1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by zappara, Apr 29, 2008.

1. OwieB2003

OwieB2003 Warlord

I tried 2.51, I could only get it to work if I didn't install the extra civ pack. Installing the extra civ pack, or installing via the megapack got me a CTD every time a few seconds after the Initializing Graphics part of loadup. Latest versions of WinRAR, 7-Zip, and PowerArchiver all say the same thing about the megapack: 2872 files, 385 folders, 0.98GB unpacked. So the problem is either in the extra civ pack for 2.4, or the patch that makes it work with 2.5.

2. Endwar 005

Endwar 005 The lolrus

Do you know how to access the BTS folder? By default, in your My Games folder, under Beyond the Sword. The file's real name is Civilization 4, and it will open up a text documents with lots of things that'll probably go over your head. They do for me, anyway. If you're too lazy to look over all your options, just CTRL+F (Search) Modular, it should take you to the strip of text you need. Change the 0 to a 1, save it, and tell me how it goes.

Make sure you save it though, because when I first did it it didn't accept it until I did it a few times over. Although, that could have been just because I had made a text copy of it and was trying to alter that instead of the official file :blush:

3. Lidrev

Lidrev Chieftain

I believe we may be having the same problem. Especially if we had the same conditions. I thought it was inadequate hardware, now I dunno since I upgraded.

4. genine

genine Warlord

hello,

I have a question whenever I try to alter the gamedefines.xml in the assets-folder to make it possible to have more than 4 world wonders in my city's I can modify and save it but when I play the game I'm still not able to build more than 4 world wonder Ideas?

5. Lomion

Lomion Chieftain

Ja religions def buggy now. When I set the "choose religion" option I found both the religion in the tech tree AND a religion of my choosing (ie I found TWO religions at the same time)

6. PinkPikachu

PinkPikachu Chieftain

I've been having problems where it will crash immediately after it starts to generate the world. I've got 3.17 patch, so I have no clue what is doing this.

7. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Deity

Exactly the same problem here, using version 2.5 (NOT 2.51).

8. ncwarrior

ncwarrior Ruler of my room

Dat zou ik ook wel is willen weten ;)

to all non-Dutch speakers here's the translation:
    I would like to know that as well

9. Endwar 005

Endwar 005 The lolrus

Are you using the 5.1 Mega pack? That, as stated many times before, causes crashes.

10. Cuteunit

Cuteunit Danse Macabre

Looking forward to an OOSless 2.51 then, thanks zappara.

From a balance perspective, could you find a way to stop the stacking of the 100% beaker wonders?

11. Khadras2007

Khadras2007 Chieftain

Why not implement unit fuel component in this mod?

12. Friherren

Friherren Chieftain

Am I the only one having a huge problem with maintance in this mod? Is seem to have getting worse in the latest version. The enemy expand very fast but I cant keep up with him, regardless me building a lot of baazars and other money buildings. Couthouses dont help much either with such a low decreas.

13. PsiCorps

PsiCorps FF: Babylon 5 mod team

Hi all, the only problems i have encountered at the moment are as follows.
    1. When barb cities turn into a new civ and it gets destroyed the dead civs stack up on the bottom of the diplomacy screen so the civs that are still alive are pushed off the top of the screen, any way to introduce a scrolling screen for this?
    2. I had a barb ship blocking trade near one of my cities, even though i dealt with the ship there are still 2 squares showing as trade blocked by enemy ship.

Screen shots of both problems included.

14. ncwarrior

ncwarrior Ruler of my room

man that sucks
    but you are an amazing player such a nice empire :o i wish i could play like that :(

15. Freakwave

Freakwave Warlord

@ Psi corps, You can customize the dead civs showing by using the bug mod

Ctrl+Alt+O

scoreboard: tag dead civs

16. last skunk

last skunk Chieftain

I installed the "megapack rom ver 2.51" and it ran glitchy, loads of crashes and lag in command acceptance and end turns. So... I deleted the mod folder and tried to install ver 2.5 because I wanted to do multi with a friend and he has been running 2.5 with no issues.

The extraction utility failed to "create file" and showed ghost files not found by civ4 or Vista. I then proceeded to do the noob thing and try a system restore to prior to installation of the mod. Bts worked fine, so desperate to play rom I tried to reinstall the mod. The mod went in fine but now civ4, beyond the sword, and ultimately rom fail to even boot. I am unable to run civ4, bts or even uninstall.

any long-shot advise on repair would be appreciated (not saying I know what the issue is but civ4 and bts ran flawlessly for months before the failed mod install)

17. yuizaki

yuizaki Chieftain

perhaps you deleted some of the main components of the game.

copy your saved game to somewhere else and re-install Civ 4 and RoM. I think it's the quickest way. please ask if you don't know where the saved files are located.

18. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Yup, I think I've today located the bug in that system after going through bunch of python files... I may have to make v2.52 patch which fixes religion system. I might update Inquisition mod component to v2.00 (Orion's Inquisition) as well because there's some fixes added to that mod too (RoM has Inquisition 1.01f now).

19. artemisarrow

artemisarrow Warlord

zappara,

i definately think that "THE EXTRA TERRAIN MOD" shoulde be added to ROM or another patch,

this mod i found adds more terrian like savannah, prarie, wasteland, and so on, its more realistic and they have their own values...a great addition

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=297183

20. protontan

protontan Chieftain

Could you make this feature as optional? One country can found several religions in history. For example, Hinduism and Buddhism were founded in India, Taoism and Confucianism were both founded in China.