1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtS] Rise of Mankind

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by zappara, Aug 17, 2007.

1. DarthLeon

DarthLeon Chieftain

I havent encountered the ctd industrial bug, since I reinstalled RoM after patching to 3.13 Maybe, through some freaky coincidence, the patch fixed the industrial bug. It's worth a hope.:D

2. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Yup, having Kalimakhus extra stuff (SDK changes) installed will not work with BtS 3.13. The basic mod does work with 3.13 since it doesn't have any SDK changes at all.

3. MrWhereItsAt

MrWhereItsAt Warlord

Glad I could help some people keep playing this great mod (the best BtS mod out there, IMO!).

Hey zap - looking forward to the next version. Will it have new additions and changes to it, or simply bug/interface fixes?

4. xbeanerx

xbeanerx Warlord

Please Zap Just fix the Bugs so we can live in peace and harmony with civ4 RoM:goodjob:

5. geminisama

geminisama Resident Batman

Someday, this mod will be playable. =/

6. DarthLeon

DarthLeon Chieftain

another full game with no industrial ctd bug. This is sweet! Try it guys, it might work.:D :) ;)

7. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Next version will have tweaked civics, some new units, maybe couple more new things (won't mention it now if I don't get them implemented right), rest changes are bug fixes and BtS 3.13 changes. I'll probably upload the mod as full package next (v1.0).

8. Freakwave

Freakwave Warlord

No ctd for me either, all far in ind age or early modern. Same game as i mentioned earlier.

:goodjob:

9. Uhlan

Uhlan Chieftain

Another very good mod, However, had one or two issues with a CTD.

Other than that, great fun.

What is the update time-line for this Mod? Curious, hate to start another game if changes are due soon (I'm playing two mods at once as it is...lol).

10. cole84

cole84 Chieftain

hey m8's
    thanx zappara for your great mod...even if i cant fully enjoy it cause the game crashes[i've played with the americans and germans but the game crashes in just about the 1400 or somewhere there i'm not really sure]so if you m8's find a way to solve the problems just write it with HUGE letters so we will know...lol
    now as far as the new units for the final version i have some thoughts that i would like to share with you
    cretan archers for greece--arcers from crete used to be the best in the world
    spartan infantry or something like that for greece--lol!!!!!!!!!!
    eurofigther for the european countries as an advanced jet figter
    f-35 or f-22 raptor for the united states as an advanced jet figter
    mirage 2000 for france as a jet figter
    Rafael for france as an advanced jet figter
    leclerc[i'm not really sure if thats the name] for france as an armored tank
    MLRS for the usa as a heavy artillery unit
    patriot for the usa as a A/A defence system
    s300 for the russians as a A/A defence system
    crotale ng for the french as a A/A defence system
    panzer2000 for the germans as a heavy artillery unit
    ah-64d apache longbow as a attack helicopter for the usa
    tiger as a attack helicopter for the european countries
    marder1a5 as mechanized infantry for germany
    m3a2 bradley as mechanized infantry for the usa
    vab as mechanized infantry for france
    challenger 2 as an armored tank for united kingdom
    warrior as mechanized infantry for the united kingdom
    c-2 ariete as an armored tank for romans
    a129 mangusta as attack helicopters for romans
    t-90 as an armored tank for the russians
    bmp3 as a mechanized infantry for the russians
    su-27 as an advanced jet fighter for the russians
    type 96 as an armored tank for china
    f-2 as an advanced jet fighter for lapan
    i dont know if its possible to add them to your next release but who knows maybe you will find this comment useful!
    btw...if you want information about the military units of some countries let me know i'm glad to help

11. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

@Cole84

I think I got some of those units waiting on my harddisk to be added to the mod.

12. Raider62

Raider62 Warlord

Hello, using version .9 .4 and without 3.13 patch I think we have 3.03 anyhow, we are still not having enough sulfur on the map. Is there a file we can change to up the amount of sulfur that gets placed? Great mod btw its awesome thanks

13. cole84

cole84 Chieftain

oh and by the way i don't wanna be rude but i think that with this mod we are actually make much stronger some civilization...
    what i mean is that there are a lot of unique units for some civilizations[ u.s.a.,france,russia,england and germany...]but all the other civilizations are stuck with the default units...and i think that this is quite unbalanced...
    a way to solve this problem is if in the beginning of the game[or in the moment that the player enters the industrial era]the player could pick wich ''army tecnology tree'' he /she would like to follow[lets say the american army tecnology tree-the european-the russian or something like that for example]i dont know if this is really possible i'm just making a theory here...but i think it would be nice[and quite more balanced for all the civilizations]
    thanx for listening m8's

14. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

@Cole84

Most of those unique units have same stats as regular unit types. Each civilization in this mod still have just only 1 unique unit with changed stats. I've used many unique units for civilizations because of the naming of units. If I made them as flavor units, they wouldn't get unique names and I prefer to have units named as they were in history.. for example some people might have the knowledge to know different tank types by just looking at them but most don't. Each civilization will get more uniquely named units, it just seems that people prefer to make units for present day civilizations so the ancient civilizations will lack the variety of uniquely named units. When each civilization has at least 2 uniquely named units, we can have 2 UU per civilization in this mod, I won't change any stats before that. Same goes for 3UUs and 4UUs and so on.

I'm open to any unique unit suggestions and if you know if some civilization has used any unit that is currently in this mod but it doesn't have access to it yet, let me know and I'll update them if the civilization hasn't already unique unit in same unit class type.

@Raider62

The file to edit resource appearance rates is in "Rise of mankind/Assets/xml/terrain/CIV4BonusInfos.xml". Note that some map generators place resources differently than others.

15. bmarnz

bmarnz Prince

16. Raider62

Raider62 Warlord

Thank you very much! This mod is amazing is all I can say!!!

Sorry am not sure what to change exactly in that file. I have found the sulfur bonus i am just not sure what to modify. Can you tell me or point me to a thread that tells me. I searched for it but couldnt find what values to change. Thanks

17. DarthLeon

DarthLeon Chieftain

Ok, a few ideas for changes to this mod. Not that Im complaining, but its things that I would change if I had the patience to do such things.

1. Free speech needs to be boosted, alot. I switched from vassalage to free speech, and I had to lower science spending by 20% to get back in the black.

2. Hereditary rule and polisce state need to either have a nerf, or give the others a boost. Now, its all the ai chooses. Ive seen it do hereditary rule all game long!

3. Martial law. Not quite sure if this needs a boost or not. the reduction of war weariness is nice, but -50% science and gold? Not sure on this.

4. The pyramids are marco polos embassy are an insanely powerful combo. Capitalization and global market can make it an easy win. Im not sure what should be done about this.

5. Either we need more religous civics, or free religion needs a boost. As of now, it is a very bad alternative, unless you dont have a dominant relious presence, AND you have alot of religions availible.

6. Why no fusion transport? having transports that can carry 4 guys accompanying fusion battleships seems odd. Also, mech units ranged attack does no damage.

7. Usury should be a prerequsite for banking, and it should increase all trade route income by 25%. It was used for land routes, after all.

8. The advanced improvements, "Plantation, quarry, etc" need to get better as time goes by also. Especially pastures. Im thinking genetic engineering and refrigeration should give big food bonuses to pastures. Refridgeration was the greatest innovation to motivate people to have livestock.

9.Is there a way to make the city just not reccomend certain buildings. The oil refinery and international port, specifacally. It gets really annoying when it advises you to build in constantly. Resort hotel is also on the list.

10. The brothel was known as a den of shady men in the medieval days. Maybe a few espionage points to go with that. Maybe change the money bonus to -15%, and, itd be nice if it didnt auto reccomend this too.

11. This is probably low on your list, but a little organization would be nice, especially for the buildings. Not that its neccesary, but itd be a nice touch.

Again, Im not complaining, but I would be happy if at least some of these changes are implemented.

ps. I started a thread, looking for a mod to see if they do upgrading settlers. Would it be possible to mod this in. The discussion is here. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=248006

18. Jasmo

Jasmo Chieftain

Ok so I did the delete and reinstall thing and got ROM to run. I have nothing other than what is in the ROM download associated with that mod. While it runs, at the end of each turn I get a full page of python errors. No obvious interference with gameplay but I am no expert. Anyone got any clues what may be causing this? ROM is my favorite mod and this is very frustrating.

19. mckeon13

mckeon13 Chieftain

I am having a problem with the game crashing mid game, I have had this happen 3 times now, and I have not noticed a common point that could be causing the crash. Any help would be great, if you like I can send you the save game file and you can maybe figure it out, cause I love the mod, but can't keep playing if I know after 16 hours it is going to crash and never get past the crash point.

20. Freakwave

Freakwave Warlord

All i can say is i have 3.13 then i reinstalled ROM and the latest patch. Nothing added and it works fine for me. As some other friendly ppl in this thread pointed out. Did you install in the right folders? sorry if its useless info, just trying to help.

What Bts patch are you running. Apparently 3.13 with a new install of ROM+patch seems to get rid of the bug so many ppl encountered.