[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Fingers crossed, eh chaps?

The download works fine, I extracted everything in the correct folder.

But when I play a game, while it is loading it stops and I have to shut it down manually.

Is that only my computer or are there other people having this problem to ?

Also, when the mod itself is loading, I get three errors from units, but I don't think that gives a problem because after that the game runs fine .(until the problem mentioned above)

I was surprised to see how the latest version had very little in its art folder (if I'm wrong, hit me. Don't worry). I experienced a bunch of crashes after I just dragged and clicked the new 2.7 over the previous version in the mods folder. Apparently by doing this, some of the files in the old (or just mine) version went into to the new. I think this caused a conflict. But there's no conflict when I only added terrain, improvements, and movies in the new art folder. (just movies if you don't want blue marble terrain and improvements) This might be causing some problems for people. Now it only get crashes when I try and force too many complicated options in generating map with rom_smartmap.

It works fine now though, and thanks for the update. It's even better than I expected.

I am also getting the Runtime C++ Error (as psot 1787)
I am using the BtS 3.19 with RoM 2.7
I have chosen both regular and custom games and get the same message. The box that tracks loading progress and gives tips starts with "Initializing" and moves to "Init Graphics" and that is when the error appears.
I do play at the marathon speed. I mention this because I saw a note about speeds from Zap (post 1799).

And thanks to Zappara for all his hard work on this mod.

Thanks,

Michaelb

I am also getting the Runtime C++ Error (as psot 1787)
I am using the BtS 3.19 with RoM 2.7
I have chosen both regular and custom games and get the same message. The box that tracks loading progress and gives tips starts with "Initializing" and moves to "Init Graphics" and that is when the error appears.
I do play at the marathon speed. I mention this because I saw a note about speeds from Zap (post 1799).

And thanks to Zappara for all his hard work on this mod.

Thanks,

Michaelb

I have not seen this error with any of the 2.7 betas. All I can suggest is that you clean out the cache.

As a after thought - what operating system are you using? Win XP, Vista or Ubunto or other?

The second file is corrupt? Zappara already re-updated once.

The second file is corrupt? Zappara already re-updated once.

No, it is not. I'm playing that re-uploaded mod and it is just fine. :)

Hey guys... I'm just trying to figure something out. When i play a custom game, under the speeds thiers snail, marathon, epic, normal and quick. I understand that when i use snail compared to quick, it takes less amount of time to build stuff and so on. But i'm more interested in staying in each ara the longest possible, while units and building construction time is fast... To me the way it is now makes no different, correct me if i'm wrong... if i play on snail takes me like 30turns to make a worker, on quick 7.... is thier a way to stay in the era's longer but the building still fast? Thanks

To Dancing Hoskuld

Thanks for the reply (post 1810). I cleaned out the cache after the first failure, but thanks anyway.

I am running XP Pro SP 3. 2.8 Ghz with 1 Gig RAM. I don't recall the video card at the moment

Thanks,

Michaelb

To Dancing Hoskuld

Thanks for the reply (post 1810). I cleaned out the cache after the first failure, but thanks anyway.

I am running XP Pro SP 3. 2.8 Ghz with 1 Gig RAM. I don't recall the video card at the moment

Thanks,

Michaelb

I am at a loss. All I can think is that you just do not have enough memory. As far as I can see that is the only difference between your and my setup. I have 3 Gb RAM. I also have a fairly good video card - or it was when I bought it.

Rtsrobintje, Zappara deliberately removed the faster options, so as to give the game a more epic feel.

Joelrehel, you can't have your cake and eat it. If you want rapid growth and production, you can't also have a huge time-scale without massively unbalancing the game.

Zappara,

I too am getting a Runtime Error with certain map sizes ( crashes on initializing )

As far as I can tell v2.7 runs ok on my machine ( 32 bit XP Home with 4Gb Ram ) with map sizes up to and including Huge - tested with ROM Continent Map selected

When trying to use the Giant or Gigantic size maps however the mod crashes on the first initiaizing after clicking "launch".

Up until yesterday I had no problem with running ROM v2.63 ( without extra civ modpack) with the max map sizes but after upgrading to BTS 3.19 and Rom 2.7 today I am now getting the Runtime Errors.

DavidR

I have missing building pics for some buildings i.e. (Oil Refinery Telephone Exchange) when I try to build them the game crashes.

Works great for me. The only issue so far is the red cross icon instead of unhappy or sick icons.

And actually, I think I might keep it that way. It makes me click on the city screen and figure out what the problem is, rather than just ignoring it like I usually do.

So I started a new game, had a great starting location, great resources, got the wonders I wanted, built a massive army, and completely decimated my nearest opponent. By 1 A.D. (or 2 AM real time) I finally turned it off having one of the funnest early Civ 4 games I can remember, and felt very sure of myself. Then after lights out I realized I had forgotten to check the difficulty level, and I couldn't remember if it defaulted to Chieftain after installing the new mod.

Whoops.

What's the story on ExtraCivs?

Works great for me. The only issue so far is the red cross icon instead of unhappy or sick icons.

And actually, I think I might keep it that way. It makes me click on the city screen and figure out what the problem is, rather than just ignoring it like I usually do.

So I started a new game, had a great starting location, great resources, got the wonders I wanted, built a massive army, and completely decimated my nearest opponent. By 1 A.D. (or 2 AM real time) I finally turned it off having one of the funnest early Civ 4 games I can remember, and felt very sure of myself. Then after lights out I realized I had forgotten to check the difficulty level, and I couldn't remember if it defaulted to Chieftain after installing the new mod.

Whoops.

What's the story on ExtraCivs?

There is an unofficial patch, ie not by Zappara, that seems to fix this. See post 17 hers Version 2.7 bug reports and feedback

Top Bottom