[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Anyone know what's going on with the constant OOSes we're getting with 2.51 in multiplayer any time any religions are added to a city? (including founding one).

I'd been trying with 7.62 (latest version up until two days ago) and it didn't seem to unpack correctly. I got a message about missing xmls when trying to load the mod. Gonna give the .zip version a go.
This is just a logical test of the file compression systems. Used; WinRAR (3.71) & 7-Zip (4.63). Files used; RiseOfMankind2.51MegaPack.7z by Zappara and ‘Rise of Mankind.zip’ by pixiejmcc. Method testing; Unpacked both files using WinRAR and RiseOfMankind2.51MegaPack.7z using 7-zip.
Results:
1. RiseOfMankind2.51MegaPack.7z & WinRAR: 0.98GB, 2872 files in 384 folders

2. ‘Rise of Mankind.zip’ & WinRAR: 1.00GB, 7260 files in 459 folders

3. RiseOfMankind2.51MegaPack.7z & 7-Zip: 1.00GB, 7260 files in 459 folders

Conclusions: It’s clear that the older WinRar did not extract all of the files and folders. Hat’s off to Zappara again for coming to the rescue and to pixiejmcc for posting the *.zip file to test with. Use 7-zip, its FREE!

Hello everyone. Well back from the holidays, and major crash season in the game. I recently got a new Geforce 9600 GT and now hold 8GB RAM. I was recommended and I myself thought my previous hardware was the problem as I kept crashing late into the game. However now that I have gotten well enough into the Industrial Era it crashed again. I played the 23 civs huge earth map and was hoping for some help.

Thanks.

Also a small bug, there's no unique galleon unit for the Spanish Civ, its actually just a Galleon.

Attachments

• Isabella AD-1634.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
Do the makers of the add-ons intend on making them version 2.5 compatible?

can we get links for the version we can patch so it works? I only see the patch file or the full 2.51 but i'd like to try the old + patch to see if that will work.

Nothing to see here... just move aong citizen.

Question: Can you only found one religion now? I have been the first guy to multiple religions but only seem to found the first one I get to .. have seen other guys get Theology and Education AFTER me yet they found Christianity and Islam, not me.

Yeah I also have this same problem, they just randomly spawn now even if the player did the research beforehand. Hope somebody has comments on both our problems. (Look up for my comment)

P.S. Sucks not to be more apt with computers.

is the blue marble look supposed to be on this mod now?

can anyone get perfectworld script, rom version, to work.. getting runtime errors?

the mods works fine for me and it's great
I love this mod you've done a great job

I have constant error later in game . It is still BC but I do have over 24 cities and the biggest random map availiable from ROMSmartMap. It says sometimes that it fails to allocate video memory. I can save, and reload and play turn or few but will kick me out again sooner than later. I have good hardware configuration with plenty of resources. I do not have problem with latest Overloard but with this one i do. I really like ROM and I want to play longer . What are Your suggestions ?

I have constant error later in game . It is still BC but I do have over 24 cities and the biggest random map availiable from ROMSmartMap. It says sometimes that it fails to allocate video memory. I can save, and reload and play turn or few but will kick me out again sooner than later. I have good hardware configuration with plenty of resources. I do not have problem with latest Overloard but with this one i do. I really like ROM and I want to play longer . What are Your suggestions ?
Yes, video card memory and sometimes bad memory allocation :(

I have the same issue mentioned above w/r/t religions - I can apparently only found one.

Also, the "choose religions" option does not work correctly. Discovering a religion tech will cause me to found the linked religion, even if I have the option on. It does seem to work correctly for the AI civs, since I see "late" religions being founded elsewhere early in the game.

I have the same issue mentioned above w/r/t religions - I can apparently only found one.

the same here
I was supposed to have 4 by now but I still got one

I'm playing the 2.51 megapack and very much enjoying it. Regarding stability, I play it on two PCs:

a) Vaio / XP SP3 / 1Gb / ATI X600 Mobility
b) Desktop / Vista SP1 / 8Gb / nVidia 7800 GTS

On system A I have quite a lot of CTDs, while doing things like regenerating a map, accessing the civics screen or the load saved game page. The same install on system B has never crashed. It seems to be an issue of headroom, and running Vista causes me no problem, FYI.

A quick question: are bonuses from civics working correctly? Walls are listed as 1 :lol: and 1 :lol: from Junta. My capital has a Walls built and I am Junta, but I have only +1 :lol: for "Some buildings are making us happy". Similarly, Healing Hut is 2 :health: + 1 :health: with Survivial or Charity. I am still Survival but the total health bonus is 2. Is something amiss or are the civic-related bonuses displayed elsewhere?

Anyone know what's going on with the constant OOSes we're getting with 2.51 in multiplayer any time any religions are added to a city? (including founding one).
Those OOSes are probably related to new python code sections that were added from Revolution Inquisition addon - for the moment I do not know yet what particular python line(s) causes it but I'll report this to glider so he can take a look at it too. The Inquisition works now just like it does in Orion's Inquisition mod but glider had made some changes to it so that Inquisitors also affet revolution indexes.

Edit: Looks like Orion's Inquisition has been updated to v2.0 from v1.01f which RoM currently has and there has been numerous fixes to that mod so I'll merge the new version to RoM once glider has first merged it to his Revolution Inquisition addon...

can we get links for the version we can patch so it works? I only see the patch file or the full 2.51 but i'd like to try the old + patch to see if that will work.
The first post in this thread has link to patch RoM v2.4 to v2.5 and v2.5->v2.51. If you are using v2.3 or earlier you will need to download full mod again, as there was too many changes when mod was updated from v2.3 to v2.4 and it was impossible to make patch.

Question: Can you only found one religion now? I have been the first guy to multiple religions but only seem to found the first one I get to .. have seen other guys get Theology and Education AFTER me yet they found Christianity and Islam, not me.
By default any player can found only 1 religion in v2.5. If you want to disable this feature you'll have to open file GlobalDefinesAlt.xml (to notepad) from Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML -folder and edit the OC_LIMITED_RELIGIONS value to 0.

is the blue marble look supposed to be on this mod now?

can anyone get perfectworld script, rom version, to work.. getting runtime errors?
Blue marble is not included in this mod pack. I added new terrain graphics when Marsh terrain type was added also. Water graphics were made by someone else (different mod component on these forums).

Perfectworld script probably doesn't work because it doesn't know how to handle Marsh terrain. You should only use map scripts which start with text "RoM_" as those are the scripts that should work in RoM 2.4+ though some of them do not place Marsh terrain correctly yet.

Also, the "choose religions" option does not work correctly. Discovering a religion tech will cause me to found the linked religion, even if I have the option on. It does seem to work correctly for the AI civs, since I see "late" religions being founded elsewhere early in the game.
Hmm, Inquisitions mod component should work with "choose religions" option - might be some bug left in the python code, I'll go through the files and I'll report it to glider as well. If you can, please enable logging and post log files so we can track down those bugs easier.

A quick question: are bonuses from civics working correctly? Walls are listed as 1 :lol: and 1 :lol: from Junta. My capital has a Walls built and I am Junta, but I have only +1 :lol: for "Some buildings are making us happy". Similarly, Healing Hut is 2 :health: + 1 :health: with Survivial or Charity. I am still Survival but the total health bonus is 2. Is something amiss or are the civic-related bonuses displayed elsewhere?
I noticed this too when I was making those civic changes. When I looked through the SDK files, it seemed to me that the game does calculate correctly bonuses from buildings since it loops through all civics. So it seems to me that the actual problem is in python (main interface) which displayes wrong values or does not calculate everything together correctly when multiple civics change building values. This of course need still more testing to verify if there's also bug in game engine and if there is, then I'll have to adjust lots of civics again...

i too am getting the runtime error with the megapack/civ add-on. i have tried installing it many ways, from the simple megapack installation to trying to just use 2.4 with the 2.4 version of the add-on and even trying to update it to 2.51 after installing it to the 2.4 version. every time i receive the runtime error when trying to start a game. i enjoy the mod quite a bit and would be content to simply play regular ol' 2.51, which works fine, but it's less about the added content now and more about trying to find out what the problem is. i have also followed all the suggestions i have found about what program to use for extraction of the file. i traditionally use winrar, but i also downloaded 7zip and used it, with the same results. i even downloaded one of the chunked up .rar versions on the download comments page, but again, runtime error.

the only thing i have noticed is that even though i delete the mod each time i install it anew, when i run the re-installed version all my settings remain. is it possible there is a setting conflict or a cache i need to empty, something like that? any help that could be provided would be great, and i would be most appreciative.

I downloaded Rise of Mankind for the first time and have had no luck. Tried 2.5 -> 2.51 and 2.51 Megapack and both crash while starting a new game.

Is 2.4 still around anywhere? I'd love to give the mod a try even without the new civic system stuff.

Thanks,

Shane

I deleted the old MOD folder, installed the 2.5 full version and then the patch and finally the megapack (all went under my "C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods"). I also reinstalled using just the 2.5 and then the patch version an no megapack.

I go to start a new game using the "Play Now!" option, use the default options, Terra map (I also tried a few other maps with the same results) random leader on Warlord level, but as my map is being built, I crash.

My BTS has the latest patch installed and I am running under 64-bit Vista Ultimate (hence the "Program Files (x86)" in my game path above). Other MODs work fine. Past versions of your MOD have worked fine.

Any other crashes out there?

Top Bottom