[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Just out of curiosity, is the megapack as downloaded from FileFront busted for anybody else? Would really rather not spend hours on end waiting for each individual piece of the 10-pack rar files from the mirrors. Tried downloading three times from FileFront, and once with the basic mod (and 2.51 patch), and the extra civ pack separately. All 4 times, I hear the error beep during 'Initializing Graphics' (which freezes the game), and for clarification, both the megapack and the base mod + extra civ pack and related patches both say 2872 files over 385 folders. Can't seem to alt-tab or alt-enter the error message up.

Just out of curiosity, is the megapack as downloaded from FileFront busted for anybody else? Would really rather not spend hours on end waiting for each individual piece of the 10-pack rar files from the mirrors. Tried downloading three times from FileFront, and once with the basic mod (and 2.51 patch), and the extra civ pack separately. All 4 times, I hear the error beep during 'Initializing Graphics' (which freezes the game), and for clarification, both the megapack and the base mod + extra civ pack and related patches both say 2872 files over 385 folders. Can't seem to alt-tab or alt-enter the error message up.

something a alot of peoplke had problems with but there is a link provided by someone on the download page at the bottom where you find all the comments and with that link you can download a good version for the winrar users and it will work

When I play it often exits the game and the autosaves are corrupted. Any way to avoid this? Having a lot of fun with it though. If it helps it often crashes when another leader is supposed to talk with me.

2. I had a barb ship blocking trade near one of my cities, even though i dealt with the ship there are still 2 squares showing as trade blocked by enemy ship.

I confirm this bug, had it myself on my games. There seems no way to make the ocean field working again, so I had to live with my cities sparing thiese blocked fields.

Today I encounterd a (new?) issue - or maybe it's working as indended, but I'm not sure:
In one of my cities the Juwelery got destroyed by enemy spies - but now I am unable to rebuild it as the building button is disabled and telling me "Requires Forge (7/22 total)" ... Thing is I have 31 cities and all are long having a forge ... What is the issue here?

@Tekener

Are you sure you haven't at this point upgraded you forges to steel mills?

Hey Zap,

Since i'm here i just wanted to say. No problems at all. though i'm still in the middle of my first 2.51 game. ( i play marathon and work too much). But i also would like to say that the difference between 2.4 and 2.5 is amazing. I'm finding the game much harder and far more fair for the AI. Just discovered Rifleing and I'm only in eighth place scorewise. Meaning i've had to use every available aspect of the game to stay alive among such powerful AI's.( though to be honest i started alone on an island while the ai had partners to trade with, only reason i'm still keeping up is because i bee lined Optics).But all in all you have managed to nerf most of my normal strats so that it has become a new game to me. so...... Thanks Great MOD again.

Oh btw..... Your other mod sucks and you should devote all of your spare time to this one..... That how i say thanks :)

When I play it often exits the game and the autosaves are corrupted. Any way to avoid this? Having a lot of fun with it though. If it helps it often crashes when another leader is supposed to talk with me.

I found that I had a similar problem playing the full megapack. You may either try reducing the quality of the graphics or going to 2.51 without the megapack. It seems that this is a resource issue associated with "weaker" computers. Mine was a top of the line notebook 2 years ago and now it seems to be a has-been.

I confirm this bug, had it myself on my games. There seems no way to make the ocean field working again, so I had to live with my cities sparing thiese blocked fields.
This is known bug in Better BtS AI and it will be fixed once the new version gets merged to next RoM version.

Today I encounterd a (new?) issue - or maybe it's working as indended, but I'm not sure:
In one of my cities the Juwelery got destroyed by enemy spies - but now I am unable to rebuild it as the building button is disabled and telling me "Requires Forge (7/22 total)" ... Thing is I have 31 cities and all are long having a forge ... What is the issue here?
Issue with it is that Forges are upgraded to Steel Mills and when that happens Forge is removed from city (to avoid stacking of building bonuses) and since Jewellery requires Forge, you can't build it. Easy fix would be to remove Forge requirement from Jewellery...

Comradeмедведь;7662034 said:
I have created quite a few maps for RoM 2.3 and I was wondering how do I convert them to 2.5?
All you need to do is to change the starting civics to new settings and add more civ players. You can get new settings by opening one of the included maps in RoM2.5 and copying the settings from it.

Yeah, turning it down to low worked. It still crashes, but only occasionally saying 'memory allocation failure'. Is this to be expected? Jeez, my computers only a little over a year old...

All you need to do is to change the starting civics to new settings and add more civ players. You can get new settings by opening one of the included maps in RoM2.5 and copying the settings from it.

How do you do that? I've been playing around with the map editor since I got this game and I really have no idea what you mean... How do you modify the civics for each civ? Is there xml coding somewhere that I'm missing?

Hey

I realize this question has been asked over and over again, so much so that it's easy to lost track as to what is the best solution to this problem

I am currently running Rise of Mankind 2.5 with v3.17 installed on beyond the sword. I am running a an E8200 with 2gb ddr2 and a 7900GS.

The crashes seem to happen randomly.

If You have the memory allocation failure error and your computer has over 2gb of Ram. Just do what it says in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=224178

You can skip the part about modifying the exe file, it is not needed for BtS. For Vista follow the first post, for win xp You have to edit the boot.ini it is explained in post #15.

I use win xp and modifying the boot ini solved the problem, had allocation failures all time, now it works like a charm.

Since it is my first post, just want to say that i love the mod and keep up the great work :goodjob:

When i typed this into cmd prompt:
- "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072"

I got this error
bcedit is not recognized as an internal or external command

i did not include the quotes.

Issue with it is that Forges are upgraded to Steel Mills and when that happens Forge is removed from city (to avoid stacking of building bonuses) and since Jewellery requires Forge, you can't build it. Easy fix would be to remove Forge requirement from Jewellery...

This might be a silly comment, if so I apologize beforehand. Could you add a Boolean ‘OR’ to the Jeweler requirement for steel mills? Ex Jeweler if Forge or Steel Mill… Just a thought.

When i typed this into cmd prompt:
- "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072"

I got this error
bcedit is not recognized as an internal or external command

i did not include the quotes.

can't help You with Vista, as i use xp, but go through the thread i linked maybe there is another method.

Top Bottom