1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by zappara, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Daegan

Daegan Chieftain

Who's Daegon?

And yes, these elements are in RoM. So is the corn resource. Lets talk about which company makes the best corn flakes for two pages.

2. i_diavolorosso

i_diavolorosso Prince

@zap
    I got a random CTD(about 5 times)
    It happened randomly, but it seems like it only happened in custom game.The last time i got CTD is when i research sailing.
    I played a "play game", and after about 70% of the game, i don't get a CTD.
    I really want to play with the "aggressive AI" option turned on:(

3. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Cereal Meals, obviously.:lol:

4. Azazell

Azazell Prince

How to chnage water in 2.7 version? I don`t see files water.dds and ocean.dds :(

5. last skunk

last skunk Chieftain

I'm old school, I like to make corn hash in a 20 gallon cast iron kettle and after about two days the gruel is mostly gone and then I scrape the sides of the kettle of the dried flakes and bam I have corn flakes for another two days.

two gameplay questions; a: when you bust a city that has improvements/buildings what determines what remains(walls, library, etc) b:what is the result of defying a app palace resolution.

time to go scrape my pot.

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There is a tag in the bildinginfos XML iConquestProb which has the percentage chance a building will survive the conquest of a city. At least I think this is the correct one.

No idea the AI defies them all the time with no effect that I can see.

7. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

Where do I go to modify the rate of events to appear?

8. Daegan

Daegan Chieftain

The GlobalDefines.xml in the XML folder, towards the bottom of the document. The lower the event_probability_roll_sides the more events will occur.

9. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

thanks, Daegan

10. Daegan

Daegan Chieftain

Sure thing.

Anyone else getting a crash when they attempt to load a game file while in the game? For instance, when a goody hut doesn't give you what you want the first time heh.

I'm getting the 'we're sorry, civ must close, now go to your room and think about what you've done' message when I try to load a previous save.

edit: I never got this bid'ness until updating to 3.19 and RoM 2.7.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Yea, I have always gotten that after a certain point in the game. My machine can't handle two games at one time - the one it is getting rid of and the one it is loading. I am saving for an upgrade :lol:

12. Hexed

Hexed Chieftain

Mine crashes each time I try to load the mod. I downloaded it and deleted the old rise before exracting it to Bts. Anyone else having this problem? Anyone have any ideas?

13. Daegan

Daegan Chieftain

I tried backing out to the main menu first and it still invited me to the desktop. ;)

I s'pose the moral of the story is stop trying to hit the reset button so much. It's just so tempting when I get 32 gold or a map to try and reset for a tech. :p

14. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

It depends. If the resolution recieves enough votes to pass, but doesn't solely because you defied it, all your cities with the apostolic state's religion will encur a +5:mad: penalty. If the vote failed to pass because of a lack of votes, nothing occurs.

15. last skunk

last skunk Chieftain

Yep, I been whining about it for days now...consensus is that the new BtS engine is overloading the video ram or something to that effect. My solution was to drop $50 on a new card with 512mb gddr3, I'll let you know if it works, ha my tuches. :bowdown:

16. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Did you patch your BtS from 3.17 to 3.19? Mod works now only with BtS 3.19.

17. Hexed

Hexed Chieftain

ah i havent done that yet thanks

18. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

I get that problem with late-game files and I have an Nvidia 9600 GT 512 Mb graphics card! It's simply the size of the mod overloading the game's processing power. Try playing on a smaller map or lesser time-scale.

19. G.Seimore

G.Seimore Chieftain

Hi all. I had my first game with RoM2 in the last 2 days and it was an amazing experience! You folks did a hell of a good job. I used to play vanilla bts with next war and what I get now with RoM2, is a completely new game. :goodjob:

I have one question: I prefer the vanilla flags instead of the modern flags used in RoM. is there a possibillity to change those flags back. Maybe someone else already wrote a sub-mod to convert them back? Thanks a lot!

20. Zakouski

Zakouski Chieftain

Hello, RoM2 players. I played a great game of the latstest version, and had great fun :)

I read that if you want to play with Revolution fully enabled, you have to create a custom game. Question :is there a way to modify files to have it enabled by default for all games ?

Thanks !:king: