayable.

will 2.3 saved games work with this addon? if not how do i make them work?
:confused:

Not sure, it would be best to finish your current game, then delete all Rom related folders, inc cache and temp folders. Extract the new Rom folder in its place and start fresh.

I think i would really really love this mod but I started a new game and i still get MASSIVE revolts CONSTANTLY. It seems like there is literally nothing I can do to appease these people, What's the deal? Is there something special I should do to appease everyone. It's almost unplayable.

It is unplayable, I haven't played RevMod and BarbMod in Rom for a long time.

I'm playing as the british and I have massive revolutions every other turn, It's been like that for ever... Is that a bug or how it's suppose to be?

See above quote.

just curious should a 2.3 saved game work with 2.4? if it should i seem to be having some issues :(
also how does one remove the revolution mod? i see alot of people saying they are having issues with this.

start a custom game and untick BarbMod and RevMod from the options.

Its playable, you need just skill :D

One of the main things to have your cities not to revolt is religion, and happiness. With RevMod you cant play like normal civ, i think it adds lot of depth to the game. Example in vanilla civ i dont usually care much of religion, now you have to choose State Religion and spread it all of you towns, and purge all non state religions.

And you cant just go and conquer, you have make sure that your towns will stay happy.

And easiest way of course is money, you can bribe your sities not to revolt, and sometimes you have to, there are no other way sometimes than money.

And in late game, i dont usually anymore have care about RevMod, because all towns have lots of happiness.

And yeah, Revmod makes game a lot harder so if you dont like it you just untick it. For myselft it is one of most important mods here.

Well sorry I wans't very clear, by unplayable I did not mean "too hard to play". When I used to play I never had any city of mine revolting. But other people might have different problems.

My description of unplayable means this:

buggy (lots of crashes late game), annoying (every other turn in mid-late game would have a new civ revolting from the other main civs). The main civs AI are unable to deal with this mod, hence why other civs keep revolting, to the point of tediousness.
Sorry I just do not enjoy it, I am looking forward the Rom version when these addons will be separated again.

Well i would like to finish my 2.3 game but it keeps crashing when i try to end year 1662 and ive put over a hundred hours into this game so far id hate to just forget about it.

is there any way i can disable revolution mod in a current saved game to see if that resolves the crashing??

I've been haiving an issue with multiplayer.... get that out of sync msg... I am aware of the multiplayer fix that is out there but it doesn't seem to help much... :( any other ideas?

Nice update Zap. :)

However, I am having one minor issue....I'm seeing random Fallout popup on the map. Considering that I just started a new game, and I'm still in the Stone Age, Fallout doesn't make a ton of sense to me. It appears to be a bug with the Battlefield effects, as it seems to only occur right after a battle, but not always. Sometimes I get just the regular Battlefield effects, sometimes no effects, and sometimes Fallout. Is this a bug or is it intentional? Or am I just crazy and the only person having this issue :p

Well i would like to finish my 2.3 game but it keeps crashing when i try to end year 1662 and ive put over a hundred hours into this game so far id hate to just forget about it.

is there any way i can disable revolution mod in a current saved game to see if that resolves the crashing??

Is there any minor nations, delete them with world builder, it worked for me.

Nice update Zap. :)

However, I am having one minor issue....I'm seeing random Fallout popup on the map. Considering that I just started a new game, and I'm still in the Stone Age, Fallout doesn't make a ton of sense to me. It appears to be a bug with the Battlefield effects, as it seems to only occur right after a battle, but not always. Sometimes I get just the regular Battlefield effects, sometimes no effects, and sometimes Fallout. Is this a bug or is it intentional? Or am I just crazy and the only person having this issue :p

This problem has to do with Zappara's introduction of new terrain tiles and terrain effects tiles and the Battle Effects component. Apparently, it's not able to locate the right terrain effect tiles when it wants to put them in during a battle. Fallout usually happens when it wants to apply battle effects to a Tundra base tile. He's currently recommending people turn off battle effects until a workaround can be implemented.

I'm playing 2.3v and during a war "civil miltia emerged appeared". War has ended but I can no longer build any buildings. They do not even show up in my build queqe. I do see some angry civilians. Is there a way to solve this?

Yeah, After briding a bunch and pressing on I don't get any unhappyness at all anymore, Alot of revolting all over the place though.. Doesn't bother me.

however I have a major problem. I keep getting a crash, Crashes on the same turn every round and now I'm saved up to it so matter what I do it crashes.. Anywhere for this mod I can post or get the error and figure out why it's doing it. I believe I'm around 1900AD in that area so I'm pretty far in. Using 2.4 btw.

EDIT- I see a bug report post for this mod in the rise of mankind forum.. I'll post there.

I've been haiving an issue with multiplayer.... get that out of sync msg... I am aware of the multiplayer fix that is out there but it doesn't seem to help much... :( any other ideas?
You'll have to disable also Revolution mod components in multiplayer games as those will cause out of sync errors as well. Those mod components weren't made for multiplayer mode. I can't guarantee that the mod will work properly even after you've disabled all the revolution components and used the multiplayer python fix.

This problem has to do with Zappara's introduction of new terrain tiles and terrain effects tiles and the Battle Effects component. Apparently, it's not able to locate the right terrain effect tiles when it wants to put them in during a battle. Fallout usually happens when it wants to apply battle effects to a Tundra base tile. He's currently recommending people turn off battle effects until a workaround can be implemented.
Yup, new terrains messed up Battle Effects component - just ran some tests and tried to fix it but seems that only solution for now is to disable this mod component. You can do this by opening the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file from folder '..\Mods\Rise Of Mankind\Assets\XML' and change Battle Effects setting to 0 (it's located at the start of the file). I'll set it to disabled mode in a small patch (v2.41) that'll I'll try to get ready by weekend.

Top Bottom