[BtS] Rise of Mankind

Ok, a few ideas for changes to this mod. Not that Im complaining, but its things that I would change if I had the patience to do such things.

1. Free speech needs to be boosted, alot. I switched from vassalage to free speech, and I had to lower science spending by 20% to get back in the black.

2. Hereditary rule and polisce state need to either have a nerf, or give the others a boost. Now, its all the ai chooses. Ive seen it do hereditary rule all game long!

3. Martial law. Not quite sure if this needs a boost or not. the reduction of war weariness is nice, but -50% science and gold? Not sure on this.

4. The pyramids are marco polos embassy are an insanely powerful combo. Capitalization and global market can make it an easy win. Im not sure what should be done about this.

5. Either we need more religous civics, or free religion needs a boost. As of now, it is a very bad alternative, unless you dont have a dominant relious presence, AND you have alot of religions availible.

6. Why no fusion transport? having transports that can carry 4 guys accompanying fusion battleships seems odd. Also, mech units ranged attack does no damage.

7. Usury should be a prerequsite for banking, and it should increase all trade route income by 25%. It was used for land routes, after all.

8. The advanced improvements, "Plantation, quarry, etc" need to get better as time goes by also. Especially pastures. Im thinking genetic engineering and refrigeration should give big food bonuses to pastures. Refridgeration was the greatest innovation to motivate people to have livestock.

9.Is there a way to make the city just not reccomend certain buildings. The oil refinery and international port, specifacally. It gets really annoying when it advises you to build in constantly. Resort hotel is also on the list.

10. The brothel was known as a den of shady men in the medieval days. Maybe a few espionage points to go with that. Maybe change the money bonus to -15%, and, itd be nice if it didnt auto reccomend this too.

11. This is probably low on your list, but a little organization would be nice, especially for the buildings. Not that its neccesary, but itd be a nice touch.

Again, Im not complaining, but I would be happy if at least some of these changes are implemented.

ps. I started a thread, looking for a mod to see if they do upgrading settlers. Would it be possible to mod this in. The discussion is here. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=248006

I think I figured out why the ai likes police state so much. Its the 25% :food: bonus.The ai also really likes slavery, for the 30%:hammers: bonus. The comp tends to like the civics that give big bonuses. Especially food.Maybe take out the 50% :food: bonus for the capital in bureacracy and just stick with the 10% for all cities. The ai never uses to two future education civics. It seems they only use military training and private schools. Even if they get the pyramids, they choose police state. It would make a good civic, even without all the military bonuses attached. Going on in the game, Im able to get tons of money coming in, even at 100% science, and Im reasearching a tech every 2-3 turns on marathon. This is not :health: for my ego.

I just downloaded and installed RoM 0.8 and Patch 9.4. I get the following everytime I do a turn in the game,

Python Exception
File "CvEventInterface", line 23, in onEvent
File "CvEventManager", line 191, in handleEvent
File "CvEventManager", line 919, in onCityDoTurn
File CvAdvisorUtils", line 481, in cityAdvise

Arguement Error: Python arguement types in
CyCity, get Liberation Player (CyCity)
did not match C++ signature:
get Liberation Player (Class CyCity {value},bool)

Hopefully this will help you and the rest of us. I never had any problems with RoM before patch 3.13

@WizzBang

The Python exception is because of changing the SDK in 3.13 and accordingly python code that calls a changed function in the SDK should match it.

You can turn off python exception messages and ignore this error though it will affect game play. I think you won't be able to liberate cities and there won't be and indication of cities that can be liberated.

The other alternative is to fix the error. To do so go to Rise Of Mankind\assets\python folder. Open the file "CvAdvisorUtils.py" in Notepad. (I prefer Notepad++). Go to line # 481 you will find it reads like this:

eLiberationPlayer = pCity.getLiberationPlayer()

change it to:

eLiberationPlayer = pCity.getLiberationPlayer(false)

save the file and load RoM it should work normally.

I am sure Zappara will take care of all such incompatibility issues with 3.13 in his coming release. Hopefully this will help those who would like to continue enjoying the mod till then.

Did I understand a previous comment correcly, that Kalimakhus patch will not work with BTS version 3.13?
If this is correct, is there a fix for this planned?
This patch sounds like an (additional) improvement to the mod.

I have not yet played the mod. From the description it sounds very good. Looking forward to playing it!

@ichbinsehselber

You understood correctly. As the extra stuff patch includes a modified DLL it won't work with 3.13 till it is updated. I expected that with 3.13 there won't be a need for the patch as an important part of it was Solver's unofficial patch which is totally included with 3.13.

Dale's bombardment component isn't updated for 3.13 yet. Updating it is an easy task but I don't have enough time these days. So I think I will wait for Zappara's next release to put together an updated version of the patch.

Zappara
with all the new national wonders ,perhaps you should consider
changing the limit per city to 3 or even 4 instead of the current 2

Great mod tho:goodjob:

This mod is really nice. I have only seen the first 2 eras yet, but I can already see, that the modders really have a plan and are also capable of implementing it. There are many nice new features and I am sure I have only seen a part of the total.

The 4 wonders per city limit has gotten me by surprise, but I actually find the idea a good one. In my first (current game) I obviously do not like it, because I now can't have my 'wonder city'. But it was probably just because I did not read the right part of the documentation.

A nice to have feature would be to get the previous settings by default, when you hit 'custom game' again. I do not know, if this can be done in the scope of a mod or if this would have to be done by the civ development team.

Thanks to all contributors for this great mod!

Very nice Mod :goodjob:

But a few things no problems with ur mod just with civ and improvements.

1) I noticed you changed some Civs flags so I think you should really change the Native Americans flag... a buffalo... please change it, I don't want to be a civilization of buffalo...

2) Ideas for Native American UUs:
Rifle Riders: replace cavalry

Plains natives knew how to ride a horse while keeping both hands free allowing them to use lever action rifles to great effectiveness.

The Sioux rifle riders were the most advanced troops of their time. The European cavalry were armed with cold steel and the American armed with single shot rifles.

Canoe: replace galley

Fast and light naval transportation.

The Algonquins were famed for their birch bark canoes.

Tomahawks: replace crossbowman

Warriors that used light axes made for throwing.

The Iroquois commonly used the versatile tomahawks for both close and short-medium range weapons.

Mantlet: replace catapults maybe... im not maybe put siege towers in then replace that?

A siege weapon made to shield and climb like a ladder. Made light enough to carry.

Native Americans used mantlets all over the Americas as shields and ladders. The strategy was two men(usually) would carry the mantlet to a position where people protected behind it could fire bows, throw javelins, or other weapons safely. Then when the walls were clear enough they would carry it to the walls then use it to scale the walls. Then when on top of the walls you know what happens.

I keep hearing or reading that this mod will be out next week, but it never comes lol... i'm not being pushy or anything and its a great piece of work, just curious on a update or forceen date of expectation of new version.

Thanks for all the hard work your doing zap.

I found a problem with the AI trading with resources. There have always been some problems in CIV4 in my opinion, but this one is new:

I asked an AI "what do you want for this" and the AI wanted nothing. I obviously agreed. And the trade was done. A resource vs nothing. I got Dye, Cotton and Spices for free this way.

This happened in version 0.9.4 in Rennaissance age.

a question: anyone know if there is some earth map playable with this mod?
i tried someone but with no results

anyone else have a problem with not being able to start corps...i even went into world builder and gave myself more of the resources and then all the techs but was never able to build any...

anyone else have a problem with not being able to start corps...i even went into world builder and gave myself more of the resources and then all the techs but was never able to build any...

What civic are you running? Can't found corp with State Prop or Merc.

Just curious when this next version will be out? Anyone heard, this forum has been pretty quiet and i haven't seen zap write anything on it in weeks....

Joel

anyways back to that currently running universal suffrage, free speech, emancipation, global market, organized religion, subsidized h.c., and apprenticeship.......and still cant found any corps....but thankfully the auto save had it saved b4 i added the techs and resources so i can finish the game...but would be nice to utilize the corps

I really hope this mod gets finished, because its the best Civ4 mod ive played.

Maybe if Zappara is too busy to continue the mod, he could hand it over to someone else.:(

Top Bottom